Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide! | Page 10 | Vital Football

Staying Up, Going Down, You Decide!

Of course we're staying up. We're only 2 points behind Man United with another beautiful night game under the VP lights coming up next. No worries.

I don't think that will be true. The league looks so competitive currently, not a single club who seems they'll be cut adrift and only City and Liverpool streets ahead of the rest. Therefore, everyone will be taking points off everyone else which surely will mean the points required to survive will be lower?
Id say the opposite. Less points needed to win the league, more points needed to stay up in a more even league.

Sheff utd have momentum from last season, they will slow down, we have to stay in touch and if at 19 games in we have 19 points I think we will survive.

I can honestly say I'm not contemplated relegation once. We're far too good for that. We'll be comfortably mid table.

Think this season in the PL won't be much different from last. 36 points should just about be enough to stay up.

For an awful lot of last season it was hard to tell who'd occupy the 3rd PL relegation slot; could have been any from the bottom half of the table. It was only near the end that a few started pulling away and the number of candidates dropped. Expect the same this season. Fulham and Huddersfield were nailed on relegation candidates fairly early on; I don't see the same happening this year. Us, Norwich and Sheffield U will have ups and downs, but I reckon we'll all get enough points to not be cast adrift.

At this stage in the season nothing can be predicted. The same will probably apply at the halfway stage. As for us, I'm not worried. I think this team is good enough to compete.

Yet another clever thing that Dean has done is to build a big squad. If you look at teams like Sheffield United and Norwich they have only added a few players; all well and good until injuries and suspensions start kicking in about December.

I think we'll stay up but it won't be comfortable in anyway shape or form and I think the owners expect this. As long as we're better than 3 of the below we should be good.

- Sheff Utd will cause lots of issues for other teams and I think it comes down to whether Wilder adapts when teams start to figure them out. They have a unique style which Wilder acknowledged can leave the backdoor open.
- Norwich I dont think they have the ability in the squad but they are not disjointed like we currently are, I expect our problems to wash away in the next 10-12 games.
- Brighton I just expect to flop and struggle I cannot see them scoring much more than they did last season and they wont be better defensively
- Watford are a decent side and I expect them to dust themselves off and start playing better
- Newcastle Bruce will do a job its just whether he can outperform 3 other teams. I feel like the rock bottom expectations will eventually consume them and they'll go down.

Southampton, Bournemouth and Wolves should do well enough to at least just be on the periphery of the battle between what I think will be the bottom six (incl. us).

Norwich are full of jizz at the moment, scoring goals and losing. Eventually, the fun of losing in the PL will wear off and they will struggle.

As for us, we have a lot of quality in the side but we need time to find out footing in the PL. There have been a lot of good performances and one bad one. Even in the bad one, we had enough quality on the bench to change the game in our favour and should have got a draw.

Keep the faith, brothers.

I've always thought that one of the differences between a good manager and a bad one is the ability to turn around a losing team. DOL and Sherwood were great as long as we were winning but once results started going against us, they were lost at sea. MON could always turn around a bad patch and get the team going again. Smith is the same.

for a team that let's be honest, worked a miracles to get in the playoffs then win it, well to even be talking about staying up or going down,, in the biggest league in football still puts a smile on my face.
Just like when I see Trump or Bojo on the Tv.
Things just seem surreal at times.
We have a good squad depth to cover all positions with young players that are looking good prospects.
We dont have any overhyped has been like last time in the prem and most importantly, a coach who likes to play a brand of football we all wanted.
We will be more than fine.
once the cold kicks in and injury happens to other clubs players as mentioned, we will hold our own.enjoy the ride, don't get too stressed, this journey will be a rollercoaster that we shouldn't in all logic , be on.

Not buying another striker was a bit strange during the spending spree, hopefully it won't bite us on the arse.

Not buying another striker was a bit strange during the spending spree, hopefully it won't bite us on the arse.

That's assuming the one we did buy is any good, 4 games in and I'm not convinced by Wesley yet , not saying he's no good just that I haven't seen enough of him yet.
As yet he looks not better or worse than Koj and I think it's fair to say nobody thinks Koj is the man to fire us up the league.

Our midfield is the key this season finding that ball-winning player is vital as Jack and SJM are being trampled underfoot.
I've never been a fan of this 433 with two wide players, far to easy to isolate the striker as we've seen for years now but manager after manager persist with it.

Not as if our wingers are even proper wingers they all play on their wrong foot and cut inside so there are never going to be any traditional crosses coming in from the byline.

What's the answer, well I don't know except flood the midfield to avoid being overrun every game but Deano won't do that as he has a style he wants to play just don't think Jota ElGhazi and Trez will score enough goals to make it work

We as fans need to back them as we did against Everton and we will win enough games on emotion alone.
Get to January and address it then

It was.

And it will. Whether by us going down or being the difference between a squeaky bum survival and a comfortable one.

A big miss/oversight not getting one more striker in

I confidently predict we will finish between 8th and bottom. Get down the bookies. It's a cert.

It all depends where we are by the end Christmas. If we five or more points adrift I think we will go down. I’m going to have a look at the fixtures between now and then stick up what I think the results will be and possible tally by the New Year . I fully agree about the system and also the striking situation and also the part that we have to play

I'm sure Smith will adapt once he has assessed the strengths and weaknesses in the individuals. He has had losing streaks at Brentford before and come back stronger. We have one win under our belt at home and we need to maximise points gained at fortress Villa Park.

September 2019

West Ham United H - draw

Arsenal A - Lose

Burnley H - Win

October 2019

Norwich City A - Draw

Brighton H - Win

Man City A - Lose

November 2019

Liverpool H - Lose

Wolves A - Lose

Newcastle H - Draw

December 2019

Man Utd A - Lose

Chelsea A - Draw

Leicester City H - Win (my youngest is a mascot this game :bday::utv:)

Sheff Utd A - Draw

Southampton H - Win

Norwich City H - Win

Watford A - Win

Puts us on 26 points and 16th

Last edited: