Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 37 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You took the words right out of my mouth. I don’t think there’s been a rumour without DC and Pompey seemingly also in for the said player. I know clubs will look to strengthen this time of the year but Pompey already have a huge squad don’t they?
Started training this week with a squad of 17 senior players according to DC.

Would you believe Portsmouth are also interested??😱 I swear our scouting team must work for both clubs...😂
i can just about understand a £200k trigger clause from a club in the league above, but beggars belief if a club in the same division can trigger it as well.

i can just about understand a £200k trigger clause from a club in the league above, but beggars belief if a club in the same division can trigger it as well.
It is from a league above or are you talking about something else

The £200k clause would have been written in at the time of signing a Division 2 player with less than 50 games to his credit, playing in a team trying to avoid relegation. Not many would have paid £200k for his services then. That many think he is worth more than that now, seems to me, to be a recognition that both sides have benefitted from the association.

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton is eyeing up a raid on his former club Lincoln City for forward Anthony Scully, sources have exclusively told Football League World
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/e...ing-up-transfer-raid-for-lincoln-city-player/

Grant was valued at £750k but it was reported they accepted substantially less then that. What does that mean £300-400k? On that basis I think we should want at £500k for Scully plus then hope there is a bidding war

Grant was valued at £750k but it was reported they accepted substantially less then that. What does that mean £300-400k? On that basis I think we should want at £500k for Scully plus then hope there is a bidding war
Don't agree that he should be worth more than Grant but it may well be what happens. Disappointing that Scully missed so many games and then had a poor spell statistically. He should be able to be near the top of the L1 scorers chart which would mean a million pounds worth, but doubt we'd get anywhere near that with a year left on his contract.

Don't agree that he should be worth more than Grant but it may well be what happens. Disappointing that Scully missed so many games and then had a poor spell statistically. He should be able to be near the top of the L1 scorers chart which would mean a million pounds worth, but doubt we'd get anywhere near that with a year left on his contract.
Agree. I think Grant is a much better player.

it was the goal scoring potential and age that made me think that.

Blackpool manager Michael Appleton is eyeing up a raid on his former club Lincoln City for forward Anthony Scully, sources have exclusively told Football League World
https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/e...ing-up-transfer-raid-for-lincoln-city-player/
Interesting how different industries work. We have a lot of training about antitrust legislation saying that you can’t use information about products/contracts from former employers if they are competitors.
MA will have inside information on Scully, about his contract, any previous bids, his mindset etc.
Not unique to Michael of course but interesting to think about

Was the £750k an impartial valuation from Barry Fry?

Was the £750k an impartial valuation from Barry Fry?

Is that an insinuation that Barry Fry has at some point in time made a statement that over-valued his own player, under-valued a potential signing, or insisted that a transfer wouldn't take place unless it was at a specific value and then gone back on his word. That doesn't sound like Barry Fry to me - he is the epitome of middle of the line, fair minded judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.