Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 103 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Adding to the squad a-la January transfer window (though we could get him now) for the promotion push, if they think he's the one to add something

How much say does the player get in the matter of recall? From what I have heard,, Shay would much rather be here than Bradford....

How much say does the player get in the matter of recall? From what I have heard,, Shay would much rather be here than Bradford....

Well the current Bradford manager hasn't met him yet. Maybe it was the old regime he didn't like so much.

Also he has to abide by his contract there otherwise it gets very messy with breaches and not playing anywhere.

If Bradford recall him in January he will have to go back. Obviously this may then allow for a further deal where we probably end up paying more of his wages ( assuming that at present we only pay a percentage)

Rumour going round the ground last night wilson / wharton both gone in january & waterfall back on loan anybody else heard this?

I was really disappointed with Wharton last night, not just the mistake, no. 23 caused him no end of problems and it was a marked contrast from Carlisle away last year, do we think it’s a lack of game time?
I thought Wilson played well when he came on but we miss Shackell!!!!!

I was really disappointed with Wharton last night, not just the mistake, no. 23 caused him no end of problems and it was a marked contrast from Carlisle away last year, do we think it’s a lack of game time?
Wilson does ok filling in at right back, but it's clearly not his position. He lacks that drive forwards that Eardley, and most genuine modern full backs give you.

Does anyone know the definite rules about recalling a player who came on a season long loan? I thought the whole point was that they couldn't be recalled during that period unless there was a specific clause to allow an exit. If that's the case then it's not really a guaranteed season long loan. All a bit confusing. Can anyone help with more knowledge of how it works?

Rumour going round the ground last night wilson / wharton both gone in january & waterfall back on loan anybody else heard this?

Waterfall has been an almost ever present in an improving Shrewsbury team and scored last night. Sounds like a one person talking in the bar kind of rumour

Does anyone know the definite rules about recalling a player who came on a season long loan? I thought the whole point was that they couldn't be recalled during that period unless there was a specific clause to allow an exit. If that's the case then it's not really a guaranteed season long loan. All a bit confusing. Can anyone help with more knowledge of how it works?
You've answered your own question, really.

They'll often be a recall clause in there so there's still an element of control for the parent club, particularly if said player might still be in their plans.

The odd loan will have a recall clause that must be triggered between, or by a specific, date(s) in the January window.

TBH I thought all season long loans could be recalled but only during the Jan transfer window unless a clause says it can't be (presumably with a fee paid).

I.e. By default it can be recalled rather than needing a clause to say it can be.

Young player, ups and downs in form definitely to be expected. See also: Harry Anderson

Wharton had a bit of a wobble when he first came in last season (Crawley away being his final game before sitting out a handful?) but came back stronger.

Wharton for me is a good young player who is just going through a period where he seems to be lacking confidence. Wilson does ok at right back as he showed at Macc away and again last night but he isnt Eardley. Where McCartan is concerned, I'm sure I heard he was here with an option for us to buy him in January.

McCarten 100% has a January recall clause, I remember reading it when we signed him. Looks inevitable he will go back considering Bradford’s league position and the new manager probably wanting to have a look at him

Can't afford to lose anyone all required right now and for the rest of the season they will play their part at some point this season.
Need a few more options right now not less IMHO.

According to a couple of articles we are interested in along with Charlton and Bristol Rovers for Dundalk player Robbie Benson. I actually believe he is out of contract middle of this month.