Summer Transfer Thread | Page 24 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread

Plus I would assume Benny and Hefe will be offloaded this summer. We do need Colback back, a couple of creative mids, another winger and a striker this summer

Pen Fulham, ref spotted a pull you rarely see them get. Cracking pen as well, hopefully we keep that cushion from 6th before we kick off tomorrow.

I thought Milosevic was decent too. Benalouane is with us until 2021 and could surely contribute more.

Last edited:
I thought Milsoevic was decent too. Benalouane is with us until 2021 and could surely contribute more.

Miloevic and Benalouane ware both players with merits and extremely handy as back up for a side at our level.

I wish our back up options in other areas of the pitch could be this strong.

Alan Nixon
@reluctantnicko

·
15m

Forest. Want Lyle Taylor. Free. Talks have begun. Keen on him for either division. Not done yet but ideal for what Lamouchi wants.
Not especially keen.

An older player, so delays the Grabban reckoning by a year or two at best.

But given this lot's record of signing strikers, I would snap their hand off to get another striker at the club early doors who has any kind of record. I wouldn't want to spend the whole window waiting for that phantom striker signing that never comes yet again.

Not especially keen.

An older player, so delays the Grabban reckoning by a year or two at best.

But given this lot's record of signing strikers, I would snap their hand off to get another striker at the club early doors who has any kind of record. I wouldn't want to spend the whole window waiting for that phantom striker signing that never comes yet again.
That said, just seen that Brentford were formerly after him, so maybe he's a better signing than I thought

He seems solid enough as an option, Grabban is another year older and I can't see him going another full season uninjured. Taylor does a similar job so good to have a reasonable experienced backup and no transfer fee, hopefully spend a bit on a solid replacement for Watson then again be very surprised if that wasn't Colback on a free as well.

That said, just seen that Brentford were formerly after him, so maybe he's a better signing than I thought

This looks suspiciously like Nixon doing an Agents bidding for him.

Taylor is effectively a free agent; there is nothing to prevent him from announcing a deal in advance of signing on the 26th.

Maybe the deals he has on the table are not quite what he expected and a little arm twisting is required.

If we are still in this division next season then Taylor in a free isn’t a bad option although he is not particularly exciting and he will at least mean that we are not so totally reliant on Grabban who has had an almost miraculous season in terms of not looking totally run into the ground.

I suppose with him in on a free to complement Grabban, we can concentrate on some creative options...

Got a couple of mates season ticket holders at charlton and they rekon hes a massive cockhead thats a journeyman whos just happened to have 1 good season

Probably what we'd be saying about a player who wouldn't sign a new contract and went on strike then left on a free, he looked useful in any game I saw him play this season.

Got a couple of mates season ticket holders at charlton and they rekon hes a massive cockhead thats a journeyman whos just happened to have 1 good season

We've had plenty of cokehead journeymen play for us over the years, so he should fit in here just fine.