Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 82 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

I'm not so sure we do have a small squad anymore - we have 23 at present, which is already three more than Danny said he would have. Once the window closes tomorrow, I'll tot up how many each L1 club has and see where we stand comparatively. Gareth Ainsworth called us 'big spenders' in his post-match interview yesterday, which was interesting.
Well compared to them we are, the have a very small budget, in fact I'm sure it was reduced over the summer.

As could the fact that if anything did happen to Walker we have the ability to recall him.

Which again makes a loan even more unlikely. It is suggested that Salford would cover the whole of his wages. Under those circs they would insist on a no recall clause to be inserted.
A loan is not happening and a sale would only be for stupid money both in terms of fee and wages for John to consider it.

Which again makes a loan even more unlikely. It is suggested that Salford would cover the whole of his wages. Under those circs they would insist on a no recall clause to be inserted.
A loan is not happening and a sale would only be for stupid money both in terms of fee and wages for John to consider it.

The two sticking points when we tried to sign him were giving him contract security and convincing him to move his family from London. I doubt a short term loan on the other side of the Pennines is something that would excite him.

The two sticking points when we tried to sign him were giving him contract security and convincing him to move his family from London. I doubt a short term loan on the other side of the Pennines is something that would excite him.

I take your point on location but a loan move isn't going to affect his contract security.

I can see the logic in loaning him out if they pay 100% of his wages plus a loan fee. This could enable us to bring in 2 or maybe 3 quality loanees if we can persuade clubs to loan to us for 'football reasons'.

An Akinde sale would, you'd imagine, free up enough for a couple of players and perhaps a bit left over. A loan would free up enough for a couple of players.

If he does go, DC would probably want someone who's more in the target man role with the same mobility. Hawkins was mentioned in this thread and he's that type of player. Likewise Keifer Moore at Wigan(?) and probably one or two others whose names escape me.

I reckon the only way Akinde would leave would be permanently but would he want to move further away from London for the second time in a year?
But many think he's easily replaced and we won't miss him.
Relying on two loan strikers is very risky imho, we would need one permanent striker and I can't see with less than one day of the transfer window left.

Big John is nicely settled in near Grantham,40 minutes south of Lincoln(more like 25 mins in his BMW.)
He has already cleaned out the moat and fitted new chains to the drawbridge in his new gaff and has got plans to get the turrets repaired and repointed...........he is going nowhere.
This rumour possibly emanates from the group of fans who may not appreciate his contributions.
in my book it`s horsesh1t.

Surely a lot will depend on Akinde himself. No player can ever be happy sitting on the bench every week. He must know himself that unless Walker suffers a loss in form or is injured then Walker will quite rightly be selected ahead of him.
In the circumstances he may well be looking for a move himself. One thing for sure if he is leaving we can guarantee that Danny will have a replacement lined up for him.
In any case we will all know by tomorrow night if these are baseless rumours or not.

I think it will only be done on financial grounds, i.e. if we can get Salford to cover his substantial wages we would get 2 or 3 cheaper loan players in