Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick Real Deal

Vital Football Legend
As an introduction to this seasons ratings I start with last seasons combined media and poster ratings. I am going to collate a table of ratings at regular intervals this season so as to get a perspective throughout.

1. Kane 6.63
2. Hojbjerg 6.41
3. Toby 6.35
4. Lloris 6.22
5. Ndombele 6.20
6. Son 6.19
7. Dele 6.18
8. LoCelso 6.16
9. Dier 6.10
10. Lamela 6.08
11. Aurier 5.86
12. Davies 5.84
13. Bale 5.83
14. Moura 5.78
15. Bergwijn 5.76
16. Sanchez 5.70
17. Sissoko 5.64
18. Winks 5.64.

A few of the above will need to improve if they stay. Those that have left, I have included so that a comparison of their replacement can be made.

If you want to contribute your ratings please use this thread so that its all in one place. Thanks for your ratings last season.

Lloris - 8.5
Tanga - 9.5
Sanchez - 9
Dier - 9
Reggie - 8.5
Skipp - 8.5
PEH - 8.5
Dele - 8.5
Moura - 9.5
Son - 9
Berg - 8.5

Lo Celso - 4

Lloris - 8.5
Tanga - 9.5
Sanchez - 9
Dier - 9
Reggie - 8.5
Skipp - 8.5
PEH - 8.5
Dele - 8.5
Moura - 9.5
Son - 9
Berg - 8.5

I agree with this. Although I'd add that Lo Celso gets a 6.5, Doherty gets a 6.5 and Romero gets a 6 (but he really wasn't on long enough to give a fair score.)

I agree with this. Although I'd add that Lo Celso gets a 6.5, Doherty gets a 6.5 and Romero gets a 6 (but he really wasn't on long enough to give a fair score.)
I thought Lo Celso lost possession almost every time he had the ball. He kept making the wrong decision and put us under pressure unnecessarily.

Ok here we go. I'm having to keep a lid on it and calm down. Giving a 10 doesn't come easy from me but two players I think deserve it.
Lloris 8, Tanganga 10, Sanchez 8, Dier 7.5, Reguilon 6, Hojbjerg 7.5, Skipp 7, Moura 10, Dele 7, Bergwijn 6.5, Son 7.5,
Nuno 8.

v City

Hugo - 8 - didn't appreciate his flap, but cancelled by the City keeper's!

Dier - 7 - I think the guys on the rhs had more work to do.
Sanchez - 7.5
Tanga - 9 - MoTM
Reggie - 6.8 - Not same level of contribution defensively or offensively.

PEH - 6.5 - Wasn't his day.
Skipp - 7.5 - Improved after early jitters, though they could've been costly.

Dele - 7.0 - Covered a lot of ground and took responsibility.

Bergwijn - 7.0 - If he had taken that goal he'd have been on 9.0.
Moura - 9.0 - He was a thorn on their side. Best performance since the CL semi.
Son - 8.0 - Would've liked him taking few more shots. Killed a few good moves.

I thought Lo Celso lost possession almost every time he had the ball. He kept making the wrong decision and put us under pressure unnecessarily.

One foot player syndrome and is very average in possession, easy to pick his pocket. What is all the fuss about Lo Celso.

I have 10 media/ web ratings which is enough. I have 5 forum posters but it would be good to get the 10 to even it up. I will leave it a day or two before finalising. Already a pattern is emerging for some of the low performers of last season who upped their game.

Good to start with a higher team average than for any game last season.

Lloris 8 - Flapped at a couple but generally sound. From a shot stopping perspective however, Tanganga, Sanchez and Dier made sure that he won't have an easier game all season.

Tanganga 9.5 - Brilliant performance, had both Grealish and Sterling in his pocket, and eventually reduced Grealish to the petulant brat that he is. No way should this lad be sent out on loan, he's a Premiership player now.

