Son Injured | Page 3 | Vital Football

Son Injured

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
I really can't see Jose starting Parrott against Leipzig or Chelsea, it will be too high a risk and Jose doesn't really do risks. Somehow he'll try and improvise using Moura, Alli or Lamela, certainly I think that we will see Dele playing further forward than has been the case for quite some time. He may give TP his chance in the Cup tie against Norwich, and depending on how he fares, take it from there, but there is a lot of important football to be played before then.

Jose joked about Peter Crouch,Why not !!!

We have our own Peter Crouch in the U23's. Apparently, 18 year old Kion Etete is now 6'7" and an old fashioned number 9. Is there a though process here that he is indeed the one that is sitting on the 1st team bench to close out games?

Does anyone know if signing a free agent is being considered by the club?

So are we perhaps whinging too much about our squad options?

We registered 25 players for the second half of this season and only have 3 injured?

We have defensive options from Aurier, Tanganga, Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Davies and Sess.....9 fit players for 4 or 5 places

We have midfield options from Dier, Winks, Gedson, Ndombele, Gio, Dele, Skipp.....7 fit players to select 2 or 3 (ignoring Wanyama)

We have attacking options of Dele, Moura, Bergwijn, Gio, Lamela, Sess, Parrott.....6 fit players to select 3 or 4 from

Any way you look at it, we still have a bunch of options without even turning to an academy player. There have been many times in the last couple of seasons where we've had much deeper injury lists than the one we have today.

I get the fear that it's Kane AND Son but would hope we still remain confident in our squad's ability.

So are we perhaps whinging too much about our squad options?

We registered 25 players for the second half of this season and only have 3 injured?

We have defensive options from Aurier, Tanganga, Toby, Jan, Sanchez, Dier, Foyth, Davies and Sess.....9 fit players for 4 or 5 places

We have midfield options from Dier, Winks, Gedson, Ndombele, Gio, Dele, Skipp.....7 fit players to select 2 or 3 (ignoring Wanyama)

We have attacking options of Dele, Moura, Bergwijn, Gio, Lamela, Sess, Parrott.....6 fit players to select 3 or 4 from

Any way you look at it, we still have a bunch of options without even turning to an academy player. There have been many times in the last couple of seasons where we've had much deeper injury lists than the one we have today.

I get the fear that it's Kane AND Son but would hope we still remain confident in our squad's ability.

Having seen how poor at finishing our forward options were on Sunday and now the best of those is out ......no I'm not confident. But I'm hopeful.

Take away Kane and Son and how many goals has that squad ever scored between them ?

Isn't it a moot point as we've never had Gio, Dele, Bergwijn and Moura in the same setup together. We all know Dele has had a 20 goal season and we know Gio and Bergwijn can be a 1 in 3 player in other leagues. Moura for me is the concern if there is one. It's a lot of huff and puff with very little goals and assists. However, he is important to a counter attacking setup without Son.

We'll find out.

Isn't it a moot point as we've never had Gio, Dele, Bergwijn and Moura in the same setup together. We all know Dele has had a 20 goal season and we know Gio and Bergwijn can be a 1 in 3 player in other leagues. Moura for me is the concern if there is one. It's a lot of huff and puff with very little goals and assists. However, he is important to a counter attacking setup without Son.

We'll find out.

I'm glad you mentioned the Dele 20 goals or whatever it was as I was thinking about that one spectacular season on Sunday when he was once again finishing like a goalkeeper, which he has done ever since that one season !

I have been impressed by Lucas with his interceptions and anticipations , he latches onto passes from the opposition and drives forward.

It would be crazy to consider it but reversing him and Loco would be interesting. So Moura deeper and feeding the front 2 or 3. He could still arrive in the box as Alli used to and shoot.

Couldn't make it up. FFS.

Bergwinj, Dele, Lucas.

Gedson, Winks, Lo Celso.

Having Harry Vibes. " Bare to the bones".

Harry never actually had it that bad, he always had a mixture of Crouch, Defoe. Pav and VDV to choose from.

Look at his nephew Frank whining when Abraham is injured and he only has Batshit and Giroud to choose from, Jose would kill for that !

Just as well we're not being managed by Poch. Three of those wouldn't have been seen for another three months, One seen 4 times a season (Lamela) and 2 shy kids to make up our options!