Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 248 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

As for next season man we could be very busy indeed. Losing Toby, Verts, Eriksen will have a massive impact on us.

I'm not fussed about Rose as we have Davies and Sess.

Hugo is getting older and I'm not convinced Gaz is anywhere near the level required.

Potentially we will need a new GK, RB, CB, AM over the next two transfer windows.

Henderson on loan at Sheffield United is worth keeping an eye on.

I reckon we will see how Aarons gets on this season. If he does well we will go back in for him I reckon.

We will need to spend 100-150m easily.

As for next season man we could be very busy indeed. Losing Toby, Verts, Eriksen will have a massive impact on us.

I'm not fussed about Rose as we have Davies and Sess.

Hugo is getting older and I'm not convinced Gaz is anywhere near the level required.

Potentially we will need a new GK, RB, CB, AM over the next two transfer windows.

Henderson on loan at Sheffield United is worth keeping an eye on.

I reckon we will see how Aarons gets on this season. If he does well we will go back in for him I reckon.

We will need to spend 100-150m easily.

It's doable, I think keeping Toby/Eriksen for this season was sensible (if they stay) as trying to replace them all in this window would have been impossible.

At least we now have like you say 2 windows to get 2/3 players in. RB is definitely needed, depending on how Foyth/Sanchez and Tanganga do this season we might be ok in that position, especially if Jan stays.

We should be able to get a decent replacement for Lloris, I'm sure we are currently looking.

Eriksen replacement is the most important IMO.

Sounds bad on paper but I think we will be ok if we play it right.

Just say Toby leaves but Jan stays. As it stands our first choice pairing would be

Sanchez, Verts. A decent pairing.

Back ups would be Foyth, Tanganga. I like the look of Tang but he will need a leader next to him. Foyth is not a leader.

Not sure our back ups would be the level required. Remember Verts will be 33 towards the end of this season.

A CB will certainly be needed.

Yea you're probably right, losing a big player like Toby realistically will need replacing.

Poch has just said Rose is a big part of his plans this season, at least it sounds like he's definitely staying. Will definitely help Sessegnon improve...

He sounded less confident about Eriksen.

In the mean time, Dier's contract also runs down.

For me, we need a statement signing in January. Doesn't necessarily mean he joins until next summer's pre-season but just knowing we'll have a backfill at centre half would be amazing. A player like Jonathan Tah would fit the bill. Surely Leverkusen lose him anyway, if they haven't done so by the end of this month.

What I'm most worried about next summer is Kane. It's always that 27th b'day that gets you panicking.

Anyway, where's the January transfer thread? :-)

In the mean time, Dier's contract also runs down.

For me, we need a statement signing in January. Doesn't necessarily mean he joins until next summer's pre-season but just knowing we'll have a backfill at centre half would be amazing. A player like Jonathan Tah would fit the bill. Surely Leverkusen lose him anyway, if they haven't done so by the end of this month.

What I'm most worried about next summer is Kane. It's always that 27th b'day that gets you panicking.

Anyway, where's the January transfer thread? :-)

Your good with words why don't you start one. :grinning:

Alli isn’t good enough to get into the team I would go with, scratch Alli insert Son. If Bruno had arrived, I would scratch Alli permanently, to pay for him. I’d have a problem too with Eriksen in my team, for six months of last season, he wasn’t close to being good enough. Until he can show me his head is in the right place, and that he wants to be here, Lucas gets the nod. Rose isn’t good enough for anything, beyond the halfway line, in every instance that occurs, I would want Sessegnon on the pitch.

There has been nothing to back up your assessment of his head not being in the right place.

There is a train of thought going around inside the club that PSG intervened after realising that they'd been screwed over on Lo Celso.

Seems petty, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least, the football business can be very vindictive at times.

I heard this right away and I remain skeptical. Just seems like something that wouldn't happen between Spurs & PSG, they have a documented positive working relationship. Also thoguht there was a deal between us and them that would've made up for the shortfall in the GLC sell-on. Coulda been Rose, Aurier going back rumor seems odd, coulda been Victor.... who knows.

If he goes to PSG, then maybe they did fuk our deal, but I'll be surprised.

People will be shocked at how long some of these deals that seemed so last-minute, had actually been going on.

My impression of the ending, and how things got so hairry, was because we may have been caught off guard by how many of our "targets" agreed to join. The historical Spurs rate of success seems like.. work on 6, maybe get 2 to agree, finalize 1, if he's a Poch target of course. This time we worked hard on like 7, and pretty much all of them said "yeah let's do it". A couple clubs pulled the plug right away, but the rest progressed. Normally other big clubs would come in and swipe them up & away, but this time they were resorted to slanderous media leaks making stoopid claims. Nobody fell away because the players wanted to come, and a new problem had to be dealt with. Some truly creative financing efforts ensued...

We were offered a SHIT-TON of good players.

IF he stays at Juve, it'll be interesting in January.

I think Kane will be like " fuck me this is what I have been missing".
Hopefully stop him dropping deep constantly looking for ball. But it may take a few games for everyone to reach the same wavelength. With all the AM options, a lot of swapping and changing. A nice problem to have, hope Poch doesn't over-complicate things!

Poch has made the Brave comment again when talking about the RB position. We saw him deploy George Marsh there pre season. He is a tough kid , remember he roughed up Lalana in the air and provoked a violent reaction from the Pool player.

Apparently although a DM , George is no stranger to playing across the back line. He needs to play and at RB he may get more chance to express himself than trying to win a place against the midfielders.

Also we saw Harvey White at LB who does have a sweet left foot. Delivery wise he could be in front of Davies and Rose already.

Oh no, what have I started? :-)

Quite often I see word use or spelling errors but feel insecure about drawing attention to them because I may upset people.

I have no axe to grind with anyone on here so if
I did mention spelling etc it would be to help those who perhaps were oblivious. They might say .....F off I don't want help from you , you picky twat . But I would not be trying to score points or diss anyone.

Its a touchy subject , should we ignore errors or try and help. This questions human nature. It is a can of worms , to open or not to open....that is the
question as Dickens might write. !!!

Yea you're probably right, losing a big player like Toby realistically will need replacing.

Poch has just said Rose is a big part of his plans this season, at least it sounds like he's definitely staying. Will definitely help Sessegnon improve...

He sounded less confident about Eriksen.

It's because he isn't. I don't understand why no one gets this - he's gone !!

It's because he isn't. I don't understand why no one gets this - he's gone !!
So why is it that Eriksen has looked so glum then since his return? If his move is a certainty (and I'm not doubting you) you'd think he'd be quite relaxed about the situation. Or is it that he is being asked to play and doesn't want to risk injury? RM have been chasing Pogba all summer so presumably he is in addition to Eriksen? And there have been plenty of stories recently about RM showing an interest in van de Beek. Would he also be in addition to Eriksen?