Son Injured | Page 2 | Vital Football

Son Injured

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Sounds as though Jose is saying it's going to be a lot worse than a number of 'weeks'. Would be surprised to see him again this season....

Being reported as end of the season now.

Kanes being rushed back isnt he

Right at the start, Sonny sprints onto a ball and is barged very hard by the defender, quite a heavy impact, Son then goes down onto same arm at high speed. He goes off and the medic and he probably think it's a bruise so comes back on. Son was clutching his arm and the medic kind of gingerly feeling it.
Thanks Nick. As my schedule had it, I didn't get to see the game until 10 mins in.

My sarcasm about the injury is more a case of you either laugh or cry with the misfortune (or mismanagement) of our squad. Within the 'special one's' tenure of 3 months he knew we needed a.n.other striker which had been neglected for numerous years. Here we are bemoaning our luck.

Son's injury has nothing to do with squad management. Kane's for certain.

Son's injury has nothing to do with squad management. Kane's for certain.

I disagree. Whilst I acknowledge that injury of this nature can happen to any player, however, have a read of the following from Jose:

""The problem with Son and Lucas, especially these two guys, is that they have to play 90 minutes every game," explained Mourinho. "That is the problem with them. If they run out of fuel then we are in trouble. But their quality as players is fantastic and their attitude towards the team is absolutely incredible. "

"They run out of fuel, we are in trouble" says it all about our depth and options.

He broke his hand, it is unfortunate but come on, it has nothing do do with burnout.

He broke his hand, it is unfortunate but come on, it has nothing do do with burnout.
I don't think anyone is suggesting burnout leading to injuries. The point (at least made by me) being that we have deprived ourselves of options by not recruiting a forward. As much as it was recognised prior to and during the window, we couldn't get it done. So, not only we were stuck with same 2 players playing the same way each game, we had no way of mixing things up. And here we are wondering whether a 17 year old will be the saviour!

PJ would be over the moon....and why not. After all, we were almost forced to bring Kane in to the team through necessity and the rest his history. Parrott might just turn out to be another gem.

I'm going to be unusually pessimistic for a change.....we are fooked. Any hope of somehow salvaging something from the season now looks seriously in doubt. It just does not add up now.

Jose still maintains Troy is not ready which might well be the case. But where is the dividing line between a striker who is not quite ready and no striker at all ? ie using an auxiliary stand in like Alli for example.
I hope Jose is bluffing and will give Troy a try.

I don't think anyone is suggesting burnout leading to injuries. The point (at least made by me) being that we have deprived ourselves of options by not recruiting a forward. As much as it was recognised prior to and during the window, we couldn't get it done. So, not only we were stuck with same 2 players playing the same way each game, we had no way of mixing things up. And here we are wondering whether a 17 year old will be the saviour!

PJ would be over the moon....and why not. After all, we were almost forced to bring Kane in to the team through necessity and the rest his history. Parrott might just turn out to be another gem.
Agree with your main point Critical, but I doubt very much Mourinho will give Parrott a chance, unless he is using his standard psychological approach of telling players that they can’t do something in order to get them to prove him wrong...it’s more likely we will see Sess and Berg as wide players with Moura in the central position with Alli as the 10 and LoCo with licence to support or 442 with Alli and Moura up top and Sess coming in for Son....but who knows with Jose.

Agree with your main point Critical, but I doubt very much Mourinho will give Parrott a chance, unless he is using his standard psychological approach of telling players that they can’t do something in order to get them to prove him wrong...it’s more likely we will see Sess and Berg as wide players with Moura in the central position with Alli as the 10 and LoCo with licence to support or 442 with Alli and Moura up top and Sess coming in for Son....but who knows with Jose.

Agree Harry. TBH, I want to exude same optimism as 80. Not all doom and gloom. I am a fan of the change we are going through and I am pleased to see a man of Jose's pedigree taking on the challenge. I very much hope Berg, Fernandez and Lo come along leaps and bound and that Son is not overly missed. I am seeing a lot of positive signs and now that we are entering the all important part of the season, the last thing we needed was another long term lay off for a KEY player.

Well, come end of Weds eve, I may well have forgotten about Sonny, just like little is said about HK! The Chuckle brothers have been split and we may see a completely transformed effort from the rest of the team. Here's hoping. COYS!