Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 38 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

you sound surprised/disappointed.
as an experiment: pick a random player [that is vaguely believable as a target], and see if @exagent starts tweeting about him signing for us in the next couple of days. ))
Sometimes it sounds like people on here know/are people within the club and rumours might be more. I guessed most was just repeating internet or discussions with friends who have heard something because that’s all I do.

Colchester media saying Mikael Mandron is staying with them for another season - after he has turned down a chance to leave, seemingly for Peterborough.

One more of the rumours/names/links to cross off our list.

Like Whitehouse, can't blame the lad really as he needs regular first-team football and he's not going to get it while Eardley's still here. He's done okay in his two years, but if anything he looked better in the National League-winning season. I know he's had to play second fiddle to Wood and Eardley, but it's rather surprising he's only made 25 league starts, seemed more than that. I suppose the writing on the wall for him was when Wilson was selected over him for the right-back berth when Eardley was out. That must have hurt.

Whilst we wait for actual stuff I was looking at released premier league youngsters who could be signed, what do people think of the following:
-Bailly Cargill (Left footed CB from Bournemouth, mentioned before)
-Chris Long (ST from Burnley, played for Northampton last season and seems a bit of a Cowley type player on past stats.)
-Jordan Houghton (DM from Chelsea, a few loans around our level)
-Isaac Christie Davies (AM/WG from Chelsea)
-Mich'el Parker (CB from Liverpool, no idea about him but I once signed him on football manager and he was a beast)
-Devonte Redmond (WG from Man Utd, loan at Scunthorpe last season)
-Curtis Good (CB from Newcastle, used to be well rated but injuries recently. Probably expensive)
-Ryan Loft (ST from Spurs, couldn'tget into Exeter team last season but worked with Cowley's before at Braintree)
-David Sesay (RB from Watford, if Long goes?)
-Gareth McAuley (Do I really have to write an intro? Might go for a player coach role, like McCombe)

Yes, I'm really bored right now.

Whilst we wait for actual stuff I was looking at released premier league youngsters who could be signed, what do people think of the following:
-Chris Long (ST from Burnley, played for Northampton last season and seems a bit of a Cowley type player on past stats.)
-Mich'el Parker (CB from Liverpool, no idea about him but I once signed him on football manager and he was a beast)
-Curtis Good (CB from Newcastle, used to be well rated but injuries recently. Probably expensive)
-Ryan Loft (ST from Spurs, couldn'tget into Exeter team last season but worked with Cowley's before at Braintree)
-Gareth McAuley (Do I really have to write an intro? Might go for a player coach role, like McCombe)
Yes, I'm really bored right now.
I read the other day that Gareth MacAuley was a target of Steven Gerrard for Rangers

Good old Clive responding i would imagine to lots of messages about no signings and seeing the squad diminish!
You would hope there is lots happening behind the scenes and you would hope there is 4/5 happening in a short space of time or we will have a very small squad!

You'd think at some point we'd just learn to trust Danny, Nicky and the club to get on with it and do the best they can for the club??

Never heard of any of them, McAuley excepted. Impossible to judge any of them on that basis, but they are probably destined for the National League and below like the majority of players dropping out of Premier League academies. I certainly wasn't overly impressed by that lot at Chelsea, and they were supposed to be the elite.

Never heard of any of them, McAuley excepted. Impossible to judge any of them on that basis, but they are probably destined for the National League and below like the majority of players dropping out of Premier League academies. I certainly wasn't overly impressed by that lot at Chelsea, and they were supposed to be the elite.
Their best player was Amapadu who they signed from Exeter!

You'd think at some point we'd just learn to trust Danny, Nicky and the club to get on with it and do the best they can for the club??

Entirely happy to do that. But I'll still air concerns as and when they may occur to me. Not that anybody cares what I think, and rightly so!

I never doubted we'd make signings. But I will still be interested to see the final size of our squad when the loan window closes at the end of August. No judgement can be made until then, of course.

Not a rumour (this is supposed to be fact) or even associated to LCFC, but I heard the other day that Fabrizio Ravanelli had applied for the vacant Donny Rovers job. No, seriously.