Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22 | Page 40 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people here are doing a great job. I think the media are wrong more than the forum. But then again I read articles like the one Henry Winter just wrote and think this guy is a respected writer and doesn't have a naffing clue what is going on at the club.

I think you have to ask yourself how many hours do we spend analysing our players than the media. They have the tougher gig as they have to share themselves around more clubs. We just look at one, so I'm not surprised we are more objective.

I sometimes feel that the media start everyone at 7 and then just add a point or remove a point for the big incidents in the game. If they've written about something in the match then they deliberately make that players score jump out as high or low.

I think you have to ask yourself how many hours do we spend analysing our players than the media. They have the tougher gig as they have to share themselves around more clubs. We just look at one, so I'm not surprised we are more objective.

I sometimes feel that the media start everyone at 7 and then just add a point or remove a point for the big incidents in the game. If they've written about something in the match then they deliberately make that players score jump out as high or low.

It's their full time job that they are paid for. I EXPECT them to know more than me.

When I say media / web it's mostly web, Sky, Evening Std, sometimes The Independent. Not so much the Times or Telegraph these days as I rely on those with a subscription. Football London always and Hard Tackle, 90 mins, Spurs Web, Spurs HQ etc.

I have both subscriptions, I'll try and make more of an effort to get their marks when I can.

Leicester

Hugo 7 - assured and calm as always

Romero 9 - what a player, my MoM
Dier 7.5 - steady and have a feeling he played through the pain barrier in 2nd half
Davies 5.5 - showed us today while LCB is a priority transfer in the summer

Emerson 6 - got really stuck into the physical battle
Hojbjerg 7 - had a strong second half
Bentancur 7 - another good shift
Sess 7 - a good answer to last week

Moura 5 - run around a lot, with little quality
Kane 6 - still coasting through games, but has his quality moments
Son 8 - what a goal, we need him on top form in these last few games

Kulu 8 - loved his reaction to being on the bench

Conte 7 - made the big change he needed to make. He told Kane to stay up top and made sure Son and Moura / Kulu made up the 5-4-1 defensively. He removed the dependency on Kane defensively and we all know the reason why. I hope continue with this next week.

v Leicester

Hugo - 7

Royal - 6
Romero - 8.5
Dier - 7
Davies - 7
Sess - 6.8

Bentancaur - 7
Hoj - 7

Moura - 5.6
Son - 8.5
Kane - 7

Kulu - 7.5

Conte - 7 - As per the team, he too responded after the criticism of last two games. Not sure why he adds youth to the bench as he seems to have no intention of using them. Was hoping to see Berg given more minutes, but everyone else decided to pack up early to fk up the clean sheet. It was, after all, a depleted Leicester!

versus Leicester

Lloris - 6.5
Royal - 6.0
Romero - 8.5
Dier - 7.5
Davies - 7.0
Sess - 5.5
Bentancaur - 7.5
Hoj - 7.0
Moura - 5.0
Son - 8.5
Kane - 6.5
Subs:
Kulu - 7.0
Bergwijn - 5.5
Winks - 5.0

Conte - 7.0

vs Leicester

Lloris 6,5, Royal 5,5, Dier 6.5, Romero 8.5, Davies 7, Sessegnon 5.5, Hojbjerg 6.5,Bentancur 7, Moura 5, Kane 6.5, Sonny 9, Kulu 7.5, Winks 5.5. Bergwijn 6
Conte 6.5

- Defence wasn't tested much and was always comfortable. Romero was outstanding.
- The two wing backs on the day continue to disappoint.
- Davies put in some good forward runs, as well as his usual solid CB performance, but received little support from Sessegnon who was mediocre.
- Kulu lifted the attacking performance as soon as he came on, as compared with Mora who had a really poor day.
- Sonny was just Sonny, the best striker in the PL.
- Easy day for Conte.

Lloris 7 seems more commanding lately.
Romero 9 masterclass .
Dier 8 got further forward a lot . …….misunderstanding cost the goal.
Davies , 6
Royal 5 lost on and off the ball
Hojbjerg 7 strong game
Bentancur 8 all round good game
Sess 6 still struggling to cement his place.
Moura 5 wasted his chance .
Kane 7 poor start but finished well .
Son 8 caused problems the whole game . two great goals

Kulu 7 good game , changed the dynamic instantly
Berg 6 , should be given more time .

Winks 5 …. Didn’t notice him .
Conte 8

V the Foxes

Lloris 6.5
Romero 9
Dier 8
Davies 7.5
Royal 6
Sessegnon 6
Hoj 7.5
Bentacure 8.5
Moura 6
Kane 7
Son 8.5

Subs...Kulu 7.5
Bergs 6
Winks 4

Conte 8

As I watched the game my perception was that Hojbjerg was having a better game than Bentancur. My marking backed it up and my ratings.

But the ratings for Bentancur were higher from all sources so I was thinking maybe I got it wrong.

So I reviewed the player stats and found this.....
Bentancur 1 key pass Hojbjerg 1 key pass

Bentancur 53 touches
Hojbjerg 71 touches.

Bentancur 38 passes
Hojbjerg 55 passes

Bentancur 84.2 % pass accuracy
Hojbjerg 87.5 % pass accuracy from 17 more.

Bentancur fouls conceded 3
Hojbjerg fouls conceded 0.

Bentancur 4 tackles
Hojbjerg 2 tackles.

My ratings after deep diving the re- run.
Lloris 5.5, Romero 8.5, Dier 8.5, Davies 6.5, Royal 7, Sessegnon 6, Hojbjerg 8.5, Bentancur 7, Moura 6, Son 8.5, Kane 7.5, Kulu 6.5
Conte 7.

Mine are

Lloris 5.5
Romero 8.5
Dier 8
Davies 7
Royal 7
Sess 5.5
Hojberg 8
Benty 7
Moura 5.5
Son 9
Kane 7.5
Kulu 6.5

Conte 7.8

When I see him chase back it seems three quarter throttle. He doesn't seem to open right up like Walker does and I really thought he was that fast.
I’ve got to admit , he never fills me with confidence ., going forwards or defending .
I don’t get that it seems he is not 100% into it .
It’s too easy to not go headlong into anything and then shout out in frustration .

When I see him chase back it seems three quarter throttle. He doesn't seem to open right up like Walker does and I really thought he was that fast.

When you keep getting hammy/soft tissue injuries every time you really open up, you start playing within yourself - and all I see when I watch him is a player who is very conscious of what he's been through, and when that happens, form and touch go out the window - we will never see the best of him - or even a second-best until he has faith in his body again.

Status
Not open for further replies.