Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies | Page 105 | Vital Football

Summer 2019 Transfer target speculation and fantasies

I
I'm sure you don't give a damn but there are plenty of reasons both teams were shite not just our players. It's unfair to single Dele out in that game.

Well, people should stop putting him on a pedestal he is no longer good enough to belong. I keep reading the familiar comments about him being a big game player, well the stage was set up for him to show it, his response was to show us a temper tantrum when he was subbed.

I don’t give a damn how pool performed in the showpiece, it was our opportunity to step up & take it. But Alli failed yet again this season, to own it. Winks seems to have lost his early traits of being poised & playing with his head up in key areas. Too much head down unaware play from the lad.

He's had a poor time on the pitch, ever since Poch called him the best 'young player in the World' back at the end of the season before last. But off it, he's had exactly the opposite - aside from having a £100k a week deal now (due for another one soon, which will match Harry's) he's also been coining it in from his off-field activities; the increase is staggering and suggests it's in inverse proportion to the interest he's shown on the pitch.

Accounts filed for Dele Alli Promotions, his commercial income company, showed that in the year to August 2018, its total assets rose from £1,096,260 to £3,287,171. That can largely be attributed to a lucrative sponsorship deal with Adidas and his own boohooMAN fashion collection, which he has modelled himself.

Simply put, he's believed he's arrived and the period when he should have been focused on getting even better, he's simply focused himself on getting richer.

He's had a poor time on the pitch, ever since Poch called him the best 'young player in the World' back at the end of the season before last. But off it, he's had exactly the opposite - aside from having a £100k a week deal now (due for another one soon, which will match Harry's) he's also been coining it in from his off-field activities; the increase is staggering and suggests it's in inverse proportion to the interest he's shown on the pitch.

Accounts filed for Dele Alli Promotions, his commercial income company, showed that in the year to August 2018, its total assets rose from £1,096,260 to £3,287,171. That can largely be attributed to a lucrative sponsorship deal with Adidas and his own boohooMAN fashion collection, which he has modelled himself.

Simply put, he's believed he's arrived and the period when he should have been focused on getting even better, he's simply focused himself on getting richer.
That's not fair at all.

Xvausch what's your take on the Fernandes transfer its obvious that Lisbon are doing there best to get an auction going. Are we really in this? I've got zero Intel on this. Even if its total BS.

Pretty sure there's ample evidence we have been watching him for some time, and he is a fit for Pcoh, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if he came to Spurs. He's another that has said he'll make his choices based on footballing reasons and not $$$. I was a bit more surprised by the explosion & varacity of the GLC links than I am the ones with Bruno.

He's be a great get, especially if Eriksen stays for one more season.

Well, people should stop putting him on a pedestal he is no longer good enough to belong. I keep reading the familiar comments about him being a big game player, well the stage was set up for him to show it, his response was to show us a temper tantrum when he was subbed.

Who's putting him on a pedestal ? The stage was not set for anyone, it was too hot. I'd rather he was pissed at being subbed than just accepting it. He was frustrated....He cared.

Yep, he’s taken his eye off the ball and I don't agree that Poch was right to say that about him. I never felt he had enough in his game to live up to the label.

You surprise me X I was less shocked by the GLC links because he is Argentine( though I honestly cant see us doing business at the price Betis want. Not sure keeping Eriksen for another season makes any sense. Getting GLC and Fernandes would be unprecedented.

You surprise me X I was less shocked by the GLC links because he is Argentine( though I honestly cant see us doing business at the price Betis want. Not sure keeping Eriksen for another season makes any sense. Getting GLC and Fernandes would be unprecedented.

IF and it really is a million to one shot, IF Eriksen was to stay, he'd have to sign a new 3 or 4 year deal - he's rebuffed all attempts to make that happen for the last 18 months... ergo, he's gone!

Who's putting him on a pedestal ? The stage was not set for anyone, it was too hot. I'd rather he was pissed at being subbed than just accepting it. He was frustrated....He cared.

Alli hasn't been hot for two years, the one game when we wanted him to lose his languid style and get a sweat on, he couldn't do something as simple as making an accurate pass. His general incompetence started from the whistle.

Alli hasn't been hot for two years, the one game when we wanted him to lose his languid style and get a sweat on, he couldn't do something as simple as making an accurate pass. His general incompetence started from the whistle.

2 years you say?

in 2017/2018 he scored 9 and assisted 11 in the PL, scored 2 and assisted 4 in the CL ( 5 games total as he was suspended from 3), and in total scored 14 and assisted 17 in 50 games.

And before you say 'stats lie' he had a pretty damn good season overall on both sides of the pitch.

It's been known Bruno has been a target for awhile, GLC less so. The two together would be a phenomenal fit.

Eriksen runs the system, like no one else, and having him around would finally give us the depth at the position (and competition) that's been sorely missed. Bedding in the future long term replacement with the incumbent for a season would be helpful I think.

I wouldn't discount the possibility of an English CM being in the frame.

I know Dele has been below par but I think it's too early to write him off. He played pretty well against Switzerland. He had more freedom and less pressure to drop back.

Let's see how some rest does for him and our team. Get some signings in and start again. Due to our MF woes , Dele has had different responsibilities as has Eriksen , both creative players not at their best when further back.

I'm not happy with his season either but he is far from a lost cause.

2 years you say?

in 2017/2018 he scored 9 and assisted 11 in the PL, scored 2 and assisted 4 in the CL ( 5 games total as he was suspended from 3), and in total scored 14 and assisted 17 in 50 games.

And before you say 'stats lie' he had a pretty damn good season overall on both sides of the pitch.

Stats can be manipulated to say whatever you like. His performances and levels of consistency have steadily regressed over 2 years. If Alli has just had a 'damn good season,' our SOS call is overdue.

I know Dele has been below par but I think it's too early to write him off. He played pretty well against Switzerland. He had more freedom and less pressure to drop back.

Let's see how some rest does for him and our team. Get some signings in and start again. Due to our MF woes , Dele has had different responsibilities as has Eriksen , both creative players not at their best when further back.

Both creative players often not good enough in forward areas to seize the moments.

Stats can be manipulated to say whatever you like. His performances and levels of consistency have steadily regressed over 2 years. If Alli has just had a 'damn good season,' our SOS call is overdue.

I didn't say he just had a damn good season, my post was about 2017/2018, but you already know that.

31 goals/assists a season andyou think its a manipulation of stats. Ok.

Regardless of what Rich says, Dele is one of the most important players in the squad, is as close to a guaranteed starter there is w Poch when he's fit. I can't imagine him going anywhere for a long time.

He needs a rest.

Mendy is a crock - City will be kind and persevere, but not without first class back up.

From what I hear, thoughts about his career are already very downcast and he faces yet another op on his knees.

City are targetting 3 possibly four additions; LB, holding midfielder, CB and perhaps even a right back - Pep has definitely run out of patience with Walker.

Walker could be for sale??

If we were to shift on Eriksen and pick up some money, I'd re-invest it in Wan-Bissaka and one of Tielemans and Ndombele. If one of those mids partners Sissoko/Winks, it frees up Alli to roam off Kane and allows us to play both Son and Lucas in the wide roles. Lamela can act as good first team cover to all 3 players behind Kane.

If we successfully bring in Wan-Bissaka we can attempt to offload both Aurier and Trippier and promote KWP full time to being our second right back.

Use the remainder to sign down Toby and Rose to career spanning deals and stick with that for the season.

Dave!!! I feel like it has been some time since I have seen you post. Good hearing from you again!