Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 74 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

What’s the situation now with signing players from other European countries? Are there any restrictions or is it open again?

I suspect much harder for us to sign someone from say Belgium (or Holland again) work permit wise than it would be for a Belgian team to sign an Irish player, sadly...

Something was introduced during the current transfer window. Don’t know all the detail but I think L1 and L2 clubs can sign 2 international players per season who do not achieve the points threshold for a work permit.

Something was introduced during the current transfer window. Don’t know all the detail but I think L1 and L2 clubs can sign 2 international players per season who do not achieve the points threshold for a work permit.
Ah yeah good memory. Detail here:

"The additional access will allow clubs playing in the English league the ability to sign a number of players who do not meet the current points requirements. A maximum of four players will be available to Premier League and Championship teams, and two for League One and League Two teams. The number of players a club will be able to sign will be proportional to the number of English players they play. While each club will get at least two places for players in the first season, they will receive between zero and four depending on the number of English players playing in future seasons."

Ah yeah good memory. Detail here:

"The additional access will allow clubs playing in the English league the ability to sign a number of players who do not meet the current points requirements. A maximum of four players will be available to Premier League and Championship teams, and two for League One and League Two teams. The number of players a club will be able to sign will be proportional to the number of English players they play. While each club will get at least two places for players in the first season, they will receive between zero and four depending on the number of English players playing in future seasons."
Have to get a move on for this window. But it looks like the jan window is also a possibility to use this season’s 2 free wild card players.

for next season… Quick calculation based on Saturday’s game only… English qualifying players took up 25% of the minutes (that would mean we wouldn’t get any of these wild cards next season). Fortunately under this system, House and Burroughs - who have both played for Scotland u21s - still count as potential full England internationals when they signed for us… bringing our English player percentage up to 42% of minutes, and back into the zone of being able to have 2 wild cards for next season. Phew.
didn’t realise how close we were to the threshold, due to all the Irish, scottish, Danes, and Reeco now making up the squad. Uti.

Sheff United looking to send young Louie Marsh out on loan at the end of the window. As he is a very attacking player and definitely knows where the goals are for their under 21s, could we be the club where he goes? I imagine there would be a few clubs in for him, and potentially higher up than us too.

Sheff United looking to send young Louie Marsh out on loan at the end of the window. As he is a very attacking player and definitely knows where the goals are for their under 21s, could we be the club where he goes? I imagine there would be a few clubs in for him, and potentially higher up than us too.

Every chance we'll get a close up view of his ability tomorrow evening

Every chance we'll get a close up view of his ability tomorrow evening

Lot of the predicted lineups have the rather more experienced McBurnie alongside Cameron Archer rather than the kids. TBC. Saw Osula has been playing for them in the Premier League... who was linked last year.

Well a chorus of '******' by 3,000 people followed by incredibly tame penalty... might not have been the best audition

Cheaterborough want £1m for Clarke-Harris. Would you let Wee Joey spend a million pounds of your money on anything?
Possible swap deal on the cards?? House or O'Connor. Who knows what might happen over the next couple of days. Posh hate to lose a player for nothing and we never thought a player like Bozzy would end up here....