Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

That is why we will be fighting relegation.
The combination of Farke's kak tactics and an even worse squad
will be catastropic.

I would like youngsters from our academy who are our players like Cantwell, Morris, Matthews, Lewis, Payne etc, not Srbeny (24 years old) and Reed.

DF has already said it will be tough for players like Cantwell, Godfrey and Morris to be involved next season!

Apparently Newcastle have had scouts watching Murphy. They apparently want to sign him in the summer and he is keen to link up with his brother.

Oh dear
I know you can’t judge a player from one game
But very underwhelmed by kenny McClean who’s anonymous by his absence !
The game is going on around him and I’m finding it difficult to see what he brings to the table

SC by all accounts he has been very good for them this season. I don't think he is a like for like for Maddison though.

So Martin came out and said he hopes he can show the Rangers fans that he is worthy of staying and make it up to them after the 4-0 in the cup against Celtic. Today he was in defence for Rangers as they were smashed 5-0 and he was bloody terrible. I watched it on SKY and he was like a headless chicken most of the time.

He has now admitted he doubts he'll be staying at Norwich and will probably have to find another club instead of Rangers. If Gerrard is to become manager at Rangers I can't see him wanting Martin back. Looks like we are going to have to try get some club silly enough to buy him off us.

Rusty Markin is the worst central defender Norwich have ever had . Shame that Rangers have had to find out the hard way how truely crap he is . I never want to see him in a Norwich shirt again

I watched some of the game FC. Martin had his eye on the ball at all times. He watched it coming towards him, he watched it go past, he watched it sitting in the net. Quality Defending.
I agree that we will need to offload him to another club. Rangers won't want him.

I can’t see anyone wanting Rusty Marking . Thanks Rab for giving him a long contact which means we will now to pay him mega prem wages for the next 12 months whilst the useless bloke does sweet f a .

Was it Webber and DF who gave him an extra two years too?

I think another club in Scotland might take him for cheap or he will go out on loan again with the option to b purchased in January. I really hope DF doesn't decide to keep him as a backup! DF said he wants more experience next season...:shake:

According to the Mirror we have said that Maddison is for sale but 30 million is the starting price.

Tettey is close to agreeing to a new two-year deal.

DF is looking at 2 forwards (according to the EDP). They also say that the top two targets for the club are Gunn and Reed.

Hanley might be captain next season as Pinto future not 100% certain and if he is here he might not be playing all the time.

Paddy says that the club can't afford forwards from League 2. oh dear.

They mentioned the fact that not many clubs will want Jarvis or Wildschut so it might be us paying off their contracts. why do we get stuck with these players?

Klose is wanted here and he is a leader in the dressing room. The club won't let his deal run out and lose him for nothing so apparently, the club will be looking to extend (with a reduced wage) and if that doesn't happen it could be a sale on the horizon but the club don't want to lose him. There are rumours that Toni Leistner is on his way here so we could have too many central defenders.

Leitner wants to come back next season but it might be the asking price that puts us off.

I hope if Teabag is given a contract then it has a clause in it that in the Championship he will (often) play two games a week . A player who cries off after one game a week is of no interest to me

Last edited:
Another 'apparently' here but Josh Murphy is wanting out of the club and is happy to move in the summer. He wants to move to the premiership and Palace and Leicester have been watching him.

Tettey contract talks still ongoing its the financial side that is the issue. Come on Alex you can hardly play 2 games in a row and you aren't that great. Paddy said yesterday that our top wage is 10k a week - which for me is still a good wack. How much is Alex on?

On another note we could have Ollson, Fer, Pritchard and Redmond down with us next season

If Teabag is still on the riches of Prem wages , then he must be about £30,000 a week . He’s hardly worth that . Take 10 Grand a week mate or say goodbye

palace may have been watching murphy but they have far better players already so he can sit on bench like his twin.

Murphy would be silly to leave look how it is going for Jacob. Palace as you say DG have better wingers as do Leicester.

Just watching our loan GK Matthews on the TV at the moment and was surprised to see David Fox is still playing at a decent level. For some reason, I thought he had stopped playing. Still got a lovely pass on him. What was everyone else's view of him as a player?

Also, Gilks and McGeehan are involved.

I must say Plymouth attacking midfielder Carey and Scunthorpe left-back Townsend and Scunthorpe quick winger Holmes look decent.

Matthews just pulls off a good save as I write this. The thing is Plymouth are in the same boat as us wanting to keep their on-loan GK. I think we should really give him a go - he needs to improve on a few bits but he will learn that. I think our major thing is back up GK do we keep McGovern as back up (will he want that) do we promote
Oxborough (also looks a good GK) to back up?