Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide! | Page 9 | Vital Football

Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide!

I met Chris Sutton once. I told him I remembered his last premier league goal. He looked at me a bit miffed. I followed it up with a “GWAN THE VILLA!” and he laughed

Well we have slagged off the pundits for daring to say we would struggle, but unfortunately they are the ones laughing atm.

I know it's early days but most of these signings are looking like the ones we signed last time we went down.

We are in the bottom 3 and a few more performances like today will see us there for the foreseeable future.

I know it's early days but most of these signings are looking like the ones we signed last time we went down.

We are in the bottom 3 and a few more performances like today will see us there for the foreseeable future.

1. Disagree completely.

2. Agree (obviously)

This team has a lot more about it than the team that went down.

Well we have slagged off the pundits for daring to say we would struggle, but unfortunately they are the ones laughing atm.

Please Fulford.....comparing this set up to the absolute shambles of 2015.....after 4 games.....oh my God I'm off to bed.

I’ve got to admit I’m quite surprised at how athletic, strong and quick the other teams are. Compared to the championship the established premier teams are light years ahead. We have fallen behind a bit with our time in the lower league. I’m hoping our guys can step up to the challenge and once they get used to the physicality, fitness and strength required we can get there.

Never subscribed to lower level premier league being equal to top EFL.

Nothing has changed my mind .

Really don't know what some are watching when they say such things .

We are a new team having to adapt that but for a cheating villa hater would now be 12th in the league. We have to find 10 wins and five draws from this season which would allow for 19 more defeats, 38 points, we have 3 points from 4 games. At the half way mark 19 points from 19 games so can we take 16 from the next 15 games? 4th from bottom was always the target and remains so.

I’ve got to admit I’m quite surprised at how athletic, strong and quick the other teams are. Compared to the championship the established premier teams are light years ahead. We have fallen behind a bit with our time in the lower league. I’m hoping our guys can step up to the challenge and once they get used to the physicality, fitness and strength required we can get there.

Same for me AMS78, whilst we were in the Championship I had no interest in the Premier league and didn't watch a single game for 3 years. Whilst we were in the Championship a number of posters on this site said there was nothing between the lower Prem teams and the top Championship teams.

The reality is that the gulf is huge. I have been startled at the difference experienced in terms of skill and speed in the Prem.

We are a new team having to adapt that but for a cheating villa hater would now be 12th in the league. We have to find 10 wins and five draws from this season which would allow for 19 more defeats, 38 points, we have 3 points from 4 games. At the half way mark 19 points from 19 games so can we take 16 from the next 15 games? 4th from bottom was always the target and remains so.
I think we should be looking at 42 points

Same for me AMS78, whilst we were in the Championship I had no interest in the Premier league and didn't watch a single game for 3 years. Whilst we were in the Championship a number of posters on this site said there was nothing between the lower Prem teams and the top Championship teams.

The reality is that the gulf is huge. I have been startled at the difference experienced in terms of skill and speed in the Prem.

Just wait until we play Cit€h and the plop.

(a) a lot of pundits have said we have the necessary to succeed.

(b) we're a win off 6th place.

(c) if we'd had the draw we were robbed of yesterday we'd be at least 12th

And it's time to wallow in doom and gloom? :lol:

We will need more than 38 points to stay up.

We've entered one of the strongest premier leagues I have seen in years. There's no dead cert to go down based on these early games, I thought Sheffield would struggle but they're superb, I still think Norwich will struggle because as i predicted they can't keep goals out of their own net, but surprisingly they're still scoring a good few.

Newcastle look like they've got enough to stay up. This is such a competitive league for once.

We will need more than 38 points to stay up.

I don't think that will be true. The league looks so competitive currently, not a single club who seems they'll be cut adrift and only City and Liverpool streets ahead of the rest. Therefore, everyone will be taking points off everyone else which surely will mean the points required to survive will be lower?