Spurs squad 2022/23 | Page 6 | Vital Football

Spurs squad 2022/23

Sonny is a money making machine. He isn't going anywhere.

We are on the brink of something, this isn't the time to sell any 1st 11 players.

We have plenty of deadwood to sell that can make us money.
I'm more worried about Harry tbh. As long as there's deafening silence on his side then anything remains possible.

If either was sold without Conte's blessing i'd be amazed if he didn't walk. Then again with the proceeds he could bring in anyone he wanted & at any price.

I'm more worried about Harry tbh. As long as there's deafening silence on his side then anything remains possible.

If either was sold without Conte's blessing i'd be amazed if he didn't walk. Then again with the proceeds he could bring in anyone he wanted & at any price.

I think Kane will see his contract out with us now. I just can't see us selling him for a price any team will pay.

I'm not sure that's true if you look at the measure of improvement in comparison to Spurs, Citeh have brought in Phillips and Haaland who are both quality players. However they have lost Fernandino and Jesus and Sterling is in the departure lounge.
Liverpool have brought in Nunez and 19yr old Carvalho, but lost Mane. No discernible improvement in pool IMO and marginal improvement in Citeh.
We've lost none of the players that got us top 4 and added 3 game changers, 2 of which will be definite starters and the other not far behind.
The real point is, it's harder for pool and Citeh to show real improvement in their squad, where as we have significant scope to improve.
You've missed out Alvarez joining City and the fact that Liverpool had already brought in Diaz to replace Mane. The transfer window is far from over so it's a bit early to say we haven't lost any players who got us top 4, or that City and Liverpool won't do any more business. I believe there still is a gap to them, but hopefully a much reduced one!

We have certainly closed the gap but all you need to do is compare 1st 11 teams to see we are not on either teams level.

As it stands 3rd is ours to lose.
Better players does not always mean better team RD, for me if we get Lenglet and Bremer I think we will be cooking on gas.
I would then wait for the big signing in the last week of window when we've shifted a few out.

You've missed out Alvarez joining City and the fact that Liverpool had already brought in Diaz to replace Mane. The transfer window is far from over so it's a bit early to say we haven't lost any players who got us top 4, or that City and Liverpool won't do any more business. I believe there still is a gap to them, but hopefully a much reduced one!
Your right I did miss Alvarez, Diaz is part of last season squad just as Kulu was for us.

Diaz was good succession planning on Liverpool's part, he is a ready made replacement for Mane and could be better IMO.
But that is not improving the squad, that is simply maintaining a level.
Is perisic an improvement - yes
Is Bissouma an improvement -yes plus gives added depth.
Is Richarlison an improvement on front 3 - debatable but gives added depth
Is Foster an improvement -yes

I want to be 100% clear here...I want Kane and Son to stay and be totally committed.

If a deal for one or both happens it will late in the window....too late for us to try and bring someone into replace them...you know just in time for us to be screwed.

I am hoping this doesn't happen...or this window will go from being great to bad real quick.
I think that very few of us would like to see it happen. If it does, my thinking is that it will only be in conjunction with our bringing in a top quality marquee signing from elsewhere at pretty much the same time, although I can't think of too many players I'd like to see at Spurs ahead of Son and Kane. I very much doubt that both won't be at Spurs next season, but the Richarlison signing still leaves me with a niggling doubt.

But that is not improving the squad, that is simply maintaining a level.
Is perisic an improvement - yes
Is Bissouma an improvement -yes plus gives added depth.
Is Richarlison an improvement on front 3 - debatable but gives added depth
Is Foster an improvement -yes
We'll see TS, as I say, I believe we will have closed the gap on City and Liverpool which will always give us hope of being in the race. It's definitely going to be an interesting season with Chelsea, United and the Gooners being something of unknown quantities due to the many changes of ownership/manager/squads. I'm interested to see how Forest do, I think they could be the surprise package, Steve Cooper looks to be a very astute manager.

Better players does not always mean better team RD, for me if we get Lenglet and Bremer I think we will be cooking on gas.
I would then wait for the big signing in the last week of window when we've shifted a few out.

Both City and Liverpool have proved over a 5 year period they are the two best team's.

We have it all to prove.

Both City and Liverpool have proved over a 5 year period they are the two best team's.

