Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 11 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Ballard would be wonderful but right back seems a more pressing need. My guess is that Goal Machine would have signed by now if he was going to. We will need to replace him like for like to be able to vary our options.

Definitely think we need 2 right backs. Taylor Moore would be a reasonable option for one of those slots methinks.

I agree on Madine. I would hope we can get Simms back which might help to mitigate not having Madine somewhat, but Madine just has that nouse and puts himself about more physically than Simms.

Still seems like we could do with a creative midfielder to spread the play out to give our wide and front men something to run onto.

Rumour is free with a big sell on fee.

That makes sense, both for us and Leeds you would assume.

Someone on t'other forum was saying 1m+, which just sounded ridiculous for a number of reasons, not least that I wouldn't have had CB as a priority area for splashing the cash given the gaps we've got elsewhere.

Permanent exit from Arsenal not ruled out for Blackpool's loan star Dan Ballard amid growing interest from Championship clubs
A permanent move away from Arsenal for Blackpool's loan star Dan Ballard hasn't been ruled out.

Permanent exit from Arsenal not ruled out for Blackpool's loan star Dan Ballard amid growing interest from Championship clubs
A permanent move away from Arsenal for Blackpool's loan star Dan Ballard hasn't been ruled out.

What would he be worth? £2m?

Blackpool FC badge

Club News
Oliver Casey Joins Blackpool
1 Hour ago

Large

Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated defender Oliver Casey for an undisclosed fee from Premier League side Leeds United.
The 20-year-old will join the Seasiders on a three-year contract with an option for a further year from 1 July, after a highly successful start to his career within Leeds United’s Academy. Having progressed through various youth team levels, including with the U18’s when they were crowned Professional Development League North champions in 2018, Casey went on to represent the Leeds United first-team on three occasions.
The athletic centre-back made his debut for Marcelo Bielsa’s side in December 2019, coming on as a substitute in a Championship victory over Huddersfield Town, before making two further appearances for the Whites last season. Casey also came up against Blackpool in the Seasiders’ victory over Leeds United U23’s in the Papa John’s Trophy last season.

On signing for Blackpool, Casey said:
“I’m really excited to get started. Once I knew of Blackpool’s interest, I was really keen to get this done.
“I’ve been at Leeds for ten years, but I feel now is the right time to move on and make the next step in my career. Leeds have given me a good platform to build on, and what better place to join them from than Blackpool.
“This is such a big Club, and to play in the Championship with Blackpool is something I’m really looking forward to.”
Neil Critchley said:
“Olly is a defender with a very good pedigree and is someone we feel will bring real competition to the squad.
“At just 20 years of age, he is a player who has his best years ahead of him. He has had a great education and upbringing at Leeds United, and is someone who we feel will fit in well within the environment we are building here.
“We are looking forward to working with him and helping him develop his game further over the coming years.
My Dirty Leeds mates rate him - a good signing it seems.

I don't know how much TV money is worth in the Championship but he could be a great investment.

Rumour on Avftt that we have signed 23 year old defender Callum Connolly, who has been released by Everton. He played at Fleetwood last season and has previously played 60 games in the championship on loan. Can play across the whole back four and in midfield. Chips in with a few goals as well

Rumour on Avftt that we have signed 23 year old defender Callum Connolly, who has been released by Everton. He played at Fleetwood last season and has previously played 60 games in the championship on loan. Can play across the whole back four and in midfield. Chips in with a few goals as well
Sounds like a decent punt.

Think someone's been a bit creative on his Wikipedia page; from memory from his loan at Lincoln he can play defensive mid, centre half and at a push right back.

Championship new boys Blackpool are alongside Lincoln City and Salford City in the chase for defender Tennai Watson, Football League World reports.
Blackpool are preparing for life in the Championship after their play-off victory over Lincoln City.

Neil Critchley has already added five new faces to his ranks. Oliver Casey, Josh Bowler, Daniel Grimshaw, Reece James and Shayne Lavery have all completed moves to Bloomfield Road ahead of next season.
Now, it has been claimed that the Tangerines are eyeing up a summer swoop for out of contract defender Tennai Watson.