Standing - Sit Down! | Page 9 | Vital Football

Standing - Sit Down!

Out of interest, do those of you that sit join in with the atmosphere? I’ve always found singing whilst sitting a really strange thing.

Football has always had an atmosphere that is different to any other sport. Villa park - when rocking - is up there as one of the greatest stadiums in the world, I would say (completely biased) that when we want to create an atmosphere we rival the media darlings that are Liverpool. Ajax, Blackburn, Blues, Everton - you all know which games I’m talking about.

As I’ve said, standing and atmosphere are relative. I feel for those of you that can’t stand anymore because of age or injury. Equally I want VP to retain its magic, because when it suits those of a certain age will post on here about how great the old Holte was and how bad the atmosphere has been over the years recently.

I want my son when he’s old enough to have similar experiences to the Ajax’s, Blackburns’ Everton’s etc above. And the majority of the 13k Holteenders and Lower North Standers stood pretty much all game for all of those.

Not sure they all stand at the international rugby but pretty sure they don't. The atmosphere can be amazing.

I love football, but I don't think it is unique, it is just important to us.

I do have to chuckle mate, I've never heard this thing about having to stand to sing. FFS, do you know nothing about Westlife (Or was it Boyzone!!!) and their stools?

Actually, I've just proved your point, damn!

I think the atmosphere at Villa is massively patchy and depends if we are playing ok btw. And as I said in this thread, it was pretty awful at times in the Championship, as were the stay-aways who have all of a sudden re-discovered their support for Villa (I have no clue wtf that is all about, really don't get that! I'd have even less time for them if they are now thinking they are hardcore and have to stand... they should have STOOD by their team in the bad times!)

I'm wondering if stewards being allowed to have truncheons just to lightly whack peoples knees so they have to sit might be the most logical way to deal with this?

I'm not talking about breaking legs, just cracking the knees.

:turtle:

:hammer:

I've taken legal advice about this and apparently it isn't allowed.

I mean, I was talking about multiple breaks or anything, just hairline fractures, but apparently even that wouldn't be legal.

I do have to chuckle mate, I've never heard this thing about having to stand to sing. FFS, do you know nothing about Westlife (Or was it Boyzone!!!) and their stools?
I know nothing of Westlife's stools and furthermore I don't wish to know anything about them.

Out of interest, do those of you that sit join in with the atmosphere? I’ve always found singing whilst sitting a really strange thing.

I've sit and sung loads of times! I do agree that it does feel a bit weird, but that's only because everyone gets fed the line that you can't create an atmosphere while sitting.

Although, now I'm in the Trinity it'll be harder to sing in a place where less people contribute, so that's one singer you've lost! ;)

Whether it’s allowed or not I can tell you now me and dan will be standing in L8 on Monday evening, not because we want to but because we have to because everyone else does, if we sit we won’t see the game. Besides the point anyway as I’m happy to stand but just saying if we wanted to, we couldn’t!

Not sure they all stand at the international rugby but pretty sure they don't. The atmosphere can be amazing.

I love football, but I don't think it is unique, it is just important to us.

Actually, I've just proved your point, damn!

I think the colonoscopy sorted that out .

Whether it’s allowed or not I can tell you now me and dan will be standing in L8 on Monday evening, not because we want to but because we have to because everyone else does, if we sit we won’t see the game. Besides the point anyway as I’m happy to stand but just saying if we wanted to, we couldn’t!

You've just made the point for me. You'll stand because you have no choice, because everyone else does, doesn't mean that everyone wants to.

But as said, I wasn't actually singling out L8, I was saying it has grown throughout the ground and the club are getting more and more complaints, for what is going on this season.

You've just made the point for me. You'll stand because you have no choice, because everyone else does, doesn't mean that everyone wants to.

But as said, I wasn't actually singling out L8, I was saying it has grown throughout the ground and the club are getting more and more complaints, for what is going on this season.
Do you know is this just a Villa Park thing or are you getting reports from other clubs with regard to standing.

Growing problem for authorities in football in general wittonite. Not just Villa.
Its good that it is not just Villa, because a collective problem will require a collective solution.
If it was just us it diminishes leverage to get safe standing, but with all clubs involved it presents more of a united front.