Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 38 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pompey are interested in anything that the 'The News' (Portsmouth's local rag) thinks is potential click-bait - no matter how many degrees of separation it is from reality.
This. It's amazing how many Portsmouth stories end up in our Newsnow feed!

Watters has been over this way at donny and loans at trinity and Grantham. Went berserk in a short time frame scoring for Crawley then Cardiff paid some money for him.

Would be an interesting signing, although imagine it'd be a competitive l1 field for him. Maybe Kennedy has some Cardiff links still!

Pompey are interested in anything that the 'The News' (Portsmouth's local rag) thinks is potential click-bait - no matter how many degrees of separation it is from reality.
At least their local paper shows a bit of interest
Not sure if there is more to it than this or a different source as this doesn't seem hugely reliable/reliable at all! You'd think MK Dons would be interested too.

Wouldnt even waste a pinch of salt on anything this site predicted.

Not your usual "have expressed an interest", "are eyeing a move for" or "are in negotiations about", but a pretty definite "have come to an agreement". Not a lot of wriggle room if it proves to be wrong.

Unless I've overlooked something it would appear the last online article on the Imps in the Echo was 17/06. Even when it was a daily hard copy paper, I doubt it went over a week without an article or piece being written about the club.

Just an observation but I find it poor tbh.

Loose lips sinks ships

Unless I've overlooked something it would appear the last online article on the Imps in the Echo was 17/06. Even when it was a daily hard copy paper, I doubt it went over a week without an article or piece being written about the club.

Mark Whiley is on secondment elsewhere in the Echo's owner's organisation, and nobody else on the staff there appears interested.

Been like this for about three months - the coverage is appalling.

Unless I've overlooked something it would appear the last online article on the Imps in the Echo was 17/06. Even when it was a daily hard copy paper, I doubt it went over a week without an article or piece being written about the club. Lots in Private Eye about Reach, aka Retch.

Like many local papers, it's part of "Local World" which is owned by "Reach" (fka Trinity Mirror) who own the Mirror, People, Star and Express. They' and precious owners have cut staffing levels to the bone, hence articles are eoften to recycled across several different local papers. The staff they do have tend to be very inexperienced and expected to cover various topics and regions at the same time so have no handle on local or subject detail. Also huge reliance on just quoting from social media rather than doing actual journalism.

Like many local papers, it's part of "Local World" which is owned by "Reach" (fka Trinity Mirror) who own the Mirror, People, Star and Express. They' and precious owners have cut staffing levels to the bone, hence articles are eoften to recycled across several different local papers. The staff they do have tend to be very inexperienced and expected to cover various topics and regions at the same time so have no handle on local or subject detail. Also huge reliance on just quoting from social media rather than doing actual journalism.
I was previously aware that Whiley was on secondment, but wasn't aware how poor the back up system/business model was within the Reach company. Thanks for the info, it explains a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.