Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 10 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Ipshit Among Clubs Linked With King's Lynn Midfielder

Town, Luton and Blackpool are reportedly battling for to sign King’s Lynn midfielder Sonny Carey.

According to The Sun, the trio are want to sign the 20-year-old with a £100,000 offer said to be enough to secure his services.
Plenty of other clubs, including AFC Bournemouth, are also claimed to have run the rule over Carey, who has a year left on his contract, during 2020/21. Bolton Wanderers and Swansea have previously been linked.
The Eastern Daily Press report that the Hatters have already had a £100,000 bid turned down and the Tangerines have a similar bid still on the table.
Carey, who plays on the right or in the centre, started his career with hometown club Norwich’s academy and joined the National League Linnets two years ago from Wroxham.
Having featured largely from the last season he became a regular in 2020/21, making 30 starts and 12 sub appearances, scoring five goals, including the winner in their FA Cup first-round victory at Port Vale in November.

Gone pretty quiet on the signing front. Hopefully some movement next week as contracts come to an end and players return from holidays

Gone pretty quiet on the signing front. Hopefully some movement next week as contracts come to an end and players return from holidays

Very different summer for us than normal though isn't it - normally we are trying to piece the entirety of a squad together, mainly with free agents which are done earlier in the window. That's not the situation for us, where for the first time in a few years we've already got a squad that only needs some tinkering.

I feel like we've probably got that freebie phase mostly out of the way, and most of the remaining business will be fees and loans which will need most people back from their holidays.

Birmingham City, Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers, Barnsley and Derby County are all ‘showing an interest’ in Motherwell and Scotland full-back Stephen O’Donnell, reports Mail Online.
O’Donnell, 29, starred in Scotland’s 0-0 draw v England on Friday night.

The Motherwell right-back was one of many names to stand out at Wembley as Steve Clarke’s side gained a credible point into their Euro 2020 group.
Now, Mail Online report that a host of Championship clubs are showing an interest in O’Donnell including all of Birmingham City, Blackpool, Blackburn Rovers, Barnsley and Derby County, with ‘the fee understood to be relatively modest’.

1324271506.jpg

O’Donnell has only been with Motherwell for one season after spending three at Kilmarnock previously. Before that though he was with Luton Town for two seasons where he racked up 61 league appearances, and so he’s got some experience of the English game.
His performance at Wembley on Friday night though was a hugely memorable one on what was a likewise night for Scotland fans, who might have been left disappointed at not claiming the win over Gareth Southgate’s England side.
For all the linked clubs, O’Donnell would be a keen addition. Give his performances so far in this tournament though, Motherwell might well be rubbing their hands at the thought of his price tag sky-rocketing despite Mail Online’s claim that the price would be ‘modest’.

A bidding war could soon commence given the amount of Championship clubs involved but should he put in another couple of good performances then it wouldn’t be surprising at all to see him seal a summer move.

Last edited:
Leeds United starlet Oliver Casey is set to complete a move to Blackpool imminently, the Yorkshire Evening Post has claimed.
Leeds United look set to offload the young defender, bringing an end to his long-term affiliation with the club to an end.

Casey has been heavily linked with a move away from Elland Road. Championship new boys Blackpool have shown interest in securing his signature ahead of their return to the second tier.
Now, a fresh update has emerged, revealing a move could be imminent.

1314334897.jpg

According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, Casey will complete a move to the Tangerines imminently.
A move to Bloomfield Road is set to be finalised soon. The 20-year-old is currently quarantining after his holiday, but the move is set to be finalised once that has come to an end.
The Leeds-born centre-back has spent much of his time with the Whites playing for their youth sides. He leaves having played three times for the club’s senior team, also notching up 23 appearances for their U23s.

With a deal seemingly on the way, fans will be awaiting confirmation.

1320847561.jpg
Catherine Ivill/Getty Images Sport
Should Casey complete a move to Blackpool, he will become Neil Critchley’s fourth signing of the summer transfer window.
So far, Josh Bowler, Daniel Grimshaw, Reece James and Shayne Lavery have all joined Critchley’s squad on free transfers. The Tangerines will be hoping more follow with Championship football beckoning.

Last edited:
Out of the 6 players offered new contracts only Madine as a senior player left to commit.

New contracts offered to:
Cameron Antwi
James Husband
Luke Garbutt
Gary Madine
Stuart Moore
Nathan Shaw

Out of the 6 players offered new contracts only Madine as a senior player left to commit.

New contracts offered to:
Cameron Antwi
James Husband
Luke Garbutt
Gary Madine
Stuart Moore
Nathan Shaw

He was also the least likely to stay I reckon. I could see someone cash strapped in the championship chucking around some wages that I don't think we'd match (Derby?)

Blackpool FC badge

Club News
Oliver Casey Joins Blackpool
1 Hour ago

Large

Blackpool Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of highly-rated defender Oliver Casey for an undisclosed fee from Premier League side Leeds United.
The 20-year-old will join the Seasiders on a three-year contract with an option for a further year from 1 July, after a highly successful start to his career within Leeds United’s Academy. Having progressed through various youth team levels, including with the U18’s when they were crowned Professional Development League North champions in 2018, Casey went on to represent the Leeds United first-team on three occasions.
The athletic centre-back made his debut for Marcelo Bielsa’s side in December 2019, coming on as a substitute in a Championship victory over Huddersfield Town, before making two further appearances for the Whites last season. Casey also came up against Blackpool in the Seasiders’ victory over Leeds United U23’s in the Papa John’s Trophy last season.

On signing for Blackpool, Casey said:
“I’m really excited to get started. Once I knew of Blackpool’s interest, I was really keen to get this done.
“I’ve been at Leeds for ten years, but I feel now is the right time to move on and make the next step in my career. Leeds have given me a good platform to build on, and what better place to join them from than Blackpool.
“This is such a big Club, and to play in the Championship with Blackpool is something I’m really looking forward to.”
Neil Critchley said:
“Olly is a defender with a very good pedigree and is someone we feel will bring real competition to the squad.
“At just 20 years of age, he is a player who has his best years ahead of him. He has had a great education and upbringing at Leeds United, and is someone who we feel will fit in well within the environment we are building here.
“We are looking forward to working with him and helping him develop his game further over the coming years.