Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 36 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early enough in transfer window for us to replace. Decent business I think for a player with only one year left on is contract.

I liked cohen still think he has more to come would like to see him stay but 200k shows the Model works if he goes i wish him the best

If we have replaced Bramall with Robson for the same fee we have come out of those transactions on the wrong side.
Still convinced Bramall should have been brought on at Wembley against Blackpool. Big pitch he would have offered a different option, stretched their defence a little and probably given Johnson more space.

If true with only a year left on his contract, good luck to him, and lucky for us. One of the very few players who got you off your seat last Season, improved a lot towards the end , when fit !!
UTI.
I don’t know, were a few players got me off my seat.
Mostly to head to the exit !

My other thought is that Bramall leaving wouldn't change the fact the overriding priority for me is still sorting out the midfield (can we have some defensive midfielder rumours please)... but it does make me think that a secondary priority would be adding some pace. We could be a bit one paced last season and it made some of the midfielders look worse because they didn't have runners. Take Bramall out of the equation and we don't have many players with electric pace!

Strange one. Was really excited to see him kick on this season. Had that spell last season of about 6-8 games where he was red hot. Got to assume Rotherham scouted him then! Was hoping he’d be fully fit and we would see that regularly this season. But take that spell out and he has generally had more games during his time here where I’d say he was quite poor.

200K means a profit on a player with a year left on contract, not bad business I guess.

Bramhall going makes room for Roughan to return to the fold. As back up to Robson, he wouldn't look out of place and it gives him an ideal platform to see if he can step up. With Connor and Walsh I couldn't see him getting many chances at the left-side of a back two or three (injuries and red cards not withstanding).

Had a great second half [attacking] at Rotherham. Probably helped his case if this deal happens. Have to assume they fancy that pace in the form of an attacking wing back, which is good thinking by Rotherham. Hope he does well.
Agree we are now requiring pace to be added to the squad, along with the other factors.

I thought the O’Connor signing leaned towards 3 at the back, with him as the central defender and two of Eyoma/Poole/Jackson/Walsh/Montsma/Roughan either side.

The modern day wing-back needs pace and stamina, and I felt as though we had that covered with Bramall on the left, and we just needed someone for the right hand side.

If Cohen goes and we are sticking with 3 at the back, then we need to bring in a wing-back for both sides. If we’re playing a flat back 4, then Robson is more than capable, with Roughan as the obvious back up.

Either way, whilst £200k seems a bit low, his quality can be replaced. Not sure his pace can be!

I thought the O’Connor signing leaned towards 3 at the back, with him as the central defender and two of Eyoma/Poole/Jackson/Walsh/Montsma/Roughan either side.

The modern day wing-back needs pace and stamina, and I felt as though we had that covered with Bramall on the left, and we just needed someone for the right hand side.

If Cohen goes and we are sticking with 3 at the back, then we need to bring in a wing-back for both sides. If we’re playing a flat back 4, then Robson is more than capable, with Roughan as the obvious back up.

Either way, whilst £200k seems a bit low, his quality can be replaced. Not sure his pace can be!

perhaps my view of the football world is still forth division but I am the opposite. £200k seems a lot of money for a player who is neither one thing nor another. I see him a slightly better Jake Caprice. I am not convinced of his defensive or attacking capabilities. He was starting to improve but the championship is a big step up. I assume we will see him and Rotherham the season after next. He looked dangerous because he was so fast but I am not sure we really capitalised in his pace - perhaps this is the intent with his new club

good luck to the lad he seems honest and hard working.

I think given game time I think Roughan will be a better player for us and will be sold for a lot more.

do we owe anything to Colchester when he moves on?

I think we'll see 4 at the back for sure and a CB or 2 will leave before the window closes

According to the Sheffield Star we are one of a number of League 1 clubs interested in former Rotherham left sided winger/wing back Mickel Miller.
26 years old and played quite a bit for them last season before injury scuppered his season and was let go.
Might explain their interest in Cohen Bramall as Miller was used as a left wing back quite often

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ce-to-sign-ex-rotherham-united-winger-3741448

According to the Sheffield Star we are one of a number of League 1 clubs interested in former Rotherham left sided winger/wing back Mickel Miller.
26 years old and played quite a bit for them last season before injury scuppered his season and was let go.
Might explain their interest in Cohen Bramall as Miller was used as a left wing back quite often

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...ce-to-sign-ex-rotherham-united-winger-3741448
Injured you say? mmm we could well be interested.....

Would you believe Portsmouth are also interested??😱 I swear our scouting team must work for both clubs...😂

Would you believe Portsmouth are also interested??😱 I swear our scouting team must work for both clubs...😂

You took the words right out of my mouth. I don’t think there’s been a rumour without DC and Pompey seemingly also in for the said player. I know clubs will look to strengthen this time of the year but Pompey already have a huge squad don’t they?

Status
Not open for further replies.