🚺 Spurs Women | Page 140 | Vital Football

🚺 Spurs Women

Just watched the whole game again and I will admit I was a bit harsh on Neville who actually got better as the game went on but when you have Grant on the bench it annoys me big time when she clearly is a better player.

I still stand by my judgement on Naz Summanen and Graham and will let some slack on Spencer (but I still say Vitikova is better and cannot understand why RV wont pick her - there must be something going on behind the scenes in the relationship between them)

How they can give Naz the player of the match is beyond me (goal scorer or not) it should have gone to Beth for leading and being anywhere and everywhere - she was awesome.

Why he took Clinton and Nilden off fazes me .... why o why? u can clearly see in their faces they were both amazed by the decision

Spence did well but again and she also looked mad when brought off as to thinking why me? and so did Bizet when others were so poor ... sometimes I just dont get his thinking but maybe Jepson is pulling strings in his mind as he was often talking to her.

One thing is clear to me and that is our midfield is really poor at the moment no matter who comes on ... and why we need a total rebuild in this area this summer - then the goals may well come
I don't think RV is anyone's puppet sld, I'm sure he had good reason to make the subs he did, Grace and Amanda did put in good shifts and he has the next game to think about also. He may also have been thinking about not having Grace available for the final and wanted to look at his options.

I don't think RV is anyone's puppet sld, I'm sure he had good reason to make the subs he did, Grace and Amanda did put in good shifts and he has the next game to think about also. He may also have been thinking about not having Grace available for the final and wanted to look at his options.
good point TQ but then Grace cant play in our next game anyhow

I would imagine it will depend on demand, they won't want the whole stadium sparsely populated so would concentrate on filling the bottom first.
Yes, TQ, I would imagine they will continue to open sections of the stadium in response to the demand. Let's hope there is a huge demand!

Harping back to the semi .. many a time I did cast my thoughts to the girls who rarely or never get a look in and how do they feel being in the background of a squad of 23 ? (most WSL sides have 25 players)

Brazil - feel sorry for her but she has zero chance of playing again
Petzelberger - she deserves a chance and on the day is better than Graham/Summenen - different type of midfielder.
Shuang - why did we even sign her if she is not going to be tried ?
Heeps - in training she is even better than Spencer and taller
Ayanne ? - is she still here (was only there for the award I guess)

Contracts up this year or next and could sign pre in January.

Spencer 2024 .. time to go please
Heeps 2024 .. depends if we can get a top GK in
Pearse 2024 .. let go (Championship level at best)
Ale 2024 .. let go (Championship level or low WSL side)
Zadorsky 2024 .. let go (probably retire or stay at West Ham)
AJT 2024 - she will move to Canada no doubt .. worth keeping another season
Brazil 2024 but has a + 1 year option .. let go - just not good enough
Petz 2024 .. she will probably be let go but worth another season
Percival 2025 .. severe contract and will probably retire
Bizet 2025
Graham 2025 .. we should sever her contract for better
Ayanne 2025 .. we should sever her contract for better
Thomas 2025
Naz 2025 .. I am still not a fan even after the goal ... that was great to get us back into the game (cant fault her with that) but for the rest of the game she was as usual very wasteful with minimal end product. Only her runs and cover did she excel at.... I would like us to sell her to MU and use the money to get Grace
Ahtinen 2025
Buhler 2025
Neville 2025
Spence 2024 + 1 year option (worth another year)
Karczewska 2025 + 1 year option .. sell for money and reinvest
Nilden 2024 .. we have option to buy ... YES PLEASE
Clinton 2024 (loan) ... will Man U sell - i doubt it until January

Last edited:

Just listened to the lastest podcast from the 4 women - Hmm

Cannot understand why they are never...
1 critical about the team
2 nor the players especially the ones that underperform week in week out
3 nor the way we play with this slow build from the back
and then
4 always seem to be so supportive and BIG up the players that are holding us back big time (you know who I mean) - wtf.

Maybe I am too old school in this forgiving woke/diversity run - doo gooder BBC punditry world now.

I am having another Mildrew moment - forgive me.
TQ will have a go at me for sure

Just checked the FA site again and now it says only 12k tickets to each club .. when on Sunday it said 13K (if my memory serves me right) _ still no news from Spurs about release date.

Just listened to the lastest podcast from the 4 women - Hmm

Cannot understand why they are never...
1 critical about the team
2 nor the players especially the ones that underperform week in week out
3 nor the way we play with this slow build from the back
and then
4 always seem to be so supportive and BIG up the players that are holding us back big time (you know who I mean) - wtf.

Maybe I am too old school in this forgiving woke/diversity run - doo gooder BBC punditry world now.

