Summer Transfer Rumours | Page 36 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumours

Im sure the wheels are in motion to bring in certain players . There has to be benefits to all parties budget. location family etc. We can all say who we want. but we are all good sat in a armchair or behind a keyboard . Would be a interesting scenario if we could see the view from the other side. Lincoln on the back of two good years obviously are on a good roll and in a better state then we were . Changing the pay structure and paying excessive wages would in my opinion throw everything out the window that management have worked to achieve. Whilst we all want success every year be realistic there are 92 other league clubs and many more in the tiers below wanting the same. Its a fine balance getting the economics right as well as success on the field . We are very lucky to have Dc and Nc who dont waste money. Be careful what we wish for evans cooper etc show the other side of management .

"...there are 92 other league clubs..." What happened, did they also promote Boreham Wood or were Barnet saved?
(Pedantry flourishes in my world cup free household)

Although I have every faith in DC & NC to do what is right for the club regarding any potential deals, I am still a little concerned about the amount of players that have left. Having said that only Woodyard had the quality IMHO to make it in the leagues above, the others were more of squad players. So the unity of the 1st eleven is not too greatly disrupted. As eluded to on previous posts, we need to get the balance right, we need to keep everybody happy -even when they are not getting starts and games.
We don't need players who think they are much better than they are, and give it the big I AM. I trust DC & NC to bring in the right players for the TEAM, that can do a job for the TEAM, and still have individual creativity and ability to produce the goods themselves. A team that has 3 or 4 players scoring 15-20 goals a season is far better balanced than a team which has one player scoring 30. Lose that player and the goals dry up.
YES I am concerned at the assumed lack of activity. YES I am worried we will yet again have a too smaller squad with an aging front line that can't compete. But I trust in our management team to bring in the new GK, Left Back, CD X2, defensive midfielder, and 2 forwards/striker that will make our squad complete. Oh hang on 7 (SEVEN!) players now I am really worried.

I'm not sure why people are worried, tbh. Do we really think that deals aren't lined up?

The likes of JMD, Ginnelly and Palmer last season were all on the cards way before they were announced. If you cast your mind back to Ginnelly, he said his deal was all done and dusted in May, but wasn't announced until end of June.

Good news about O'Connor turning Grimsby down, bad news that Notts look like they may well still keep him. He would be a very decent player to have here.

A team that has 3 or 4 players scoring 15-20 goals a season is far better balanced than a team which has one player scoring 30.

YES I am concerned at the assumed lack of activity.

3 or 4 players scoring 15-20 goals a season? Good grief, you don't want much, do you?

Secondly, who is assuming there is a lack of activity? That is the last thing I would assume.

3 or 4 players scoring 15-20 goals a season? Good grief, you don't want much, do you?

Secondly, who is assuming there is a lack of activity? That is the last thing I would assume.

Agreed! I’m willing to bet there is a constant stream of activity! DC will have this totally under control like he has from day dot! We just need to be patient! UTI

One poster says Danny should 'get his finger out' and start signing players. Another assumes there is a lack of activity.

Have some of you not been watching for the last two years? If there is a manager anywhere (and assistant manager) who works the hours he does, I would be very surprised. Do you really believe he isn't all over this?

I am certain DC has been putting the hours in searching for replacements and we may well already have some unannounced ones here.

I am certain DC has been putting the hours in searching for replacements and we may well already have some unannounced ones here.
I very much doubt he was off his phone when on holiday either! I can confirm he goes off to work very early in the morning and dosent get back till after 10pm most days when he is up here as i see his car drive past my house!

Wonder if they've matched what we've offered him or a smaller reduction in wages?
County struggling to get the midfielders they want and have reverted back to O'Connor?

Can’t believe the concern over the lack of activity...Danny is clearly keeping tight lipped on what’s gone on so far. Probably because discussing activity in other windows didn’t exactly do us any favours. Unless we’re in the dark in mid July with 14 players contracted then enjoy the World Cup and calm down!

County struggling to get the midfielders they want and have reverted back to O'Connor?

Alan Hardy posted an amusing tweet a few days ago in response to a fan who asked him whether they would be signing another central midfielder; Hardy listed the six they already have on the books and asked, 'how many do you want?'

They have actually signed three midfielders already - Andy Kellett (Wigan), Tom Crawford (Chester) and Will Patching (Manchester City). I wonder whether they signed those three believing O'Connor was about to leave?

Interesting read in one of the sunday papers! Hurst at Ipswich has to Sell players before going back to shrewsbury for nolan and nsiala!
I wonder if one buy for us could be the winger( i have forgotten his name!)we had on loan from Ipswich!

Knew they had got Kellet, don't know about the others.
Indeed it does seem odd they up their offer after signing a few and looking like they weren't keen on keeping him.
Doubt we'll get in a bidding war not Danny's style.
Could be like when Freck signed appears to be done and dusted someone tries to throw a spanner in the works but he signs for us anyway.