Summer 2018 Chat Line | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer 2018 Chat Line

Nipped into town - to look at the temporary bus station - it was flooded! Think it's going to take some getting used to. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if it finished Rotherham off all together.

It's like everything different isn't it, teething problems (look at Vital! mind I'm still having teething problems with this!) Rotherham, as a town, isn't doing so well - the big malls like Meadowhall and even the open-aired mall of Parkgate (which all of the shops in Rotherham moved to, which is a mile or so out of town) have taken their toll on our town centre. And with the bus station as it is I think people will probably just say, b*gg*r it and go there, especially in the winter.

Rotherham used to be such a nice little town. My other half's relations from West Yorkshire used to love to come shopping here. We had our own shops plus the big ones too. I suppose supermarkets haven't helped - we've got three major ones all within a 5 minutes drive from the town centre.

Our Deli’s are struggling now. To stay profitable they have had to raise their prices which isn’t helping their customers to remain faithful to them.

Vicious circle isn't it. No one goes so prices go up so less people go so prices rise again.

Lovely day here today - threatening a lovely bank holiday!

Bit windy here with rainy periods. Barney lying by my feet and I’m having a cup of tea. Very enjoyable.

Another lovely day here! Sat out for an hour this morning. Came in when it got a bit too hot. It's the Rotherham 10k run today - phew!

Sure does keep you fit Caz!
Where is Sue and how does she do? Hope she is keeping fine.
Had a lovely walk with Barney today, sun shining and quite a fresh wind.
Thinking of painting one of the gates later.

As far as I know she's OK - been doing her grandma thing!

Another nice day - not as warm and a bit of a breeze. Me and the other half went to Harewood House - about an hour away. One of those places I always think I've been to but hadn't. Enjoyed it. Had a walk around the gardens and the bird garden, saw some very colourful birds and also some penguins. Went round the house which was very interesting, more history to fill my brain (which I forget five minutes after I've left). Had lunch then another walk around before coming home before the traffic built up.

My sister came for an hour tonight.

A friend died suddenly a coupe of weeks ago and going to his funeral tomorrow.

Sorry to hear about your friend.
Good to hear about Sue.
Big rise in temp today to 30c and same tomorrow. Quite unusual for this time of the year.
These types of houses are always full of interesting things and after dogs my favourite things are birds.
Barney and I feed them every morning down at th e park as we pass through.

He - last time I spoke to him he couldn't get on vital, it's just after we'd changed it all. Not seen him since and not sure how to contact him. I think he probably hasn't tried since. Hopefully will see him this weekend if he managed to get a ticket to Scunny.

There were loads of birds - water birds like ducks and fowl - just wandering around and there were some in massive cages.

Good to know he’s fine anyway.
Watched the game last night between your Millers and Scunthorpe.
You played very well and didn’t deserve that bit of bad luck at the end.
Too bad really.
Best of luck with the rest of the games.