Summer transfer thread | Page 117 | Vital Football

Summer transfer thread

This will be rubbish.

Britt will have told his agent to get him out of Boro because big bad Pulis doesn't respect his football genius.

Agent sees that brum have missed out on Grabban to us. Realises that Birmingham must be in want of an expensive striker as a result.

Puts out the story and throws our name about because everyone sees us throwing a bit of money around and the outcome of their last 'transfer battle's with them will have left them sore and hopefully more determined to move quickly.

Assombalonga would not fit the system Karanka is building for and he would be hugely expensive. I would be astonished and not at all impressed if we went for him.

I really don't think there is an ounce of truth in this.

Once Grabban is made official we aren't going to be splashing out on Britt. Grabban and Soudani in, Murphy and Brereton both with a part to play this season it seems. For the first time in a long time, we will be well stocked for strikers.

Ca

Can you blame him ? Really ? He posts what he hears in good faith, and gets vilified for being an “attention seeker”. It is in the nature of negotiations that sometimes snags appear or a “Birmingham “ or “Leeds” come up, and what was once nailed on, becomes “not so much”. I consider myself adult enough to distinguish between what is credible and what isn’t, without some fascist trying to act as censor, by hounding posters off the site.

You hardly see posters like Sniffer, the Jock, Bad Dog, Ozzy 10 and Widdow on here anymore. It’s not a mystery why. A newbie on COYR actually asked if it was ok to swear over there. Speaks volumes really.

I only come on this site for pope’s posts now. Agree or disagree with what he has to say, his posts are always thought provoking and he calls it how he sees it.

As usual you miss the whole point.

Ozzy has posted on here for ages without getting any grief whatsoever; that was until one certain poster called him out as a bull shitter.

I cant remember what the issue was that he got wrong, but the vast majority of people on here took what he posted in good faith.

The person who criticised him did so on far more than one occasion; in fact it got so frequent at one time that it got a bit creepy.

Don't you find it a bit ironic that the person with the vendetta is now a regular on COYR; the very place where Ozzy now feels confident enough to post his gossip?

When you have finished Googling the definition of Ironic, you might want to consider what the purpose of a Football Forum is.

I would have thought that the primary purpose is to talk about Football; the problem arises when some people get called out for talking shite and they cant handle it.

I suspect that this is your biggest bug bear, not the mock indignation about some harmless, monotonous drivel, masquerading as humour.

There is nothing more nauseating than half wits who have not been to a game, bull shitting their way through post match analysis and berating people who have been to the game and actually witnessed what happened.

Thankfully some of the main culprits have defected to you favourite new site; unfortunately a hand full of good posters have gone with them.

I think you will find that the level of debate about the games will go up on here during the coming season, because less does sometimes mean more.

I couldn't help but notice that your contribution on COYR meets the incredibly low standards that you set yourself on here.

Good luck over there, I hope you are very happy.

Now fuck off and leave us all in peace.

I presume you are hinting at me mao.

you need to get out more mate. fuck me. who cares who uses what forum. does that really bother you? that's tragic

This will be rubbish.

Britt will have told his agent to get him out of Boro because big bad Pulis doesn't respect his football genius.

Agent sees that brum have missed out on Grabban to us. Realises that Birmingham must be in want of an expensive striker as a result.

Puts out the story and throws our name about because everyone sees us throwing a bit of money around and the outcome of their last 'transfer battle's with them will have left them sore and hopefully more determined to move quickly.

Assombalonga would not fit the system Karanka is building for and he would be hugely expensive. I would be astonished and not at all impressed if we went for him.

I really don't think there is an ounce of truth in this.

Which elements do you find inaccurate?

I can well believe that Brit has asked his agent to find him another club.

Brit is most definitely not a Pullis type player; Stevie Wonder would be able to see that.

Pullis will not tolerate lazy players, and Brit is as lazy as they come; he thinks he is only there to contribute goals, Pullis obviously thinks other wise.

He was not the first choice striker for Pullis when all his men were fit; he was picked regularly towards the end of the season when Boro were suffering from injured forwards.

Brit will have known he was out of favour, he is not stupid; like all players in that situation, the thought of agitating for a move would have crossed his mind

The training ground argument would have been pre planned; light the blue touch paper and see what happens.

The link with Monk is understandable though I suspect they will not be able to afford him.

And Brit will certainly not fit into Karanka's style of play; look at the forwards AK has been interested in, they are the polar opposites of Brit.

The story looks contrived but some parts could be accurate.

