Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 8 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

I take it that was a tad Sarcastic so far as Rotherham is concerned.
Not at all. Completely genuine. The lower in the league structure the harder it is to make a living to sustain your family in a short career. It's not just these Rotherham players it's families trying to make a living in all walks of life.

They need to learn to get on with it like the rest of us….A lot of top footballers who got paid not much more than a trades man played for their country for less than £20 per week…… Johnson had a paper shop Finney returned to Plumbing and so on..

They need to learn to get on with it like the rest of us….A lot of top footballers who got paid not much more than a trades man played for their country for less than £20 per week…… Johnson had a paper shop Finney returned to Plumbing and so on..

Don't forget to mention we had the biggest empire the world has ever seen.

Rovers reported to be interested in bidding for Yates

Rumours that Armstrong is off, figures of £15m being banded around but I think that's optimistic for them given I think he's only got a year left on his contract.

If he goes for £8-10m, I could see a £4m bid coming in.

Why sell we want to make a success of the Championship not a one season flop,plus keeping our best players also helps to keep the management team success breeds success in my book…We need to stop thinking little Blackpool and be able to compete with and beat the best,

Why sell we want to make a success of the Championship not a one season flop,plus keeping our best players also helps to keep the management team success breeds success in my book…We need to stop thinking little Blackpool and be able to compete with and beat the best,
I think we need to move past thinking that selling out players for massive profits makes us “little Blackpool”. It’s an entirely sensible business model that all but the top 5-10 clubs in the world employ.

Yates was standout last season in league one, but do I think he’ll ever be better than decent to good Championship standard? Probably not.

if we got offered anywhere near the region of £5m for a player we signed for £200k a year ago, we’d be daft to turn that down in my view. Think what Critch could do with that money.

I agree with all that. Money is tight and many many clubs are struggling I was thinking anything over £4m we could make some very astute signings for fees or frees and pay the wages necessary

Do not believe selling to a competitor is overly wise it could come back to bite us…
That's a completely different argument to your previous one. What do you deem as competitor? Anyone in the Championship - or only those that we may be in a relegation battle with?

End of the day it's going to come down to Critchley and the Recruitment teams view of Yates - if they think that this summer is a "sell high" point for him, then we should sell if a suitable bid is made.

If they think there's a decent chance he's going to end up with 15+ goals this season, then obviously you'd keep hold because he'll be worth even more.

I think he's a very, very good league one player. I think he'll be a decent Championship striker who will end up with 10-12 goals a season - but he may surprise me. I hope he does.

and OO wouldn't pay it

Well, we all knew except him. The rest is history.
I'm not saying he's another Vardy type but I think Yates is exceptional and he's easily capable of playing at a high level.
It makes absolutely no sense to sell him, just to replace him with most likely a lesser talent. How's that progress ? Lets wait until he's ready to leave instead of pushing him out of the door for money gain. Onwards and upwards.