Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Page 9 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Twitter rumour that Madine is off to Derby. If true, that would mean we need 2 more strikers.
What happened to that Josh Bowler we were supposed to be signing? Derby were interested in him as well

Well, we all knew except him. The rest is history.
I'm not saying he's another Vardy type but I think Yates is exceptional and he's easily capable of playing at a high level.
It makes absolutely no sense to sell him, just to replace him with most likely a lesser talent. How's that progress ? Lets wait until he's ready to leave instead of pushing him out of the door for money gain. Onwards and upwards.
When I saw Vardy play for Fleetwood against us I was not impressed shows how Wrong I was !

I just don't want to end up being a 'selling club's. We've been through that before and we're better than that now. I understand the economics behind it, especially with what Covid19 has put all clubs through, but don't just follow the dollar Simon - we know you're a better man than others that have gone before...

LEEDS UNITED PLAYER’S EFL MOVE REMAINS ON COURSE

Blackpool remain likely to sign Oliver Casey from Leeds United despite a lack of developments over the course of the last week.

It emerged last week that Casey was set for a move to Blackpool, but things haven’t accelerated and Neil Critchley is still awaiting the proposed transfer getting the green-light as we approach the end of June.
However, a report from the Yorkshire Evening Post this week has confirmed that Leeds are looking at Leo Hjelde to bolster their options in the under-23s’ defence, given the fact that Casey is still likely to be moving on to Blackpool in a permanent deal.

Casey, 20, has struggled for senior opportunities at Leeds over the course of the last 12 months. He’s excelled in the under-23s alongside Charlie Cresswell in the heart of defence, but Marcelo Bielsa’s pool of senior centre-backs have limited appearances.
He’s featured in the FA Cup and League Cup, on the back of his debut in the Championship against Huddersfield Town.

Blackpool, meanwhile, won promotion back into the Championship last season under Critchley, beating Lincoln City in the play-off final at Wembley.
Critchley has the task of evolving his squad ahead of that return to the second-tier, with a centre-back on his radar.
The Verdict

Given the fact that Casey has been abroad, it’s hard to imagine that things could have progressed much further at this stage.

He’s going to have to have a medical when he returns, whilst there will be personal terms to iron out as well.
Despite all that, it doesn’t feel or seem like there is going to be any major hurdle to overcome for Blackpool in getting this deal done.

Leeds are unlikely to stand in the way of the young defender, providing Blackpool meet all their terms

I just don't want to end up being a 'selling club's. We've been through that before and we're better than that now. I understand the economics behind it, especially with what Covid19 has put all clubs through, but don't just follow the dollar Simon - we know you're a better man than others that have gone before...

I have to ask, are Blackburn and Forest better clubs than us and do they not have to balance their books either ? The answer is no, we're all in the Championship.
I totally agree with you Bob, those days are over. Its difficult for some not to think of us as "Little Blackpool", but we should be getting out of this diseased selling mentality, the sooner the better.

If a Premiership club in with a 10 million offer and a sell on clause, we sell. Simples. Sell to another Championship club? No way.

When I saw Vardy play for Fleetwood against us I was not impressed shows how Wrong I was !

As we know he's always good for latching on to that ball out of defence, has had the right service at Leicester but did it less with the Cods. That type of player but didn't shine for his Country because of this.

If a Premiership club in with a 10 million offer and a sell on clause, we sell. Simples. Sell to another Championship club? No way.

I agree and If he maintains his form, its likely he could attract a Premiership side. It should be down to him and whether he's ripe enough when or if the time comes.

I am sorry to see him leave, he had very little recognition for his efforts.
Having said that, I hope he's not missed too much.

I'm also sorry to see him leave.

Little recognition for his efforts though? People across here (and AVFTT!) have said he's more important than Critchley at points! Probably the most talked about assistant in league one!

Odd that he's gone for another assistant role though, does he live near Northampton?

I'm also sorry to see him leave.

Little recognition for his efforts though? People across here (and AVFTT!) have said he's more important than Critchley at points! Probably the most talked about assistant in league one!

Odd that he's gone for another assistant role though, does he live near Northampton?
Must admit, I've no idea how good he is/was at his job. I'll defer to those who know. But, like you said, if he is that good, why only a 2IC for a Divvy 2 club? didn't anyone want him as a manager?

Tranmere have signed Blackpool midfielder Liam Feeney on a one-year deal.
The 35-year-old spent last season on loan with Rovers and will join the club as a free agent on 1 July after not being offered a new deal by the Seasiders.
He scored three goals in 47 appearances for Tranmere in 2020-21.
"I wanted to come back to make sure we finish the job off next season and win promotion

Our fortunes certainly changed with the arrival of Calderwood. Good luck in whatever you do mate.....but, Northampton? Seriously?