Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 4 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

We need to defend until the end, Oz - and not go to sleep straight after we've scored! Thanks for the good luck!

Didn't see Mos, but the wheelchairs etc were saw away from where we were. I'm going to see if I can get hold of his son on facebook (which means having to find someone who actually knows his name as I've forgotten!)

Overcast but the sun looks like its on its way out - not as warm today as of late.

They have been burning bush so there is less chance of major fire next summer.
Lots of smoke around though which is quite uncomfortable especially for folk with chest problems.
Hope they finish soon

I live very near allotments and we have smoke every night at this time of year - well quite a lot throughout the year. I forgot last night and left the washing out a bit late - used a tin of spray to try and get the smell off it.

Suns out again so more washing on the line!

Used to go to the allotments with my dad when I was a boy. Good memories of tea and bread in the old shed. Can still smell it !

I don't think they do that anymore!

When we first moved in here in 1978 they used to sell some of the things they had grown. There was one man who used to ask if it was OK to park on our drive (before we had a car) and he used to pay us in cauliflowers and cabbages. He even looked after the house if we went away.

Nipped into town this morning - well, it's more than nipping when you go on the bus that arrived at our stop ten minutes late and was held up all the way going back into town. Had a look round the market and another couple of shops, bought some new cut-offs and a couple of tops (as you do - I had a voucher burning a hole in my pocket!). Wound my way round the roadworks to get back to the new bus station, the bus was in so jumped on - got home and remembered I was going to book an appointment for an eye test (been doing this for weeks now) and forgot! Decided I'd 'phone but the 'phone's been red hot since I got back and haven't had time!

We don't get them anymore.

The other half has a friend who has his own allotment and we sometimes get his surpass, but as we don't know when or what we find it difficult to judge what to buy!

Well it's been a bit like that here too! Though we haven't had a lot of sun. I was frozen at the match last night. It was lovely when I left the house so only took a little jacket (this isn't like me at all!) and before half-time people were donning hats, scarves and gloves!

Well, Oz, you know what they say about casting clouts in May!

Nice and sunny again today - not been outside yet though! We are, the weathermen say, going to have a scorcher of a week!

Asda calls!

Lovely day today - had an hour sat in the back garden talking to the neighbours. Got a quiet week this coming week - though I often say that and end up dashing from here to there!

Good idea, Oz.

Another superb day here today - the other half had a meeting this morning so I had to wait in for the Green Thumb man (who we've been expecting for over two months but for one reason and another he hasn't made it) to do the 'spring treatment' on the grass. It actually takes us longer to open the garage and move things to the side than it does for him to do it. Other half was back for 1230 but I was feeling lazy and couldn't be bothered to get changed and go out then - the Green Thumb man came at 3pm!

I was woken up this morning with a text message from my cousin to let me know she and her husband were getting ready to board there plane for ???????
I was really pleased she thought to waken me up to tell me. Lol

LOL - great idea by them!

That's why I switch my phone to silent when I go to bed! I have a friend who is an early riser and often texts me jokes or daft things very early!

Had a a few days doing Grandma duties whilst my son in law was doing a sponsored cycle ride from London to Edinburgh.
Then a wonderful holiday in Canada.
Home now, but off again - I wonder where???? - I may have missed the play off games but have my ticket for Wembley!!

Welcome back Sue, glad you had a good time and arrived home safe.

Last of the good weather here for a while. Clouds gathering and storms to begin tomorrow.

Pleased you had a super time, Sixpence. Will look out for you at Wembley. Have your tickets arrived or do you have to collect them at the stadium?

Was cloudy and cool here this morning too Oz but the sun is now shining brightly. Need to get the plants watered again tonight.

Had the day at Kelham Island - went on the bus - another of those places I thought I'd been but hadn't. The other half went a few years ago but to a Folk Festival so not exactly in the museum, which is a lot bigger than we thought. £5 each and enjoyed it and would recommend it.

http://www.simt.co.uk/kelham-island-museum