I presume you are hinting at me mao.

you need to get out more mate. fuck me. who cares who uses what forum. does that really bother you? that's tragic

I get out quite a lot Jock.

No it does not bother me in the slightest regarding who uses what forum, but even you must be able to see the funny side of Ozzy posting gossip again, at your new home of all places, after all the grief you gave him, and you gave him a lot.

Maybe not; maybe its not me that needs to get out more!

And while we are at it, you have recently been quite critical of this site, so its a tad hypocritical of you to pose that question to me.

Which elements do you find inaccurate?

I can well believe that Brit has asked his agent to find him another club.

Brit is most definitely not a Pullis type player; Stevie Wonder would be able to see that.

Pullis will not tolerate lazy players, and Brit is as lazy as they come; he thinks he is only there to contribute goals, Pullis obviously thinks other wise.

He was not the first choice striker for Pullis when all his men were fit; he was picked regularly towards the end of the season when Boro were suffering from injured forwards.

Brit will have known he was out of favour, he is not stupid; like all players in that situation, the thought of agitating for a move would have crossed his mind

The training ground argument would have been pre planned; light the blue touch paper and see what happens.

The link with Monk is understandable though I suspect they will not be able to afford him.

And Brit will certainly not fit into Karanka's style of play; look at the forwards AK has been interested in, they are the polar opposites of Brit.

The story looks contrived but some parts could be accurate.

The part I think is inaccurate is the part about our interest.

I am confident the scenario I outlined is probably close to the truth.

As usual you miss the whole point.

Ozzy has posted on here for ages without getting any grief whatsoever; that was until one certain poster called him out as a bull shitter.

I cant remember what the issue was that he got wrong, but the vast majority of people on here took what he posted in good faith.

The person who criticised him did so on far more than one occasion; in fact it got so frequent at one time that it got a bit creepy.

Don't you find it a bit ironic that the person with the vendetta is now a regular on COYR; the very place where Ozzy now feels confident enough to post his gossip?

When you have finished Googling the definition of Ironic, you might want to consider what the purpose of a Football Forum is.

I would have thought that the primary purpose is to talk about Football; the problem arises when some people get called out for talking shite and they cant handle it.

I suspect that this is your biggest bug bear, not the mock indignation about some harmless, monotonous drivel, masquerading as humour.

There is nothing more nauseating than half wits who have not been to a game, bull shitting their way through post match analysis and berating people who have been to the game and actually witnessed what happened.

Thankfully some of the main culprits have defected to you favourite new site; unfortunately a hand full of good posters have gone with them.

I think you will find that the level of debate about the games will go up on here during the coming season, because less does sometimes mean more.

I couldn't help but notice that your contribution on COYR meets the incredibly low standards that you set yourself on here.

Good luck over there, I hope you are very happy.

Now fuck off and leave us all in peace.

It’s bullies like you that’s stifle debate and ruin forums

The part I think is inaccurate is the part about our interest.

I am confident the scenario I outlined is probably close to the truth.

Britt got tapped up & his release clause fee was leaked to Monk/Boro - so, it's certainly not unexpected that he now seeks to find a new club, with things not suiting him.

He's made his own bed, but as much as I did like Britt, the way he engineered his exit from Forest, despite the adoration of fans and the not insignificant part we played in his recovery, is unforgiveable.

Top striker on his day - wouldn't be shocked to see him arrive at Brum, but - can't see Boro wanting to make a big loss.

Ah, apologies. I thought that apart from the top and bottom line the whole text was the story.

Yes I agree on both counts

2+2 =7.

I'm not actually sure Britt would be welcomed by the fans... until he started scoring anyway!

Boro are more than welcome to splash another £15m on McKay, Cummings & Vellios though... 3 for the price of 1.

At a push, straight swap - them 3 for Britt and we'll throw in Murphy & Manc!

Britt got tapped up & his release clause fee was leaked to Monk/Boro - so, it's certainly not unexpected that he now seeks to find a new club, with things not suiting him.

He's made his own bed, but as much as I did like Britt, the way he engineered his exit from Forest, despite the adoration of fans and the not insignificant part we played in his recovery, is unforgiveable.

Top striker on his day - wouldn't be shocked to see him arrive at Brum, but - can't see Boro wanting to make a big loss.

He is a top goal scorer but definitely not a top striker.

Strikers have huge work loads and responsibility these days; Brit is a bit of a relic, a throw back to the days of goal scorers playing off of a target man.

Very few teams, if any, play that formation in today's game; the teams that play with two up front tend to use one in the false 9 role, play making.