Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22 | Page 43 | Vital Football

Spurs Player Ratings 2021/ 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
vs Burnley,

Lloris 7, Sanchez 6.5, Dier 7, Davies 7, Royal 7, Bentancur 6,5, Hojbjerg 7, Sessegnon 7.5, Moura 6, Kane 6.5, Son 6

Kulu 6.5
Conte 6.5

A pretty average performance, so pretty average ratings. Nobody was particular poor, other than Bentancur's shooting, but nobody stood out either.

My ratings v Burnley.
Lloris 7, Sanchez 7, Dier 7, Davies 6, Royal 6.5, Sessegnon 7, Hojbjerg 7, Bentancur 6.5, Moura 7, Son 6, Kane 7.5.
Conte 7.

Average player ratings v Burnley across 6 forum posters and 10 media/ web reports. Forum in first column, media second and combined third.

Lloris 7.25, 6.95, 7.06
Sanchez 6, 6.80, 6.50
Dier 7.08, 6.95, 7
Davies 6.66, 6.75, 6.71
Royal 6.58, 6.65, 6.62
Sessegnon 6.83, 7.60, 7.31
Hojbjerg 7.16, 7, 7.06
Bentancur 6.91, 7, 6.96
Moura 6.25, 6.65, 6.50
Son 6, 6.45, 6.28
Kane 6.66, 7, 6.87
Conte 6.75

Forum MOM were Lloris and Dier on 28.6%, Royal was second on 21.4% and Kane on 14.3 %.
Hojberg was rated higher on the forum than Dier and Royal but didn't feature in the MOM stakes.

Ref Kevin Friend had a difficult call on the pen but according to the new rules probably got it right.

Last edited:
I would appreciate ratings from those who managed to see the Norwich game. I hope to see it at midnight tonight but not sure if I can.

Hugo 7 - Steady

Sess - 7.5 - improving all the time even against poor opposition
Davies - 7.5 - the man is playing to stay
Dier - 7 - had his brain fart and that could have cost us
Sanchez - 7.5 - very steady
Royal - 7 - Norwich managed to make him look better than he is

Hojberg - 7
Bentancur - 8 - was our engine
Son - 7.5 - Would have been 6 if it wasn't for the goals
Kulusevski - 8.5 - crushed Norwich's spirit
Kane - 8 - probably the most selfless team oriented version of Kane I have ever seen. Was very impressed by that mentality from him.

Lucas - 8 - Defended very well and created
Bergwijn - 7.5 - I hope he doesn't leave
Winks - no rating - didn't even notice him

Conte - 10 - for playing Son when he was clearly out of it and for not taking him off. And just generally dragging this club up to his level.

Ref - Kavanaugh - 5 - didn't have much he could naff up but managed to naff those opportunities up very well.

Norwich

Lloris 7 - couple of bad kicks, but as consistent as always. Nice to see the 16th clean sheet.

Sanchez 7 - totally in control, as physical as always
Dier 7 - also in control, led the defender well
Davies 7 - kept asking for the ball which is good to see

Emerson 6 - defended well but was the second best RB on the pitch
Hojbjerg 7 - bossed it, and always looking to keep the ball moving
Bentancur 8 - superb performance, did the ugly stuff and got 2 assists
Sess 6 - tidy performance, but can do more.

Kulusevski 8.5 - what a signing
Kane 6 - still strolling around, but can influence the game
Sonny 7 - wasteful, but did the business

Moura 7 - nice cameo, and pleased to see him tried at wing-back

Conte 9 - clearly kept the changing room calm and focused during the week. Gave them the confidence to do the business.

Ratings vs Norwich

Lloris 6.5, Royal 6.5, Sanchez 7, Dier 7.5, Davies 7, Sessegnon 6.5, Hojbjerg 7, Bentancur 7.5, Kulu 8.5, Kane 7, Son 8, Moura 7
Conte 7.5

Good solid efficient performance all round, nobody fell below a 'good average', whilst Dier, Bentancur, Kulu, Son, and Moura briefly, stood out.

Last edited:
I know that you will be calculating 'seasonal averages' Nick, based on match by match performances and ratings. Think that it would be worthwhile however if participants provided a retrospective 'seasonal rating' for each player, based on a hindsight view of the season generally, and overall perception of performances across the entire season, taking into account that we ended up having a pretty successful season, but there were also some pretty poor performances along the way. It would be interesting to see how these retrospective ratings compare with the averages based on match by match ratings.
My 'seasonal ratings' are as follows;
Lloris 6, Doherty 6.5, Royal 5.5, Romero 7, Dier 7.5, Davies 6.5, Sanchez 6, Reguilon 5.5, Sessegnon 6, Hojbjerg 7, Skipp 7, Bentancur 7.5, Winks 5, Kulu 7.5, Kane 6.5, Son 8, Moura 6, Bergwijn 5.5
Conte 8

v Norwich

Lloris 6,
Royal 6
Sanchez 7.5
Dier 7
Davies 7
Sessegnon 6
Hojbjerg 8.5
Bentancur 9
Kulu 9
Kane 7.5
Son 9.5
Moura 7.5

Conte 8.5

Just going to throw this out here now.

Well done Nick, this is my favourite thread and it has helped me check my biases about players at the door.

All your work is very much appreciated.

Thank you. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the recognition. As I have always said I started this due to my own mistrust of my perceptions of players performance. I needed confirmation and a comparison over time, not just absorbing the ratings for one game from the media etc. I also wanted forum ratings as there is some good knowledge on here.

Thanks for everyone's input. The final summary will be coming soon. I have to set a number of games played for a player to be included as its a season long performance measure.....any ideas ?

Thanks for the recognition. As I have always said I started this due to my own mistrust of my perceptions of players performance. I needed confirmation and a comparison over time, not just absorbing the ratings for one game from the media etc. I also wanted forum ratings as there is some good knowledge on here.

Thanks for everyone's input. The final summary will be coming soon. I have to set a number of games played for a player to be included as its a season long performance measure.....any ideas ?

hmm, tough one, but I'd have to say 50% of all games in the first half of the season and 50% of the second i.e. not all second or first half biased, that way hopefully it will give a full season balance, anything less than that surely becomes moot?

Anyway, Like 80, well done and thank you for keeping this going, it's a real value add here., and does make you think about what you've seen, although as I've said before I do often come back watch the recording/highlights and change my ratings!

hmm, tough one, but I'd have to say 50% of all games in the first half of the season and 50% of the second i.e. not all second or first half biased, that way hopefully it will give a full season balance, anything less than that surely becomes moot?

Anyway, Like 80, well done and thank you for keeping this going, it's a real value add here., and does make you think about what you've seen, although as I've said before I do often come back watch the recording/highlights and change my ratings!

The fact you change your ratings on re-watching the game tells a story. There is quite a lot to absorb and take in.

I do remember Loco only just scraped into the summary with 24/25 appearances last season.

V Norwich watched taped game yesterday afternoon

Lloris 7
Sanchez 7
Dier 7.5
Davies 7
Royal 7
Sess 7.5
Hoj 8.5
Bentacure 8.5
Kulu 9
Kane 7.5
Son 8.5