Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 135 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Twice today I was tempted to post that I thought we could win the league, but I managed to curb my enthusiasm. But now that Harry has put it out there I'm going to say I think we can, if we can maintain the momentum we currently have who knows.
We'll be in the mix but realistically our battle lies with Chelsea, Everton & Utd.

A very good window for us, the type of window that Spurs fans have been screaming for for a long time. Credit to Levy for using the current conditions well, there is far more reason for optimism now as compared with the start of the window. The last day of the window was a bit of a let down, not only at Spurs but generally. We didn't buy Mbappe after all, too much money for a player who may not be an automatic selection!

I think the two that will have the most effect are Doherty & Reguilon. We haven't had a complimentary set of FB's of this (potential) quality for ages.

High hopes for Doherty, he's gonna cause some real havoc and his flying header passes into the box will be exciting to watch!

Really actually can't believe we signed Reguilon. Laughed every time he was mentioned in the past, cause I thought there was no way. This guy could be a super star for years.

Bale is a great addition. Pretty sure every window the past 7 years, the first line in to do list was 'check on Bale'. Serendipitous. Can't wait to enjoy whatever he brings.

Lasting conclusion.... Having a team of capable people, with football business sense, and in depth knowledge of player dossiers, working together, can do alot better than whatever crackpot old system they were trying to employ the past few years.

Maybe that Swans connection can get the last bits done.

I think it boils down to being able to rely on the options. No one here really feels Deli isn't 'capable' of being class. No one really thinks Davies is not upto it. No one hasn't sat there and questioned why Aurier has all the tools but we cant quite feel safe with him.

At the end of the day we are no longer in the position, even with Kane, of feeling like we HAVE to play someone. Look at Aurier and how he has responded. The money on Doherty alone is worth it if he steps up and uses his WORLD CLASS potential. If he doesn't then he is acceptable back up quality. The days of Danny Rose and similar types having to be in the squad are hopefully behind us so the club can move forward.

Those in the team need to work 100% to hope they play the next game. Those out of the team need to work 100% to get a chance to get back in. Those who are tired need to rest up and accept that we have a stong squad. Those who are not 100% fit need to continue to get fitter.

And BALE needs to join Son & Kane in becoming the best front 3 in the history of the premier league.....ok I am dreaming a bit

And Dele.

Tbh Aurier has been decent since the end of last season

What!...beg to differ mate .....he cannot cross a ball to save his life...how many clear cut opportinites does he waste when we are in a prime attacking position. If I was a Kane or Son or anyone who has busted a gut to get into the danger zone when Aurier is about to cross I would go ballistic 9 times out of 10.

Yes he had his best game for us against Manure and scored a well taken goal but even the cross that Son put in the net was deflected through by the Manure player.

Someone said Sissokko is a 1 in 10 player well Aurier is that as well.

Who knows if Jose will work his magic on the lad? I am not holding my breath.

Did anyone actually come in and make an offer for him?

What!...beg to differ mate .....he cannot cross a ball to save his life...how many clear cut opportinites does he waste when we are in a prime attacking position. If I was a Kane or Son or anyone who has busted a gut to get into the danger zone when Aurier is about to cross I would go ballistic 9 times out of 10.

Yes he had his best game for us against Manure and scored a well taken goal but even the cross that Son put in the net was deflected through by the Manure player.

The 1 in 10 may true in the context of a blinding performance for Sissoko. But it's the number of 6 to 7 level of ratings that matters. His role means he must be solid and dependable. That's what he gives.

By my reckoning based on media reports we had a net spend of close to £60m this window. That's massive support for Jose in the current climate.

The reality is the deals were all 4-5 year deal so apart from the loan fees I expect the actual net spend this window to be closer to £20 -25 mill, a tidy sum, but it looks like we're strongly betting that by this time next year, we're be admitting fans again.

The 1 in 10 may true in the context of a blinding performance for Sissoko. But it's the number of 6 to 7 level of ratings that matters. His role means he must be solid and dependable. That's what he gives.

If we're lucky with Sissoko he might achieve 5 or 6 every other game, normally it's the best we get with him, but rotation and competition might at long last change that.

I agree with most of it. Just go back and read the match threads where he's regularly criticised for poor crossing. The supposed cross for Sonny's goal, I don't believe he intended to thread it through the defender's legs!....cos most of his crosses hit the defenders than reach the (intended?) destination. I am also not convinced about his shooting technique. The two recent goals that stick in mind were both sliced smashes, and v United, some even wondered if that was intended to be cross!

Anyway, he stays by the looks of things. Hope he moves up a notch or two.

I agree with most of it. Just go back and read the match threads where he's regularly criticised for poor crossing. The supposed cross for Sonny's goal, I don't believe he intended to thread it through the defender's legs!....cos most of his crosses hit the defenders than reach the (intended?) destination. I am also not convinced about his shooting technique. The two recent goals that stick in mind were both sliced smashes, and v United, some even wondered if that was intended to be cross!

Anyway, he stays by the looks of things. Hope he moves up a notch or two.
No way was that a cross against utd. Also his finish against Olympiakos outside of the boot was quality, there was also one where he cut in and curled it into the far corner with his left foot. I don't particularly like him but credit where due.