I am having another Mildrew moment - forgive me.
TQ will have a go at me for sure
Love it.

they have just released the criteria for getting a cup final ticket so it woul appear that I would only be eligible for 1 ticket with OH+ - if there are any left after the eBay gannets have had their fill. Back to the tele for us then and the anti Spurs pundits

this is a real shame as a lot of supporters wont buy to go not with only 1 ticket (you cant take your partner/friend/child) - they will be sold on to ticket touts

Last edited:

An interesting read ... I still dont agree with his view on Naz though as I still think she cannot get any better (too much waste in her game but she is not alone) nor can Summanen or Graham (in the semi both gave the ball away too much in key areas) and that is a real worry if he wants to keep choosing these players next season.

I like that Levy and the Board will support RV next season with talented youth and not top dollar players but no mention on contracts as I fear this 2 or 2.5 year deals for good players backfires as he takes far too long in embedding them into the core team (look at Charli Martha Shaung who are better players and rarely get used)

Having 1-3 top dollar players actually helps the team get better but moreover makes fans want to come and see them ... a catch 22

Roll on the summer and lets hope he gets 4th for us all but I really do not see that happening - not yet.

U21 P*ssed me off again with their display against Man U this lunchtime - our defence and our GK are still so kamikaze - they were lucky to get a draw if being honest. So much wasted ball and poor passing - bit like the women in some games. Real shame

As for the U18 - well they have gone down the drain imho so much for having Defoe in their ranks

Last edited:
Anyone watch the Barca/Chelsea CL semi-final (first leg). Tough game but great defending by Chelsea.
No but read the game report on BBC - wonder if Spurs would ever get to this level and prove themselves .. we will certainly not with the likes of Spencer Graham Naz Ayanne Brazil Summanen Neville - I am even beginning to lose faith in Ahtinen as a good player. Boy do we need far better players in this summer

With Pool winning (which I expected) and probably Manure winning tommorow (which I expect) it just a bit of a mokery of RV interview saying he wants 4th/5th ... we will be 7/9 points behind with 4 games to play (one being Chelsea) so where does he think we will get the points to do that.

It is FACup or a fight for 6th with Villa if being honest

At season end we will be either bottom of the top .. (or) .. top of the bottom .. but hopefully with a cup in our empty cabinet. COYSW

Last edited:
Anyone watch the Barca/Chelsea CL semi-final (first leg). Tough game but great defending by Chelsea.
No sure if it was available here on any of the regular platforms, don't think there has been any TV coverage. Might have been on DAZN or something like that, shame really.

So Eleanor Heeps signs on until 2027 as she is happy to stay and develop - good on her. I hope she gets the chance to play in the cup early rounds next season

Maybe this is a good sign that Spencer will finally be given her P45

I did try to see about a ticket today and what a mess this site is? .. although I was trying to buy it from an Android tablet if that makes a difference !

first wait for email ... then click the get ticket button
you then sign in with CRN number
then u r in a Q (5 mins past 10am I was 2968 in the Q !!!!) after just 5 mins!
that took 12 mins to clear then I am in
then it crashed and I was frozen out for 5 mins
when I finally get it started again luckily i was still in the ticket zone but when I went to try find a seat for my son .. it went haywire and I couldnt do anything with the map nor even choose a seat - it was so frustrating
then it timed out ... wtf?
so i try again ... another 20 mins and then I finally get a seat and then it times out again ... so I gave up, by this time there were not many blue single seats left so assume they were all gone by lunchtime

I just dont understand why anyone would want to buy 1 ticket unless they were just buying to sell on again for a profit ... all becos the FA only offer 11800 seats

I wonder in Man U had the same problem or sold their tickets differently?

shame on you FA - shame on you - you are just as bad as the ticket touts

The POD ladies strutting their stuff again ... they still cant see the failings of Spencer in both of their goals nor Naz no matter what they do.

Yes she scored the equaliser but did little else after that esp in the 2nd half.... and Spencer coming for a ball and not going through with it but stops half way into the run and then crouches low in no man's land - wtf was she thinking of doing bar leaving so much space for Malard to head the ball over and into. Kamikaze as usual and she needs to be dropped for the rest of the season..... the sooner she is gone the better.

Long expected. Now in.

Some serious investment in supporting the progress of our Womens team..and the girls academy..

excellent plans and design (the women will love it and should attract better players hopefully) but my fear is the goody goody doo-gooders will delay all this and probably get their way in the end thru the weakness of the court system in these matters. I bet those that held up Heathrow plans are just sitting in the wings in their camper vans and caravans waiting to be called to move in and climb into the trees. I hope I am wrong - it also did not show the legend to the numbers on the map.