Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 42 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Anyone seen much of O'Connor recently (allowing for injury last year) and if so would he simply be a holding play maker or can he still be a ball carrier as well?

O’Connor to sign in the next couple of days? Notts have said bye and were Grimsby ever a serious option?

Mr Hardy you better get out of football if you are searching for loyalty.

How`s the bank balance doing at County, if you are in this game for long enough buying £150k strikers in div 4 then you are welcome to it and the poverty of the end point.........is just around the corner.(ask Trew)!

the good news is that hardy's apparent bitterness seems to demonstrate that they really did want to keep him. and weren't just pretending to offer him better deals to increase his bargaining power with a.n.other club. i like o'connor much more knowing he wasn't involved in that.

unless hardy's tweet is all part of the elaborate triple bluff

I wonder whether the initial reported 40% pay cut showed much loyalty. You can't throw that word around after that. Works both ways.
And taking into account he took a 40% pay cut to join them from Vale a couple of years ago.

Offering him a 40% pay cut, then a 25% one is quite a big jump and suggests it was initially a token offer. That's probably how he felt about it, especially as they then went back in with a third offer, too.

Not heard too much about Vickers whether he is fit or not. So good idea to bring in a Keeper on that assumption alone

Pretty sure it was reported that Vickers could have played in the play-off games but understandably kept with Allsop so he will be fit. However with due respect to Walton, who I don't think has signed the offered contract as of yet, proper competition for the keepers jersey is needed and Smith fills this requirement