Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems kind of crazy regarding Wright, with him being a no.2 and now starting what, 5 games? I think he signed an 18 month deal at least.

Phenomenal bit of business if we sell him.

Was an unknown quantity four/five weeks ago, so kudos to the management team for signing Wright in the first place.

Although to be honest, I wouldn’t be too sad about Wright being sold if his replacement is Palmer.

My summer rumour/question mark is that I think Morgan Whittaker signed on loan very much with the plan of him signing permanently for next year.

He had that good start, then a few very poor games and now we're starting to see flashes again albeit maybe not the impact we had hoped for.

What do people think? Here next year?

My summer rumour/question mark is that I think Morgan Whittaker signed on loan very much with the plan of him signing permanently for next year.

He had that good start, then a few very poor games and now we're starting to see flashes again albeit maybe not the impact we had hoped for.

Assuming the finances are right, absolutely. Could be a great asset with a full pre-season under Appleton behind him.

Having said that, I’m sure him getting booed by his home crowd when coming on as sub the other week will really encourage him to sign permanently.

I'd have him in a shot.

I’ve had my doubts about him, and said so previously. I agree with WellingtonImp that there is a player in their that could be brought out given a pre-season and a full season under MA. He’s shown some genuine glimpses of quality at times - he could be a really good player if he can improve two or three basic aspects of his game, eg defending as part of a team, his pace could be better, looking for/gambling on a quick through ball, and the way he attacks the box (or not).

Swansea paid some fairly big money for him about a year ago. Personally I don't think he'll be available but if Swansea let him.go for a figure that is in our budget that would be a pretty high write off by them.

Luke McNally who we were linked with before moving from St Pats to Oxford is the subject of a £2 million bid from Spurs.

Swansea paid some fairly big money for him about a year ago. Personally I don't think he'll be available but if Swansea let him.go for a figure that is in our budget that would be a pretty high write off by them.

Money down the back of the sofa for a Championship club I think, they've signed three forward players (two starters for more money than Whittaker) since then under the new manager and he was kept to challenge for a place at the start of the season then couldn't even get in the match day squad after a few months.

Still paying him a wage, think they could be tempted to cut their losses if there is interest.

There’s definitely a player in there, and as stated prior, with a full length close season, and with a more stable team around him, we’d be more likely to see the player that turned up for his debut.
I thought he played well on Saturday. Probably set his own bar too high but starting so well

Status
Not open for further replies.