Sanchez 9 - Best game for Spurs for quite some time. Has all the qualities of a top CB, just not the consistency. Needs to maintain this sort of level against lesser teams, where he often loses concentration.

Dier 8.5 - Not sure that he will be first choice when all CB options are available, but was on his game yesterday, and given that he is capable of this level of performance he will always be a good squad player.

Reguilon 7.5 - Didn't get forward too often, and Mahrez lost him on occasions, but overall did OK.

Hojbjerg 8.5 - Usual all action performance.

Skipp 8.5 - Eased into, and improved as the game progressed. Together with Hojbjerg could progress into a very useful DM pairing. Made a case for Spurs being able to cash in on Winks in the coming weeks.

Dele 8 - Given the team lineup he carried a big AM responsibility, which he undertook well. Worked hard without making a major impact on the game, but seems to be improving back toward his best with each game.

Bergwijn 8.5 - Has had a good pre season which he continued into the first PL outing. Made several good breaks from deep in his own half, turning defence into attack. Needs to improve his final pass and finishing, but I'm starting to feel optimistic about him for the first time since he joined us.

Moura 9 - Terrific performance, the most whole hearted player in the Club. How anybody can ever suggest that he should be moved out is beyond me.

Son 9 - If Kane is worth 150M Sonny's worth 250. Still not sure about him as a central striker required to hold the ball up, but there isn't a better player in the Premiership in terms of running at and terrorizing opposition defences. When Sonny plays with a smile on his face, everything is good in the Spurs world.

Doherty 7 - Surprised that he was brought on with a single goal lead and the defence looking sound. Kept it tidy though, and helped to see out the game.

Lo Celso 4 - Lost the ball virtually every time in possession, twice setting up dangerous City attacks which they didn't make the most of. I hope that Nuno doesn't feel obligated to play him because he was expensive and is a regular Argentinian international. As a PL player he's not part of our best eleven.

Nuno 8 - Good for him. Comes across as a level headed, thinking manager for whom it will always be about the Club and the team, not about him. I'm glad he's our manager.

Lloris - 7.5
Tanga - 9
Sanchez - 8
Dier - 8
Reggie - 7
Skipp - 8
PEH - 7.5
Dele - 8
Moura - 8.5
Son - 9.5
Berg - 6.5

Nuno - looked very nervy for the first 20 mins - (who wasn't) but encouraged quietly and directed well - looked assured as the game went on, loved his 4-3-3 set up - huge call to play Tanga and Skippy and got it right.

Last edited:
lloris 7
Tanganga 8.5
Dier 7
Sanchez 8
Reggie 7
Skipp 6
PEH 7
Dele 7.5
Lucas 8
Son 7.5
Berg 7!

Whole team as a combo 9.
What a difference a coach can make , telling players where and how to play . Like …… letting them know they can cross that magical halfway line even though they ahead in the game

Lloris 8
Tanganga 9.5
Sanchez 9
Dier 8.5
Reggie 7.5
Skipp 8
Hojbjerg 7
Dele 7.5
Moura 9
Son 8
Bergwijn 8

Subs
Gio 6.5
Doherty 6
Romero N/A

Nuno 8.5

Antony Taylor 4

Tottenham started the new Premier League season in style with an impressive 1-0 win over champions Man City in north London. Jon West rates the two teams' performances for Telegraph Sport.
Tottenham (4-2-3-1)
Hugo Lloris 6
Kept on high alert by City's constant attacking but had few saves to make to so poor was City's finishing.
Japhet Tanganga 8
Absolute powerhouse at right-back whose motto seems to be win the ball at all costs and see if a whistle follows. Applauded off.
Davinson Sanchez 7
Won more than his fair share of headers to give Spurs the stability at the back they needed. Great tackle on Kevin de Bruyne.
Eric Dier 7
Calm, unfussy display as Sanchez's central defensive partner with fans fearing the worst witnessing zero serious errors.
Sergio Reguilon 7
Similar to the above. Protected the left flank far more proficiently than his City counterpart.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg 7
The former Southampton man relished the midfield battle and was frugal with possession too.
Oliver Skipp 8
Excellent early defensive work to stop Raheem Sterling in the box was regularly replicated elsewhere throughout.

