Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 81 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

On the ifollow extended highlights Akinde's contribution is holding off defenders to bring down and lay off a difficult high ball which led to Connolly shooting over the bar - cant recall Hutchinson doing that.

The level of vitriol aimed at Big John this season seems to be worse than last, and unjustified- hes not a finisher like Walker but his contribution remains huge - just ask the Everton CBs on Wednesday.

We'd be poorer without him.

Palmer, Rhead, Green, Marriott, etc... All strikers not starting tend to leave fairly quickly.

On the ifollow extended highlights Akinde's contribution is holding off defenders to bring down and lay off a difficult high ball which led to Connolly shooting over the bar - cant recall Hutchinson doing that.

The level of vitriol aimed at Big John this season seems to be worse than last, and unjustified- hes not a finisher like Walker but his contribution remains huge - just ask the Everton CBs on Wednesday.

We'd be poorer without him.

I like John but there’s no way we’d be poorer without him. He wouldn’t be allowed to leave if we were.

I like John but there’s no way we’d be poorer without him. He wouldn’t be allowed to leave if we were.
Like I said ball in his court and a young Everton forward lined up if decides to go.
Just listened to connolly's interview been here since Monday.

Blimey.......chasing after one of theirs in injury time to make a sliding tackle for a throw in allowing us to re-group is not giving a shit???
He could score a double hat trick and some wouldn't be happy
That's it in a nutshell, the moment the club announced he was our record signing if didn't score a hatful every game despite what else does he's utter shite.
Saw him do that too, great work ethic and he'd done it before after he came on.

Blimey.......chasing after one of theirs in injury time to make a sliding tackle for a throw in allowing us to re-group is not giving a shit???
He could score a double hat trick and some wouldn't be happy
Don't see us getting 6 pens in a game.

Joking aside, he does alright for us. I'd be amazed if he was allowed to leave.

I have been critical of JA, but constructively. I would never resort to just outright insult like some have. That approach doesn't do anyone any favours, let alone Big John. There is no doubt he contributes massively to the team effort and does a job. I have said there are aspects of his game that don't impress me, but he is part of the squad and deserves our support when he's playing. Wednesday and yesterday showed what he can do for the team.

Don't see us getting 6 pens in a game.

Joking aside, he does alright for us. I'd be amazed if he was allowed to leave.

I'd be surprised as well as it would put a lot of pressure on Walker as our sole 'experienced' striker and all forwards go through periods of not scoring. Akinde is a great option to have

I certainly think we'll be poorer without him. We're going to struggle to get someone in as good as Akinde to come off the bench. We're now very spoilt to have a striker with the quality of Walker and I don't know if people are comparing them when they are very different strikers. I actually think we already need one more striker as it stands.

Akinde out on loan to Salford with a loan player from Everton to replace him but only if Akinde leaves and it's his choice, the club are happy for him to stay.

And tomorrow will be nice weather day, sunny all day unless of course it rains although that would be nice weather for the ducks anyway.

That rumour has certainly got all eventualities covered.

I can’t see us getting anyone in with what Akinde offers tbh, especially if it’s a young kid from higher up the chain with little experience. Danny says he doesn’t anticipate anyone leaving as we already have a small squad, so unless this is all smoke and mirrors it would be a surprise to see anyone leave.

I don’t have any knowledge at all but taking the 2 main rumours - Akinde out on loan and Andrade interesting Portsmouth, could Hawkins form part of that deal to replace Akinde if he moves? Is Hawkins injured - he doesn’t seem to be featuring at the moment.

Akinde out on loan to Salford with a loan player from Everton to replace him but only if Akinde leaves and it's his choice, the club are happy for him to stay.
Andrade still interesting Portsmouth.
Salford interest in Akinde is very much there. My understanding is Salford want to sign him, but we are only prepared to allow him to go on loan.... and of course on the understanding we can get a suitable replacement in.

Not sure Andrade is going anywhere.

Salford interest in Akinde is very much there. My understanding is Salford want to sign him, but we are only prepared to allow him to go on loan.... and of course on the understanding we can get a suitable replacement in.

Salford have let a striker go out on loan for the season.

Balderdash. We don't loan first team players. We sell them. He has two years left on his contract, and if we send him on loan for a year his value will fall significantly. Plus if we are looking at the championship as a possibility, do you think him coming back having played little part this season is something we'd agree to?

Balderdash. We don't loan first team players. We sell them. He has two years left on his contract, and if we send him on loan for a year his value will fall significantly. Plus if we are looking at the championship as a possibility, do you think him coming back having played little part this season is something we'd agree to?

Although he could still play for us in the checkatrade couldn’t he if loaned? That could be a factor if so.

Danny says he doesn’t anticipate anyone leaving as we already have a small squad, so unless this is all smoke and mirrors it would be a surprise to see anyone leave.
I'm not so sure we do have a small squad anymore - we have 23 at present, which is already three more than Danny said he would have. Once the window closes tomorrow, I'll tot up how many each L1 club has and see where we stand comparatively. Gareth Ainsworth called us 'big spenders' in his post-match interview yesterday, which was interesting.