Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 75 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Should we really except little?

I thing we are well set assuming we can hold onto those 19 players who are our core first team squad. A couple of injuries may scupper that but sometimes a slightly smaller squad is for the best. It's a risk worth taking I think rather than just bring in any old players as a squad filler just in case

I thing we are well set assuming we can hold onto those 19 players who are our core first team squad. A couple of injuries may scupper that but sometimes a slightly smaller squad is for the best. It's a risk worth taking I think rather than just bring in any old players as a squad filler just in case

A bit of a whoosh! moment there, Sedge (should be expect not except 😉).

Will be a nice and quiet day today I suspect, which is testament to our summer window as a whole. As bad as the 2021/22 window was, 2023/24 has been the opposite.

No final day moves needed to fill any first XI gaps, no need to pad the squad out with three or four player either. Just sitting and waiting in case an opportunity comes up to act on.

Hortin says deal for Adelakun falls through.

So it’s either pay him off or leave him to stagnate out of the squad whilst paying his wages. Sure he’s a nice bloke but what an awful signing.

Probably in a minority of one, but if we can’t get shot might as well use him, rather than completely isolate him which seems the football way.
i agree with you.
we don't have a squad the size of chelsea, or money to burn, to be able to leave any players unused. also lots of games between september 2 and january 2, a couple of injuries and we might need him. a bit of tlc / man-management required from the coaching team if adelakun stays imo.

Probably in a minority of one, but if we can’t get shot might as well use him, rather than completely isolate him which seems the football way.

Kind of agree, if we are paying him a wage and is still an Imp after today he should at least be given the option to be in the squad. It’s in everyone’s interest for him to get fit and in the squad whether he stays until the next window, or his contract runs out.

i agree with you.
we don't have a squad the size of chelsea, or money to burn, to be able to leave any players unused. also lots of games between september 2 and january 2, a couple of injuries and we might need him. a bit of tlc / man-management required from the coaching team if adelakun stays imo.
Non league window will be open.

One way or another I doubt he will be a Lincoln player next week, the club have probably already accounted for paying him off to get him off the books. It is probably the cheaper option for the club as well, even if they were to pay him his basic wage (there maybe other addons in his contract that the club will avoid) in full they wouldn't have to be paying National Insurance, possibly a Player Insurance policy, etc...
He and his agent will know what his pay-off will be, and this deal that has fallen through is going to be still there when he's a free-agent with a wedge of cash in his back pocket.
Plus, what do you want "Quantity or Quality?", because since going out on loan last season he hasn't shown that he's quality!

If I was a Scunny fan I would be hoping they'd break the bank for Adelakun to return there. He'd tear that league a new one.

Also a 28yr old on a loan from a team in the same division??
Can't see him being anything other than an emergency cover signing.
Unlikely

EDIT...I see he was on loan at Orient last season. Expect he'll be back there later tonight