Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 12 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Think someone's been a bit creative on his Wikipedia page; from memory from his loan at Lincoln he can play defensive mid, centre half and at a push right back.
Career league appearances:

Right back 18
Left back 7
Centre back 52
Right midfield 6
Left midfield 1
Defensive midfield 64

Hasn't had a run of games at right back since the 16/17 season when he played 10 games there on loan at Wigan.

Connolly has signed.

At this rate, the only member of the Everton u-23s we won't have playing for us will be Simms.

Quite impressed with the experience that Connolly has already got. Also seems a bit of a leader on the pitch. Pencilled in for RB?

Quite impressed with the experience that Connolly has already got. Also seems a bit of a leader on the pitch. Pencilled in for RB?

According to Abels posts above, doesn't sound like he's played right back other than his first loan at Wigan many moons ago.

Sounds like cover or competition for Dougall and Stewart, and potentially for the CBs as well.

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Callum Connolly on an initial two-year contract, which includes an option for a further 12-months.

The in-demand defender, who has represented England at various youth levels, moves to Bloomfield Road from Everton, having risen through the academy ranks at Goodison Park.

Capable of playing across the back line or in midfield, the 23-year-old has amassed Championship and League One experience during loan spells with the likes of Wigan Athletic and Ipswich Town.

out.stream powered by ADITION

More recently, Connolly spent 18 months on the Fylde Coast with Fleetwood Town, where he made 57 appearances and captained the club.

On joining Blackpool, Callum Connolly said:

“I’m delighted to be here. For the last few weeks I’ve been speaking to the gaffer about where he was going to play me, the belief in the squad and where he wants to take the team. The Club’s going to be playing Championship football again, and it sounds very promising to be a Blackpool player.”

Neil Critchley added:

“Callum is a player I’ve admired for some time. He’s ambitious, wants to challenge himself and has the attributes, character and values that we want here at Blackpool. He’s had previous Championship experience on loan with various clubs and now wants a permanent home to play his football.

“I’m delighted to welcome him to the Club. His best years are still to come, and we’re looking forward to working with him and helping him develop and improve his game further.”

Fleetwood fans seem a bit gutted he's signed for us. I think they knew he was championship bound though, which is a good sign.

Maxwell, Moore, Grimshaw

Garbutt, James

Gretarsson, Husband, Ekpiteta, Casey (U21), BALLARD?

2 x RIGHT BACKS (GABRIEL?)

Dougall, Stewart, Connolly, Ward, (Virtue)

Anderson, ATTACKING MIDFIELDER (EMBLETON?)

Hamilton, Mitchell, Bowler, WIDE MIDFIELDER

Yates, Madine, Lavery, SIMMS?

Exit door: Howe, Thorniley, Robson, Sarkic, Lubala, Nuttall

Caps indicate where we need a signing.

Virtue in brackets as crocked.

If we land the 6 in caps that takes us to a squad of 25 (presuming non U21).

Maxwell, Moore, Grimshaw

Garbutt, James

Gretarsson, Husband, Ekpiteta, Casey (U21), BALLARD?

2 x RIGHT BACKS (GABRIEL?)

Dougall, Stewart, Connolly, Ward, (Virtue)

Anderson, ATTACKING MIDFIELDER (EMBLETON?)

Hamilton, Mitchell, Bowler, WIDE MIDFIELDER

Yates, Madine, Lavery, SIMMS?

Exit door: Howe, Thorniley, Robson, Sarkic, Lubala, Nuttall

Caps indicate where we need a signing.

Virtue in brackets as crocked.

If we land the 6 in caps that takes us to a squad of 25 (presuming non U21).

Shaping up nicely. Gabriel would only be back if we signed him permanently and he didn't think he would get a chance at Forest

Need to address the right back problem. It will be interesting to also see what loans we get. Should be able to add some additional quality through that route, hopefully including Simms

Sonny Carey being linked everywhere with us again today. Matt Scrafton has just posted an article on him.

Seems like, on paper, he's a forward looking Centre mid?

For those sho can't open the link:

Blackpool Complete Deal For Sonny Carey
Midfielder Signs For Undisclosed Fee
Just now

Large

Blackpool Football Club is pleased to announce the signing of Sonny Carey for an undisclosed fee from National League side King’s Lynn Town.
The highly sought after midfielder, 20, links up with Seasiders on an initial three-year contract, which also contains an option for a further 12 months.
One of the hottest prospects outside of the EFL, the former Norwich City academy player scored six goals in 46 games last season, including a match-winner to knock Port Vale out of the Emirates FA Cup.

Prior to that, he found the net five times during his debut campaign with the Linnets, having joined them following an impressive stint at Wroxham FC.
His arrival at Bloomfield Road follows the additions of Reece James, Daniel Grimshaw, Shayne Lavery, Josh Bowler, Oliver Casey and Callum Connolly for the new Sky Bet Championship season.
On the move, Sonny Carey said:
“It’s an exciting time for the Club and everybody involved, especially with the promotion. The Club’s heading in the right direction.
“I’ve had a good couple of seasons at King’s Lynn, but I feel now is the time for a new challenge and a fresh, new start somewhere.
“I had a Zoom chat with the gaffer and he is renowned for improving young players with his background at Liverpool. I’m a young player myself – I’m only 20 – and to work with somebody like the gaffer, who has worked with younger players and with the reputation he’s got, that was a massive part of why I’ve come to Blackpool.”
Neil Critchley added:
“I’m delighted that Sonny has decided to join us. He’s a player that has attracted a fair bit of interest with his performances for King’s Lynn and is somebody we have monitored closely through our recruitment process.
“Sonny’s performed very well in the National League and is capable of creating and scoring goals from midfield.
“He plays with real personality and has shown great character and drive following his time at Norwich to bounce back and rise up the leagues again.
“If you have the ability and characteristics, then we are a Club that will always give young players opportunities.”