Summer 2020 Transfer Window | Page 138 | Vital Football

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

It is looking more than likely the Rodon will be a Spurs player by 5pm this afternoon, it appears a break through has been agreed, and he, Rodon, is just waiting to have his medical, something has occurred because the Swans are in talks and pushing for the Wolves defender Bennet as a replacement.

Wolves defender Ryan Bennett has arrived in south Wales for a medical ahead of a permanent move to Swansea.

The green light for Rodon?

I am pleased and it will be interesting how much game time he gets and if so....who misses out ? I am guessing he would have played most games for the Swans but for us I'm not sure. How many games would he expect ?

Final piece of a very good transfer window. Or is it??

WAAAAAAAAAY better option than some of the other CBs we werer linked with.

I bet poor Daniel is thinking 'What was I thinking? I remember the good old days when MoPo was schooling me and the chequebook was tucked away in Maureens safe'.
Ha ha. Like I said at the time, Levy put his chq book in that capsule under the south stand, to be opened in 60 years time. So whilst the stadium is empty, they've had the pneumatic digger in action!

60 years down to 60 weeks. Quick learner (not), our Daniel!

So, something changed.

The whole approach to this window was so radically different, it's almost as if a new regime had taken over top down. Wide lists of rational targets, most of the real ones kept rather quiet overall. Strange level of what can only be interpreted as dis-information, seemed to distract some from what the left hand was doing (Not sure where this was coming from). Early approaches with creative deals to teams that suddenly found themselves about to be squeezed. And an amazing amount of serendipity, or flat out luck , but now with the abilities & willingness to jump on these opportunities.

This is not the Spurs we've come to know.

I think there's a moment in the Amazon series that's telling. When DL makes his comment about there only being 'two truly World Class coaches... And Jose's one..' bit. Dude looked like he just came in his pants.

Maybe his "Messiah" rep, and DL's idolization has unlocked something, got him to act like a real GM of a truly big club.

Still not convinced of Jose as a Coach & Manager (Sometimes I fuken hate this guy). But I'll support him if he proves/earns it.

Getting the players we did, for many $$million$$ more than we paid, would have still been considered one of our best windows.

No one can say Mourinho hasn't been backed. No excuses now.

I was expecting a few more to leave to be honest.
Rose is still on the books FFS. Come January if the Deles and Sissokos aren't featuring it might not be such a happy ship.

I was expecting a few more to leave to be honest.
Rose is still on the books FFS. Come January if the Deles and Sissokos aren't featuring it might not be such a happy ship.[/QUOTE

Dele and Sissoko will get plenty of game time. With Lo Celso currently injured it’s up to Dele to perform to a level that keeps him in the team. If his level isn’t good enough consistently then he only has himself to blame. He’d be mad not to want to be a part of this team at the minute. This season will be special.