Spurs squad 2022/23 | Page 4 | Vital Football

Spurs squad 2022/23

Chelsea finished 10th in the league the season before Conte took over on 51pts, the next season under his guidance they won the league on 93pts. So I don't see why with the right signing we can't go from 71pts to 90+pts.
We conceded 40 goals last season but only 5 in our last 11 games, we will undoubtedly be more solid at the back this coming season. So targeting less than 30 goals for me is realistic.
We scored 69 goals last season, of which Kulu scored 5 in half a season. Is it so unbelievable that he could get 10?
I also think it's realistic to expect Kane and Sonny to score another 40+ goals between them.
Perisic scored 10 goals last season, surely he'll get 5, that's 55 goals. Is it realistic to expect 25 goals from everyone else which brings us to 80 goals.
That's a swing of 20+ goals, that's got to be worth 20pts which would take us over 90pts.
You may see that as a miracle, I see that as Conte team talk at the beginning of the season.
Incidentally, Chelsea finished 4th on 66pts in season 19-20 and won CL following year. Personally I see no reason to be negative about the coming season.

You talk as if we won't have any hiccups along the way and that we'll take everything we want from each fixture while our opponents stand back and let us. Once we have all we want, the referee will blow his whistle with us as the winners!

You talk as if we won't have any hiccups along the way and that we'll take everything we want from each fixture while our opponents stand back and let us. Once we have all we want, the referee will blow his whistle with us as the winners!
I most certainly appreciate that there will be hiccups, but that for me is no reason not to set goals.

I don't think anyone expects us to end up with 114 points Rich.

95 more like it. :grinning:

After all, Kulu is going to increase our goal potential by 50% all on his own.

Someone posted a video of it on here NRD but can't remember which thread it is on.

Seen it now. Classic taking the defender on and clinical finish. Thing is though, he blasted it accurately with his right foot. That is scary because if he can finish like that with his right , he doesn't need to cut in to his left so much, more unpredictable for defenders !!

Seen it now. Classic taking the defender on and clinical finish. Thing is though, he blasted it accurately with his right foot. That is scary because if he can finish like that with his right , he doesn't need to cut in to his left so much, more unpredictable for defenders !!

Didn't it take a deflection of the defender and go up into the top of the net? It was such a weird angle I couldn't really tell.

I recall you directing criticism at Hugo for conceding a similar goal, mentioning going down to early, and not staying upright to a ball entering the net directly over his head. In this example its all about a clinical finish by the attacker!

Right now, it looks like this will be very close to our squad next season:

Lloris, Forster, Austin
Doherty, Emerson, Spence
Reggie, Sess, Perisic
Dier, Romero, Lenglet, Davies, Tanganga, Sanchez
Bissouma, Bentancur, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Sarr
Son, Richarlison, Kulu, Moura
Kane, Scarlett

I believe it is at the limit for non-homegrown UEFA registration. Not sure, Sarr can even be registered in UEFA.

I'd still be keeping an eye on Doherty, Emerson, Reggie, Japhet, Sanchez and Moura as we move through the next 6 weeks.

Right now, it looks like this will be very close to our squad next season:

Lloris, Forster, Austin
Doherty, Emerson, Spence
Reggie, Sess, Perisic
Dier, Romero, Lenglet, Davies, Tanganga, Sanchez
Bissouma, Bentancur, Skipp, Hojbjerg, Sarr
Son, Richarlison, Kulu, Moura
Kane, Scarlett

I believe it is at the limit for non-homegrown UEFA registration. Not sure, Sarr can even be registered in UEFA.

I'd still be keeping an eye on Doherty, Emerson, Reggie, Japhet, Sanchez and Moura as we move through the next 6 weeks.
Given the choice, I'd rather bring back Parrott and send Scarlett out on loan. Troy has had a season (and int'ls) under his belt. Bad enough seeing Scarlett playing as if overawed amongst our seniors and bench warming; add to it the new high profile newbies, imo, he'd remain a rabbit in headlights.

Given the choice, I'd rather bring back Parrott and send Scarlett out on loan. Troy has had a season (and int'ls) under his belt. Bad enough seeing Scarlett playing as if overawed amongst our seniors and bench warming; add to it the new high profile newbies, imo, he'd remain a rabbit in headlights.

With Lukaku going back to Inter, I wonder whether they'll give us Dzeko for a year.

Stick both kids out on loan.

Not sure I would want to send an 18yr old out on loan, especially if your view of him being overawed is correct. A bad experience with a poor loan could derail his career, I think we need to keep him with us for another season, he will be a lot more comfortable in his second season with First team squad.

Anyone have an opinion on whether Barca have the money to buy Raphinha? I read that they have sold some their TV rights for 270m euros, if they are not able to get deal done he would be a great fit for us.
I know many think we need a creative midfield, personally I'm not convinced that is the way to go. Having better players in the wide areas with Conte system I think is the way to go.
Replacing Bergwijn and Moura with Richarlison and Raphinha would be a serious statement of intent, I think with some sales and bringing in Lenglet we could just about stretch to bringing in the second CB and RWB we need.