Summer 2018 Transfers | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Transfers

Plus you need at least 8 home grown players in the 18 next season. We just about get 7 and with 3 of these going nect season maybe 4 you need these youngsters like Matthews, Godfrey, Cantwell, Morris, Phillips in the mix

I don’t understand him either . Won’t play Raggett yet the guy was playing week in week out for Lincoln , played against Prem sides , and now DF deems him as no good to play . Morris , Cantwell and Godfrey should come back and be given a go with us at least . I just don’t know who DF wants

There will be 3 big clubs come down from the Prem with a massive spending power , compared to our alleged piddly £2m , as well as the clubs with huge backing like Barnsley . Unless the Smiths allow big investment in our club I can see us remaining in this division (or lower ) for many years .

It must now be clear to those who supported the clueless Rab and the owners who wanted him there for 10 years , that our our relegation was nothing short of a catastrophe. Fans who heartily clapped Rab and his miserable failures like Martin and Jerome on the last day v Watford can now see how unwise they were.

Last edited:
So maddison now has arsenal, spuds, man city, Everton and West ham interested. I think we were saying starting price £25 million but there could be bidding war and it could go up or other extras could be added like a player coming other way or maddison coming back on loan. The thing is Maddison doesn't want to go to big club to sit on the bench so man city and spurs out. I could see him at everton. Can West ham afford him?

I've only just seen that we are trying to sign non-league forward Fejiri Okenabirhie and a value of 250k has been mentioned. If all we have is 2 million then thats a big chunk on a non league lad - will this be another bloody u23 player>

So another british player goes and to be honest I will not be that bothered to see him go but I bet he will be a better player next season with them.

If only we had 11 more maddisons at the club. Very level headed and mature. Saying he loves life here and will only move if its right. He happy at Norwich.

Sounds a good lad , but despite his words I think we will be saying goodbye to him next Saturday . He knows we are a club with owners and a Board who are totally devoid of the burning ambition we need . Madders knows we will fill our team with less than average players and are due a long stay as a non entity in the lower half of this league . Who can blame him when he goes ? I am very grateful for his skills and goals that stopped us being relegated this season and wish him all the very best in his future career

Agreed YB.
He was not itching to get away. If only Farke had used the players he had to proper effect and sorted out our appaling striker situation
( 9 goals from 3 strikers all season ? ) Madison may be looking forward to playing in premier league next season.... with Norwich City.

Agreed plus I think the club will be looking to sell him to bring in money to go towards other stuff other than reinforcements. I was thinking to imagine what we could have been like last season with Murphy - Pritchard - Maddison and on form Oli.

I am sure the Aberdeen loan helped but I think he would have done a job for us last season as seen when Irvine gave him a chance.

Cantwell should be given a go next season he has been bloody good out in Holland. He has been changed into a central midfielder. He has become stronger too.

Apparently Liverpool close to signing Maddison? Apparently, Maddison told a source that he had agreed to terms with them. He is best mates with Liverpool defender Alexander-Arnold which has also helped.

Is this true and if so how much? reports saying around £25 million.

Hearts boss has said that the club might not sign Naismith in the summer.:help:

Hearts boss said that the two clubs are miles away from agreeing on a deal. It is the fact that Naismith is on around 50k wages and they wouldn't be able to pay that - I am sure Naismith said he would play for free. I think it might be game playing as he will hope that saying this will make us lower the asking price and maybe Naismith lower his wage demands.

scout mate of mine has informed me that Southampton has been sending scouts to our games recently. It makes sense that they will want to see how Reed is doing but he says its because they are interested in Leitner. I think it is Reed.