Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 72 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Not really a wide player though and we are well stocked in the middle of midfield I would suggest. Jorge in a 2!!! Not happening
He played really well off the left for some of Appleton's time IMO, before he got pushed back due to Bridcutt being made of spaghetti.

I think in the 3-4-2-1 the 2 can be quite narrow so someone that can take the ball on the turn and play in a forward when we keep it on the deck could work quite well.

And him and Walker know each other well I think. Continuing the Forest link, not sure Mighten got fixed up anywhere yet either.

If and it is a big IF we are interested then I would say we stand a decent shout given he is best mates with Tyler Walker. Straight choice for him between two or three clubs then I would guess he would pick us.

Would I want him back however? No personally I wouldn't

Grant hasn't exactly set the world alight since he left us?
I'm not sure he really did before he signed for us either (albeit scored a lot at county in league two). The luton spell didn't work.

I think as a final option behind the striker I'd not be against it personally.

If Bishop had left during the summer, I would have welcomed Grant back.

But with Bishop showing some early signs that he may stay fit enough to contribute from the bench and maybe start the occasional game, I just don't know where Grant would fit in.

We already have Erhahon, Hamilton, Smith, Mandroiu, and Bishop.
I don't think we'd look to use him in CM if he signed anyway, he was moved there because of Bridcutt getting injured really. Under MA he had a good spell wide left in a 4-3-3 (post-Wimbledon!) and I imagine our current 3-4-3/5-2-3 would suit him drifting inside even more.

In those wider areas, we've currently got Mandroiu, Hackett and Duffy. Regardless of whether we place Bishop as a CM or in with the wider players, we'd still be one short in either one of those areas IMO.