Summer 2018 Chat Line | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

herringthorpe

Alert Team
Staff member
Well summer came yesterday - it was very warm in the sun at Wigan. Unfortunately we were in the shade, so glad I took my coat!

Today, I thought I'd get some washing out! First time this year. Well I got it out but then we had a short sharp shower so it's back in the house again!

Met Bez in Rotherham today and after a cuppa in the Old Town Hall we went to Parkgate. Had lunch at M&S and then walked up one side, going in a few shops and crossed over and walked down the other side. Luckily the weather was good - though not as warm as I thought it was going to be.

She asked to be remembered to you, Sixpence! m She's fine. All her family are off to Hartlepool at the weekend an early celebration for her and G's Diamond Wedding!

I'm off to hairdressers today then to New York to renew my season ticket

Didn't see you! lol.
Went down to swop my season ticket to sit with my granddaughter on Saturday. Then over to Hemsworth to visit my ((93year old!) aunt.

Hartlepool - that's not a place often spoken of in the same breath as 'celebration'!

LOL re the Hartlepool celebration - you know Bez likes peculiar places!

I was there around lunch time. Forgot the fair was there so the other half had to park right down at the bottom and I had a long walk back! It would have been quicker going on the bus!!!

Hope you Aunt is OK.

By the way is it only me or does this Clarks ad that keeps appearing at the side send you dizzy???

My sister and I went to see my godmother yesterday - she's ninety this coming week - took cards and flowers. She wasn't in! Doh. I did try twice to 'phone before we went but it just kept making a strange sound so we took the chance.

She doesn't live too far from me so at least we had a nice walk back then sat in the garden has summer seems to have arrived - I even washed my 'big jumpers' to put away!

I have my oldest granddaughter here for the weekend while Mum and Dad have a weekend away. First time she has slept here without them.

You'll have a great time!

Hope the sun comes back out - it's a bit cloudy at the moment.

Have you seen that the forecast is for snow again later in the week??!!

It is Autumn here and we have you on the summer thread instead of spring.
The two of you are messing with me.

And have we all gone back to our old words at the bottom of our posts???

Sorry with messing with you Oz! We have to take summer when we can here!

Must agree with you Ozi, I was surprised to see the word summer in April!
However as Caz says we have to grab it while it's here.

Yes, old words but happy about that. Quite appropriate at the moment!

They are Sixpence!

I hadn't even thought of it when I replaced spring with summer to be honest. We don't seem to have seasons anymore do we!

Been for a wander round Meadowhall this morning - had almost decided to take myself off to the pictures when I started with a migraine so it was a quick walk to the bus station and home. The flashing lights had just about gone when I got home so I just had an hour on settee and I was fine. Leaves my eyes a bit tired though.

Had migraine a lot when I was younger but thankfully very very seldom nowadays so you have my sympathy Caz.
Terrible weather here at the moment, cold and windy with heavy rain. Preparing us for our winter I suppose. Garden is loving it.

Much cooler and very wet here today. Just about recovered from a hectic but enjoyable weekend.

Glad you had a great weekend,, Sixpence with your granddaughter. I'm off to Newcastle at the weekend for my granddaughters second birthday - just family at their house. We were hoping to get out in the garden but the weather up there isn't promising.

Re the migraines, I started having them when I was about 17 and had started working under fluorescent lights although I found out afterwards that was just a coincidence. I have a friend who used to spend at least 3 days a fortnight in bed with them, well I've never had them that badly. She went to meetings at hospitals and one of they stopped her eating certain things to find out what it was and she got tablets for it and has been fine for over twenty years. While she was doing this I tried the same thing and found out that bananas were something I ate when I had a migraine - not every time, but a lot. So I stopped eating them and although I do still have the flashing lights they don't last as long. Trouble is I've made myself now have an allergy to bananas and we went a few years ago to a plantation. In one part of it within a minute of walking through I was covered in itchy blisters - banana palms! I don't do anything about it, it's not life threatening. I had a migraine on holiday - twenty minutes or so (but that was probably tiredness, sun, drink) and then this one a month later.

On the weather been to Morrisons with a friend this morning and then to mother-in-laws to do her some sweeping, mopping and hoovering. Tomorrow we are meeting friends in Sheffield so I'm hoping the weather is going to be OK.