TELEMMGLPICT000268175726_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqBWJxyI8ATefE-LyMi7SXsO2Oe43N7tarmWi1lq693u8.jpeg

Oliver Skipp excelled in Tottenham's midfield Credit: REUTERS
Lucas Moura 6
In the game in intermittent bursts only but it was his flick that started the move for the winning goal.
Dele Alli 6
Showed little of the attacking prowess that made him an England star but that was mainly because he was sticking gamely to defensive duties.
Steven Bergwijn 7
Purveyor of the lung-bursting ball carry forward but guilty of a terrible miss on the hour mark. Big part in the goal.
Son Heung-min 8
Took an absolute age to take on a shot, before almost scoring with his first effort and then raising the roof with the opener.
Substitutes: Lo Celso (for Bergwijn, 77), Doherty (for Tanganga, 83); Romero (for Hojbjerg, 90).

Tottenham started the new Premier League season in style with an impressive 1-0 win over champions Man City in north London. Jon West rates the two teams' performances for Telegraph Sport.
Tottenham (4-2-3-1)
Hugo Lloris 6

Kept on high alert by City's constant attacking but had few saves to make to so poor was City's finishing.
Japhet Tanganga 8
Absolute powerhouse at right-back whose motto seems to be win the ball at all costs and see if a whistle follows. Applauded off.
Davinson Sanchez 7
Won more than his fair share of headers to give Spurs the stability at the back they needed. Great tackle on Kevin de Bruyne.
Eric Dier 7
Calm, unfussy display as Sanchez's central defensive partner with fans fearing the worst witnessing zero serious errors.
Sergio Reguilon 7
Similar to the above. Protected the left flank far more proficiently than his City counterpart.
Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg 7
The former Southampton man relished the midfield battle and was frugal with possession too.
Oliver Skipp 8
Excellent early defensive work to stop Raheem Sterling in the box was regularly replicated elsewhere throughout.

TELEMMGLPICT000268175726_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqBWJxyI8ATefE-LyMi7SXsO2Oe43N7tarmWi1lq693u8.jpeg

Oliver Skipp excelled in Tottenham's midfield Credit: REUTERS
Lucas Moura 6
In the game in intermittent bursts only but it was his flick that started the move for the winning goal.
Dele Alli 6
Showed little of the attacking prowess that made him an England star but that was mainly because he was sticking gamely to defensive duties.
Steven Bergwijn 7
Purveyor of the lung-bursting ball carry forward but guilty of a terrible miss on the hour mark. Big part in the goal.
Son Heung-min 8
Took an absolute age to take on a shot, before almost scoring with his first effort and then raising the roof with the opener.
Substitutes: Lo Celso (for Bergwijn, 77), Doherty (for Tanganga, 83); Romero (for Hojbjerg, 90).
Moura joint-lowest rating?

Moura joint-lowest rating?

It is funny how some see the game so differently, I have to say I often give my reflections from being at a game and then watch a recording and think hmmm, I didn't get that one right..

I think we had three stand out players 1 in defence (Tangy) 1 IN midfield (Skippy) and 1 in attack (Sonny) but Moura should also get an honourable mention - this was one of his most effective games in a long time.

Nuno was aiming for 'solid' and that's exactly what we got.

Having not read earlier posts and with the noise of the stadium still reverberating round my head!
Lloris 7
Tanganga 9
Sanchez 8
Dier 8
Reguilon 7
Hojbjerg 7
Skipp 8.5
Dele 7.5
Moura 9
Son 9
Bergwyn 7

subs: Lo Celso 6, Doherty n/a, Romero n/a