Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 35 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Too far in all game yesterday he was wide open for that ball over the top all game, even after they'd already done him for the goal
No one else we play this season will exploit width with the quality of Man City so he wont have to cope with that again. Extreme circumstances yesterday. He does lack defensively sometimes but he gets the nod over anything else we have in that position, Hause is squad at best. Do we need to mention Taylor?

don't need the quality of City to exploit the space & disorganisation though sadly.

If the season plays to it's conclusion then ~ 10 pts from what we have left which won't be enough.
Covid 19 might be our best hope in the relegation battle.
(Swiss have suspended their league til the end of March today)

Sturridge has just terminated his contract in Turkey. Now I was against paying any money for him in Jan but a contract to the end of the season and use as an impact sub. Surely he could stay fit enough for that restricted role.
I wouldn't touch Sturridge with yours. The Turks are cutting him loose because he is an expensive waste of space.

Non-starter anyway - the lad is banned from football until June, hence his hasty departure from Trabzonspor.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...bzonspor-contract-terminated-after-six-months

If Douglas Luiz scored in that spurs game and made it 2 nil (how did he miss that). We would not be here. But football dont work like that.
If I was dean smith I would tell grealish to be seriously selfish and play like he is the only man on the pitch.

Not sure where to put this and didn't want to start a new thread.

The club is looking to recruit stewards and security staff if anyone is interested.

Now I met someone a few months ago who is a supervisor and get £62 a match, the mere mortals will be on less but I'm sure you get over £40 a game.

Might be of interest to some of you who can't get tickets?

Unless we can start winning more frequently we are down. That probably sounds obvious and it is , but relying on others screwing up really isn't an option. I repeat, Something has to change

Our away game with Newcastle that was meant to be on 21st March has now been postponed because they'll be playing in the FA Cup that weekend. There's a possibility that Man United at home could be moved as well if they get to the semis, and Liverpool away because of the Champions League scheduling. We could be facing a right fixture pile-up!

Our away game with Newcastle that was meant to be on 21st March has now been postponed because they'll be playing in the FA Cup that weekend. There's a possibility that Man United at home could be moved as well if they get to the semis, and Liverpool away because of the Champions League scheduling. We could be facing a right fixture pile-up!
Good news in terms of getting McGinnn back

we have some pretty good players amongst the squad but i think he main problem is there not managed or coached in the way thats needed for the prem
iv said i before and will say it again i fail to see what terry is bringing to the table and think he would do better if he got his boots back on and led from the pitch .im sure some of our players would learn more that way
as for smith yes no one wants to do well as a villa manager than him but i think he lacks what it takes at this level .im sure he still doent know what system to use or what players to pick from one week to the next .i think we missed a trick by not asking big sam to come in and help out

All of the teams around us have had spells of form where as ours starts this weekend. Three or four wins on the bounce and we'll be laughing.

How do people think this team compares to our last relegation season? I’d say there’s little in it other than Jack and the generally better standard of goalkeeping.

That team was rubbish from back to front. This team has a lot of players in it that have shown quality in patches over the season. Samata has goals in him, that's important. Losing two of our best players was a huge blow. Getting McGinn back is a big deal.

How do people think this team compares to our last relegation season? I’d say there’s little in it other than Jack and the generally better standard of goalkeeping.

In terms of spirit there's no comparison; we've had a few matches where we didn't turn up but that team flopped game after game. The PL has got harder but we're still in with a good chance of avoiding relegation; that team was finished by February. Quality wise I think this team forms a base on which to build; that team didn't. That team had some good individuals who've gone on to establish themselves at PL level, e.g. Gueye and Ayew, but as it a team it didn't function.

I said the very same thing to someone the other day, take Jack away and at times we look as toothless and gutless as we did the year we went down. They better put in a blood and guts performance on Monday or they can all fuck off.

I prefer the owners and management team by far. I'm also a big fan of Heaton, Mings, Grealish and McGinn. I think a 2020 aston villa vs relegation aston villa match, 2020 wins hands down no competition.

Good lord anyone who thinks the shower of 2015/2016 were better than the current squad either didn't go to any games that year or is attempting to be controversial.

First of all we've more points already than that team got all season. Secondly the overall quality of the league is higher now than then. Thirdly I don't doubt the commitment of this squad, coaching staff or ownership like I did back then.

Football is about opinions of course but in my opinion anyone who would rather go and watch the class of 2016 over the current bunch is a moron. Not even a comparison.

Good lord anyone who thinks the shower of 2015/2016 were better than the current squad either didn't go to any games that year or is attempting to be controversial.

First of all we've more points already than that team got all season. Secondly the overall quality of the league is higher now than then. Thirdly I don't doubt the commitment of this squad, coaching staff or ownership like I did back then.

Football is about opinions of course but in my opinion anyone who would rather go and watch the class of 2016 over the current bunch is a moron. Not even a comparison.
And we had won more games by Christmas than the 2016 squad won all season.