Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 59 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

There is definitely something in that. Nlundulu was linked with us shortly before he was announced, but who saw Fiorini, Maguire or Sorensen coming? Not me. And contrast that with the situation with Bishop, who has been signing for MK Dons for around a month and Lincoln for the best part of a week in addition to holding talks with Wycombe and Portsmouth.
Is this a case of a move being hijacked or undermined by all the rumour and speculation?

one area where the age does make a difference. International call ups. If Griffiths stays in the under 21 squad they have four games between Sept and Nov.

Bishop wasn't in Ipswich's squad for their pre-season defeat to Palace. If he isn't injured, he's going somewhere...eventually.

He has been forced to train with the u23's since he came back. I believe he triggered an automatic extension to his contract (presumably based on appearances) so Ipswich had to offer him a one-year extension but Cook has made it pretty clear that he has no part in his plans. I suppose the issue is about Ipswich wanting to get something for him in terms of a sale price and/or not having to pay the full term of his contract extension at the agreed rate. I don't think they care that much if he doesn't get game time with the full squad in pre-season.

Sorensen means we're pretty well covered in CM now doesn't it? Griffiths adds the GK we need.

Another RB and a couple of wide players needed?

Sorensen means we're pretty well covered in CM now doesn't it? Griffiths adds the GK we need.

Another RB and a couple of wide players needed?
The apparent confidence of the statements in the local Ipswich press, made the arrival of Bishop seem likely.

To the frustration of those who seem in need of a constant flow of holding statements (actually telling you little) about the recruitment process, we quite rightly aren't privy to what is actually happening.

So what conclusion can we draw about whether Bishop will be revealed as a Lincoln player

Against - The press rumours of interest and then that he is signing, could be just that.
Even if it was true, is the arrival of Sorensen a signal something has changed and the deal is now off?

For- The reports of players agreeing to sign from local press are usually right, so we can be reasonably sure it is based on some sort of fact.
So the only other question is - is it still happening or has something derailed it?

The only evidence to suggest a hitch is the timing of Sorensen's signing.

But if you ignore the timing of the press reports, both Sorensen and Bishop would have been courted by Lincoln for some months. One deal has to be announced before the other and as we know from last night's inadvertent announcement, the club doesn't necessarily release transfer news as soon as it is done.

So my guess is Bishop will probably still become a Lincoln player. The only thing suggesting otherwise is the Ipswich paper published their news a few days before the Stoke source. If the Stoke Sentinel reporter hadn't been on holiday until Thursday night, we would all still be expecting the Bishop transfer to happen. Perhaps.