Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

Blimey Sixpence! That's how it was on our way back on Sunday. Many cars had pulled over but the coaches were OK.

Shame about the car - are you thinking it's time for a new one?

Raining here today and cooler.

It is only 5 years old but I have absolutely no faith in it getting me from a-b in one piece! So yes, a new car - the sooner the better!!

Barney, the size of a young lioness is just about sitting in my lap because of the thunder lol
Frightened of nothing else but come the thunder and lightening he becomes a pussy cat.
Hope you manage to get a new car Sue, you can’t go on like this. Your nerves will make you ill.

I suppose animals and children have no concept of thunder and lightening, can't understand why it suddenly happens.

We were once in the South of France and the weather was doing the works one evening over the sea - beautiful to watch and we were stood outside. The French were trying to drag us in!

I enjoy watching it too.
Sunny today in patches so I managed the lawn edges and may be able to do the rear lawn, I’m hoping anyway.

Hope you got that done, Oz.

I think we've been lucky round here. Part of Britain are under water with torrential rain and bad storms. I saw somewhere that part of the Midlands had had a months rain in three hours!

Been for a walk round Wentworth today with friends.
Had lunch in the pub garden and a lengthy natter. There were 7 of us so lots to talk about!

Got it done Caz thanks.
Another sunny day tomorrow then at least a week of storms?
Have to get the ‘Highland Park ‘ ready.

Good job I got the ‘Park’ out, the Winter has truly set in here.
Hope you are enjoying the Summer up there.

Oh dear, Oz!

Love Wentworth, Sixpence!

Been babysitting in Newcastle this weekend. Weather was absolutely atrocious going. Rain and bits of hail in it! Windscreen wipers were a waste of time - lasted about fifty miles. Was OK when we got there, though dull but managed to play out in the back garden. Granddaughter was happy about going to bed so ended up bringing here down to calm her for twenty minutes. Just talked to her about her day and she fell to sleep on my knee. Trouble is she's getting too heavy for me to carry her upstairs!

Sunday she was full of beams and running everywhere. She went to a party so Grandma and Granddad had an hours rest! After her party we went to Frankie and Benny's and she ate everyone's corn on the cob!

We left sixish and had a good journey, though it was very misty and dull until we hit South Yorkshire then the sun was shining which I understand it had done all day!

Overcast this morning, I've put washing out and it is blowing it a bit.

No, not really. It just went dull and stopped blowing!

Busy day today. Shopping with friend this morning then out at lunch with some of the people I used to work with.

Walk around Thrybergh Reservoir with friends and carvery lunch at the Toby Inn.
Been looking at new cars the last couple of days!

Hope you find something you like, Sixpence. Nice walk too round Thrybergh. Not been to Toby, heard varying reports, did you like it?

Hairdressers this morning then 80th Birthday party at lunch time for me today.

LOL Oz!

We went to the birthday party in the dungeon at the Drawbridge. It was at 2pm. Although they'd got the food out (cold buffet and hot buffet which wasn't that hot because it looked like it had been out for a little while) they didn't appear to be ready for forty plus people descending on them. We had to fetch our own chairs for various parts of the restaurant (now, I was one of the youngest there!) and there was no tables. We put the cake on the snooker table - luckily no one wanted a game! The pudding ordered was profiteroles so it was a bit of a surprise when we all got chocolate brownies, except my brother-in-law who was given a cheesecake! But, although we weren't impressed with the food or the service we had a good time nattering!