Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 34 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

Really looking forward to today now.
No other thought today or dwelling on what has been and gone . 100 per cent focused on supporting the team and manager

I'll be supporting whatever 'dross' is playing for our wonderful club today at Wembley. Including the manager who is one of us, leading us to promotion leading us to wembley again. Instead of bitching that he should gone months ago .
Doom and gloom is for another day , or post match .
Good for you superfan 😉

Please keep that optimism for the Cup Final thread, we’re entitled to be miserable and pessimistic on this one 😩

Right, back to the real business of this season.

Time to sort this relegation bollox out.

It's balls to the wall now.

Time for some big dick energy.

We've got 11 games to get 15 points. We need to pull our balls out and shove them in Leicester's faces or something like that.

We mainly bought Championship skill level players when you needed better quality for the Premier League.

Therefore you need these players to give 100% effort in every game all over the pitch to compensate for the lack of quality just like Wilder demands at Sheffield United and play a system that suits the squad of players available.

We have bought badly during the summer transfer window with a collection of players brought together but then allowed to turn up for games only when they want to.

In my book that's bad management from the guy that on behalf of the club, sought them out and bad management from Dean Smith and his coaching staff who are unable to get them playing with the required effort and tactical planning for every game.

And let's not let Purslow get away from any blame when it was he that oversaw this failure.

I keep on hearing that all our remaining games are as Dean Smith says "Cup Finals" - It's a shame he and the players didn't think like that from the very start of the season and collectively, they made better and suitable plans for the club to stay in the Premier League.

I bet successful business-men and winners like Nassef Sawiris & Wes Edens aren't impressed?

Last edited:
So before Bournemouth I predicted that we would get 15 points from the remaining games to finish on 40. Currently we are -1 vs my prediction -->
I thought we'd lose to TOT & draw against Bournemouth.

Questions:
Am I being too hard on us?
Would 40 points be enough to be safe ?

Still to go:
Lose to: Tottenham, Southampton, Leicester, L'pool, Everton,
Draw with: Bourn, Chel, New, Man U, Arse, WHU
Win: Sheff Utd, Wolves, Palace

Just to go back to this. Befor the Bournemouth game I predicted we would get 15 points from the rest of the season, and actually we are still on course for 14 (leaving us on 39). Weather that is enough is another question.

New version still to go:
Lose to: Leicester, L'pool, Everton, Chel, Utd, Arse
Draw with: Newc, WHU,

Leaving us on 36...

Its gonna be a bum squeaker of a season!

Just to go back to this. Befor the Bournemouth game I predicted we would get 15 points from the rest of the season, and actually we are still on course for 14 (leaving us on 39). Weather that is enough is another question.

New version still to go:

Leaving us on 36...

just did this predictor for the bottom 8 teams and I have it down for us needing to beat WHU on the last day to stay up. :rolleyes:

https://www.leaguetablecalculator.com/

Sturridge has just terminated his contract in Turkey. Now I was against paying any money for him in Jan but a contract to the end of the season and use as an impact sub. Surely he could stay fit enough for that restricted role.

Sturridge has just terminated his contract in Turkey. Now I was against paying any money for him in Jan but a contract to the end of the season and use as an impact sub. Surely he could stay fit enough for that restricted role.

I don't see him as a battler though, he makes elGhazi look tough

I don't see him as a battler though, he makes elGhazi look tough

Indeed he is not going to put himself on the line for anyone. He might suddenly be able to play more games with a pay as you play type deal. I would feel a lot more optimistic bringing him off the bench as a goal threat if we need something than Baston.

New version still to go:

Leaving us on 36...

There are no certs, win or lose. Liverpool is the only team I'd say we're very unlikely to beat. Leicester, Chelsea are having mini slumps, Everton, MU and Arsenal are improving but unevenly. We will get chances; we have to take them.

So much negativity bloody hell. Play like we did yesterday and we stay up regardless of the opposition.

We lose a cup final to a dodgy corner that never should have been against a 1 billion pound team and everyone loses their minds.

We are going back to 4 at the back according to Dean, thank god.

We have McGinn back soon and Samatta is an improvement on Wesley.

We will finish the season stronger than we started it, and I'm not going to let anyone tell me otherwise.

Targett is the best of our left backs, bit weak defensively sometimes but theres no one else I want to see playing there.