Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 49 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

I see an article this morning where Liverpool and Man Utd insisting on relegation being included in any deal to get the season finished. If this is the case could it be argued that Utd have a vested interest in Villa going down, as this would possibly reduce Jack's valuation, they have been chasing him all season according to all and sundry ???

It's probably just because they are safe from it, they are that up themselves.
I'm sure if there was a vote from all clubs ST holders and players the season would be called off except for those two clubs

It's probably just because they are safe from it, they are that up themselves.
I'm sure if there was a vote from all clubs ST holders and players the season would be called off except for those two clubs

Manure need the season to finish so that they can attempt to get into the CL.

I see an article this morning where Liverpool and Man Utd insisting on relegation being included in any deal to get the season finished.

Why is this not surprising, the 2 most scummy, corrupt and plastic teams want us relegated, they really don't want Villa back in the big time do they! and as someone has said both have a vested interest in us going down so wouldn't surprise me at all if this is a motivation for their stance. If they want to go about it like that then I'm even more for calling the season void, no one gets bugger all we simply restart the season back to 0 and now tbh after their input I hope the season is cancelled just so those plastic twats don't get the title and Manure they can have their champions league spot, they'll just be knocked out of it anyway.

I don't understand why we are angry at others, as to how the league works. If we get enough points, we stay up, if we don't, we go down. If the league is cancelled and null/void we stay up. If it is cancelled and it is done on merit, we go down.

That isn't down to any other club, scummy or not.

I don't get the anger here, it would be our fault, no one else's.

I don't understand why we are angry at others, as to how the league works. If we get enough points, we stay up, if we don't, we go down. If the league is cancelled and null/void we stay up. If it is cancelled and it is done on merit, we go down.

That isn't down to any other club, scummy or not.

I don't get the anger here, it would be our fault, no one else's.

I agree it would be our own fault but it's always those 2 clubs who will go against the grain just to suit themselves. No title for Liverpool would be karma for getting English teams banned from Europe.

Or always those two clubs quoted, because they are amongst the/or are the biggest?

And personally (!) I don't think karma gives a flying **** about football. (Same as when the UFC fighters thank God for their wins, I'm quite sure 'God' isn't that bothered who elbows the other in the face most successfully!) ... But as I've said a few times recently, they weren't alone back in those days, not being angels, they suffered the most for what happened, and the facilities back then were a disgrace/accident waiting to happen. If it wasn't them, it would have been another club. There for the grace of whatever the thing you believe in, go all of us ?!

Or always those two clubs quoted, because they are amongst the/or are the biggest?

And personally (!) I don't think karma gives a flying **** about football. (Same as when the UFC fighters thank God for their wins, I'm quite sure 'God' isn't that bothered who elbows the other in the face most successfully!) ... But as I've said a few times recently, they weren't alone back in those days, not being angels, they suffered the most for what happened, and the facilities back then were a disgrace/accident waiting to happen. If it wasn't them, it would have been another club. There for the grace of whatever the thing you believe in, go all of us ?!

I don't think it's coincidence that Liverpool were there at both occasions. With regards to man u, it's all about the clauses in their commercial deals.

The thing that would piss me off most if they halted the season and we were sent down on some contrived points average stunt, is the fact that this doesn't take into account the refereeing errors that have cost us points. Step forward your "Friend" and mine and the bloke who reffed the Arsenal game. I'm sure those with a better and more bitter memory than mine can think of a few more examples where we were robbed of at least a point. I've never believed that these things even themselves out over a season, let alone a truncated season.
Somebody will probably come on now and give examples of games where we got a massive game changing decision in our favour. And I know we've contributed to our own downfall at times. But...!

The thing that would piss me off most if they halted the season and we were sent down on some contrived points average stunt, is the fact that this doesn't take into account the refereeing errors that have cost us points. Step forward your "Friend" and mine and the bloke who reffed the Arsenal game. I'm sure those with a better and more bitter memory than mine can think of a few more examples where we were robbed of at least a point. I've never believed that these things even themselves out over a season, let alone a truncated season.
Somebody will probably come on now and give examples of games where we got a massive game changing decision in our favour. And I know we've contributed to our own downfall at times. But...!
I still maintain they will not send us or anyone else down on points average.
They wouldnt dare. They might float the idea, as they may already have done just to test the water, but they wont do it.
The litigation would go on for years.

Sell a couple of pla
Not very, until Wes and Nas lose interest. Then we're in the shite, I would imagine.
Sell a couple of players and we start again...I think. If our concentration is on youth (again) then we need to bring some through, though I'm not aware that other than Ramsay and maybe Barry (but too soon?) we have that many good to go. Someone who knows football better than me told me that O'Hare is great for 5 a-side but not much else. I always rated him, but I liked Audrey too but he was crap for Tranmere.

I don't think it's coincidence that Liverpool were there at both occasions. With regards to man u, it's all about the clauses in their commercial deals.

Of course, they are a business.

And I think you're of an age (I could be wrong) to remember the rambshackle facilities and the fact we were caged like animals. But hey, that is a whole new debate.

Purslow has said it will cost £200m if we go down, it's just not an option, is it.

It's money we won't get which we otherwise would get. It's not like we shell out £200m. I'd be surprised if relegation isn't already catered for. I suspect what we paid out last summer was what promotion was worth to us, so we don't have a massive debt. We spent next to nothing in January.

Relegation affects who we can sign and for how much. But we'd still be in a relatively good position by Championship standards.

Nice to see Purslow worried about relegation all of a sudden and his comment about us priding ourselves on home form was amusing. To be honest we deserve to go down and I wouldn't be too bothered. I haven't really enjoyed our return to the narcissistic circus that they call the "Premier League".