Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 73 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Deadline on Thursday night, and it'll be a very quiet one I suspect! Unusual position for us to be in, with having the vast, vast majority of our work done in in early August.

Adelakun the obvious outgoing at some point next week. I don't think they'd be any complaints if we didn't sign anyone else, we could perhaps do with a wide player (an argument for in either the Hackett or Mandroiu mould).

Deadline on Thursday night, and it'll be a very quiet one I suspect! Unusual position for us to be in, with having the vast, vast majority of our work done in in early August.

Adelakun the obvious outgoing at some point next week. I don't think they'd be any complaints if we didn't sign anyone else, we could perhaps do with a wide player (an argument for in either the Hackett or Mandroiu mould).
*Friday night!

That may well be down to having more permanent signings this summer (6) and fewer loanees than usual (2). Parent clubs tend to avoid releasing their better players for loan until late in the window, preferring to complete their own squad building first. Making permanent signings puts us more in control.

Standard Liege pretty big side - averaged nearly 20k fans at home last season, not quite as high recently but won the league a decade ago.

Biggest outlay this season seems to be £1.3m or so for a Japanese midfielder from Wolves. Four signings 1m euros or just above season before.

The bad thing I guess - if they were interested, they could sign him on a pre-contract in January if his deal is up to June 2024 (I guess it could be June 2025 - I've not seen it confirmed?) - in a way that English teams couldn't and would have to wait until we get towards the summer. If that was the case and he wanted to go there... seems unlikely we'd be in a negotiating position for a huge fee knowing they could wait a few months...

What’s the situation now with signing players from other European countries? Are there any restrictions or is it open again?