We have it all to prove.
100% agree, but the general feeling is Conte wants to win the league. It is a big ask, no doubt about it. It's clear to me that Conte has said to club, give me these players and we'll challenge for title. If he believes it why shouldn't I, not saying we'll win but I don't think we will be far away.
I just don't think Citeh and Liverpool can improve from the level they are at, their challenge is to maintain their current level.

We do RD. We start with Soton at home and the Chavs who have dominated us for some time. Irrespective of the new players in the team, we need to see improvement. The chav game is a yardstick and an early indicator of our credentials. A game to gauge if we can overcome a team who has been better than us.

Firstly, I love the optimism about the "new Spurs". It's good to read.

What I'm feeling is that we will only prevail this season based on manager tactics and team organisation. If we win anything, it will be mostly from the training ground and only partially from the transfer market. It will be because we've grilled 16 guys of mostly equal ability to rotate and execute the same tactics. I have a feeling the sum of the parts will be better than what we've seen for a while. We know our players on paper against City or Pool doesn't stack up.

The big unknown is how our squad cope with fixture congestion. It hasn't done that well in the last few seasons. That needs to change.

Don't be surprised if we enter the season with the joint third best squad alongside Chelsea.

Firstly, I love the optimism about the "new Spurs". It's good to read.

What I'm feeling is that we will only prevail this season based on manager tactics and team organisation. If we win anything, it will be mostly from the training ground and only partially from the transfer market. It will be because we've grilled 16 guys of mostly equal ability to rotate and execute the same tactics. I have a feeling the sum of the parts will be better than what we've seen for a while. We know our players on paper against City or Pool doesn't stack up.

The big unknown is how our squad cope with fixture congestion. It hasn't done that well in the last few seasons. That needs to change.

Don't be surprised if we enter the season with the joint third best squad alongside Chelsea.

I still think we are short of Chelsea, by a considerable margin. Our achiles will be that we'll probably survive to the later rounds of the cups and I'm currently not entirely confident that we have the experienced depth to deal with them all competently.

3rd is going to a fight to the death I suspect between 3 possibly 4 teams., as for 1st or 2nd, Sorry guys but still think we're some way off of that.

As always, we will know soon enough.

I still think we are short of Chelsea, by a considerable margin. Our achiles will be that we'll probably survive to the later rounds of the cups and I'm currently not entirely confident that we have the experienced depth to deal with them all competently.

3rd is going to a fight to the death I suspect between 3 possibly 4 teams., as for 1st or 2nd, Sorry guys but still think we're some way off of that.

As always, we will know soon enough.

It's tough to know until they play their cards. Losing Rudiger and Christensen is a massive gap. Are they losing their captain, Azpilicueta, and Alonso as well? Will Chilwell ever be injury free? That is a lot of collective experience. They've missed out the 2 big striker moves of the summer so far. That is offset with getting Connor Gallagher back. Then you have big players Jorginho and Kante into their thirties.

You're probably right, but they've certain left chinks, and definitely not closed the gap to the top two. Let's see their moves.

It's tough to know until they play their cards. Losing Rudiger and Christensen is a massive gap. Are they losing their captain, Azpilicueta, and Alonso as well? Will Chilwell ever be injury free? That is a lot of collective experience. They've missed out the 2 big striker moves of the summer so far. That is offset with getting Connor Gallagher back. Then you have big players Jorginho and Kante into their thirties.

You're probably right, but they've certain left chinks, and definitely not closed the gap to the top two. Let's see their moves.
It's strange, isn't it, that they seem to be concentrating on re-organising their attack - Sterling, Raphina, late move for Richarlison etc.

It's strange, isn't it, that they seem to be concentrating on re-organising their attack - Sterling, Raphina, late move for Richarlison etc.
It is rather, it appears that we are having difficulty in recruiting our first few choices at CB if the reports are to be believed, you would think that would be their priority considering their needs are probably greater than ours.

Speaking to a Chelsea fan, he was of the opinion that Azpilicueta (33) and Alonso (31) Form have dropped off last season. Also it is looking increasingly likely that Alonso is on his way to Barca, Silva is 37. IMO they are in need of 3 CB's and possibly one FB, Lukaku has left and Werner could be on his way out.
They also have quite a bit of deadwood that they need to shift out, they have a lot of work to do IMO just to stand still.
I'm confident that we will amass over 80pts, I don't see anyone else other than the top 2 doing that as things stand.

Has anyone noticed that all of our First games against the the top 7 of last season are away from home apart from pool, how is that possible?
Chelsea A
West Ham United A
Manchester City A
Arsenal A
Manchester United A