Staying Up Thread 2019/20 | Page 48 | Vital Football

Staying Up Thread 2019/20

As I said earlier this week I wouldn't put it past the people that run the Premier League to award Liverpool as the champions and relegate the current bottom 3....Bournemouth, Aston Villa (even with a game in hand) & Norwich.

They will do anything to ensure they don't financially lose out however that will also apply to the bottom 3 so I hope we have a good barrister ready.

What a mess the whole thing is but at the end of the day, it's peoples good health that's most important followed very closely by Aston Villa not being relegated;)

Last edited:
As I said earlier this week I wouldn't put it past the people that run the Premier League to award Liverpool as the champions and relegate the current bottom 3....Bournemouth, Aston Villa (even with a game in hand) & Norwich.

They will do anything to ensure they don't financially lose out however that will also apply to the bottom 3 so I hope we have a good barrister ready.

What a mess the whole thing is but at the end of the day, it's peoples good health that's most important followed very closely by Aston Villa not being relegated;)
Liverpool as champions yes, the relegation spots are another story, especially as we have a game in hand., and Bournemouth have only just dropped into it.
I dont think the Premier League have the guts for the fight.

Don't think the heads have gone. Leicester was no worse than what Leicester did to us in December and we recovered from that. They certainly hadn't given up in the cup final.

I do wonder if we aren't very good playing away matches in miserable weather conditions, enough to tip the balance. Applies to Bournemouth, Southampton and Leicester.

Their heads went after the Tottenham game, losing by the odd goal is now seen as a victory by some of the players.
You can't just switch apathy on and off 90% of people can't, once you are resigned to something that's it. Yes they can come on Social media and spout positive things however most of it is bravado and hollow words.

Could you see our owners, or those of Bournemouth and Norwich taking that without some form of legal action though? Especially as we've played a game less than those around us. There's still a chance that all 3 teams currently in the bottom 3 could stay up.

Could you see our owners, or those of Bournemouth and Norwich taking that without some form of legal action though? Especially as we've played a game less than those around us. There's still a chance that all 3 teams currently in the bottom 3 could stay up.

No. That's why I also said I hope we have got a really good barrister ready to fight our corner if needed?

Apparently theres a meeting Thursday to discuss what happens if the season cant finish. Bloke on sky has just said the probable outcome would be to award liverpool the title, have a 22 team league next year with noone relegated.

Apparently theres a meeting Thursday to discuss what happens if the season cant finish. Bloke on sky has just said the probable outcome would be to award liverpool the title, have a 22 team league next year with noone relegated.
I'm really liking the sound of this.

Brady going for the season null & void - unusually she's right on this.

Maybe give the dippers a little cup or summat - like a clubman of the year award
but of course officially they aren't winners - can't imagine any decent human being would think that's not entirely fair and just.

So season could be cancelled. Liverpool allowed title. NO relegation.
Top 2 in championship allowed to be promoted. 22 team premier league next year with League Cup cancelled and 5 to be relegated.
(Daily Mail)

A variation on that is top 2 in Championship promoted the following year as well and 4 relegated.

I suspect cancelling both cups might be needed.

All a guessing game at the moment. They will delay making decisions until it is possible to play, or impossible to finish the league. No-one has a clue how this will pan out.

No . And it is why the 22 team option is a non starter because it ignores the third promotion place from the championship .

Every team in the play off mix would be taking legal action. And that is alot of teams that can make a claim of being in the mix. Small Heath are in 16th but are 9 points off 6th.

Yeah but that's hardly insurmountable is it with the games left to play.

And looking, it's then only 18 points between 1st and 11th.

I take your point on more clear cut though as at least they have all played the same number of games - and Merse definitely has a point there when it comes to us I think.

Jesus, actually, sorry this needs mentioning.

Me and McP may finally disagree on something. I've changed my mind, that's a horseman thing.

giphy.webp

I see an article this morning where Liverpool and Man Utd insisting on relegation being included in any deal to get the season finished. If this is the case could it be argued that Utd have a vested interest in Villa going down, as this would possibly reduce Jack's valuation, they have been chasing him all season according to all and sundry ???