Summer Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 123 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Whittaker looks like a winger rather than forward in terms of his build.

MA did seem quite excited about the potential deal in his post match interview.

Whittaker looks like a winger rather than forward in terms of his build.

MA did seem quite excited about the potential deal in his post match interview.

Yeah I'm surprised we're not being linked with the Hopper cover but Whittaker sounds quite exciting as a player regardless...

Think MA said the guy they were after was a winger / centre forward and would tie in with the Whittaker profile . Maybe 2 + 2 = 22 though !

That's the plan

Appleton three weeks ago didn't seem to make out it was the plan to me...

"I think we’re two players short of my minimum, and anything beyond those two players is a bonus. I’d like to see another striker in the building as we were so reliant on Hops last season. I think that’s the reason he got injured because we were so reliant on him. Young Dan (Nlundulu) has come in and he’s such an infectious character, the lads love him and he’s got a big smile on his face all the time. It’s his first season on loan and he’ll make an impact, but I think we need someone who is capable of taking the mantle from Hops if we feel he needs a rest."

I still think Mapp made out he saw him more as a wide option, but might be wrong.
He may have had to change his mind due to budgets. TBF to N'Lundulu he had more the physique of a central striker that could run the channels. I think the question mark may be his finishing and the knock on effect to his confidence if that goes wrong.

He may have had to change his mind due to budgets. TBF to N'Lundulu he had more the physique of a central striker that could run the channels. I think the question mark may be his finishing and the knock on effect to his confidence if that goes wrong.

I think I'm more worried about the know how / hold up play, the problem we had with morton really last year. We will see I guess!

Adelakun was also reasonably effective centrally in the 2nd half on Saturday?

Yeah I'm surprised we're not being linked with the Hopper cover but Whittaker sounds quite exciting as a player regardless...
Sounds like it's not something that's come off for whatever reason.

I think, whilst N'lundulu isn't a direct replacement for Hopper, he can probably be a less effective short term fix. I'm more on board with getting a Brennan type player in, like Whittaker seems to be, who can get us up the pitch quicker. That's the most pressing of the two I think.