Son Injured | Page 4 | Vital Football

Son Injured

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
Seriously if Barca are allowed to sign someone when they still have Messi, Griezmann and Fati at their disposal!!! Our 2 top forwards are out but will we be allowed to. Will we fuck

Seriously if Barca are allowed to sign someone when they still have Messi, Griezmann and Fati at their disposal!!! Our 2 top forwards are out but will we be allowed to. Will we fuck

The rule in Spanish football is the player has to be out for a projected 5 months to allow a signing.

I'm going to have a little bit of a rant about our fans and the treatment of Son in recent months.

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Son and after meeting him a year ago my opinion of him as a person only improved. He works damn hard, he wears his heart on his sleeve and he gets on with the job he is asked to do. However, so many fans are targeting him over our poor performances, constantly branding him as selfish and hot-headed. For me, its easier to see both those things as positive traits with a striker who is confident in his abilities (and what striker isnt selfish!) and a player who has passion and determination to win, which can sometimes result in the odd daft moment. He isn't nasty, he isn't malicious and he is absolutely not only caring about his own glory (which is evident when you meet him.)

Against Villa, Sonny summed up exactly why I rate him so highly with one action. It appears that he suffered the arm fracture in a clash at the beginning of the match. 51 seconds into the match to be exact. There is photo evidence now that shows that he was clearly in pain from this point on but he continued to play hard and score 2 goals. That shows amazing character and real determination to help the team! We need more people like that in this team.

We all get frustrated with players at times. I'm guilty of it and it is completely understandable. What I hate seeing is 'toys out the pram' comments like "Get rid!" By all means, comment on how shit a player may be playing, but lets not be so over-reactive. We're meant to be supporting these players through what has been a tough, tough season for everyone. I'm not fucking around when I say our home support is diabolical at the moment. For years we mocked the Goons for their lack of atmosphere at the Emirates and now we have an amazing stadium, we're allowing the same thing to happen.

I'm going to have a little bit of a rant about our fans and the treatment of Son in recent months.

It's no secret that I'm a big fan of Son and after meeting him a year ago my opinion of him as a person only improved. He works damn hard, he wears his heart on his sleeve and he gets on with the job he is asked to do. However, so many fans are targeting him over our poor performances, constantly branding him as selfish and hot-headed. For me, its easier to see both those things as positive traits with a striker who is confident in his abilities (and what striker isnt selfish!) and a player who has passion and determination to win, which can sometimes result in the odd daft moment. He isn't nasty, he isn't malicious and he is absolutely not only caring about his own glory (which is evident when you meet him.)

Against Villa, Sonny summed up exactly why I rate him so highly with one action. It appears that he suffered the arm fracture in a clash at the beginning of the match. 51 seconds into the match to be exact. There is photo evidence now that shows that he was clearly in pain from this point on but he continued to play hard and score 2 goals. That shows amazing character and real determination to help the team! We need more people like that in this team.

We all get frustrated with players at times. I'm guilty of it and it is completely understandable. What I hate seeing is 'toys out the pram' comments like "Get rid!" By all means, comment on how shit a player may be playing, but lets not be so over-reactive. We're meant to be supporting these players through what has been a tough, tough season for everyone. I'm not fucking around when I say our home support is diabolical at the moment. For years we mocked the Goons for their lack of atmosphere at the Emirates and now we have an amazing stadium, we're allowing the same thing to happen.

Well said. My one recurring challenge with Son is his defensive contribution in the setup. It's crazy that a 27 year old player that is clearly willing to work so hard doesn't know how to use his football brain defensively. Moura is the same but without Son's output at the other end.

I'd also like Son to have a higher output in away games. He's still very much a home game player when you look at his stats.

Generally though, what we've been seeing recently is a form and setup issue, not Son's attitude. He is our Sonny and such an important player over a very long time. What's not to love !!!

Jose joked about Peter Crouch,Why not !!!

I suppose because he's been out of the game since the summer, and it would take the rest of the season to get him fit enough for a game.

But I wonder if there are any free agents released in January who could do a job ?

How the bloody hell did Dortmund sign Haaland for just £17M 🤦‍♂️

Because we never could; he was bought by the RedBull stable from Norway (before anyone really took notice of him, as before then he wasn't spotted by any big club and really wasn't thought to be up to much!).

So he was bought by RB Salzburg for nothing money, although there are all sorts of rumours about what deal his Father agreed with Minola Riola (who is also Pogba's agent). Supposedly, before he signed for Dortmund, he wanted to sign for Manchster United (and I know that part to be true from other clubs agents who were all over him) however after Manure thought they'd secured his agreement in a face to face meeting pre-xmas Minola then got involved, he used it to for another players benefit, got into a fight with Manure about Pogba (that's still going on) and steered him towards Dortmund who seemingly have him now suddenly as their main club agent!....

So that's why he turned up at Dortmund.

Make of it what you will, but we never had a hope of signing him

The 'get rid' are always from the same impatient set of fans we seem to carry around with us.

As for the stadium, that's the clubs fault for following the letter of the law after we'd been warned by the stadium licensing authorities some years back.

We now have job worth stadium stewards whose whole existence seems to be to force fans to sit down, do as we're told and not get excited - it's killed all hope of the stadium being the noise aggregator it was designed to be - except of course for the away fans who do what the f**k they like for the whole of the game as our stewards are terrified of forcing them to follow the rules.

Last edited:
Dier is not quick Walthy but I agree for the short time he would be on the pitch he would put him self about.....or how about Aurier...he could seriously injury a few of their defenders before being given his marching orders and he would not need to make any poor crosses to himself! Whilst we re on this humourous concept...why not Vertonghen...he would be the better of the above options I reckon.

The 'get rid' are always from the same impatient set of fans we seem to carry around with us.

As for the stadium, that's the clubs fault for following the letter of the law after we'd been warned by the stadium licensing authorities some years back.

We now have job worth stadium stewards whose whole existence seems to be to force fans to sit down, do as we're told and not get excited - it's killed all hope of the stadium being the noise aggregator it was designed to be - except of course for the away fans who do what the f**k they like for the whole of the game as our stewards are terrified of forcing them to follow the rules.

I do get that, but an example I used a few weeks back was when Cantwell committed a really high challenge on one of our players, that was borderline a red (in the same way Son vs Rudiger was) but the ref didn't even card him iirc. Normally, this tends to make the opposition player a target for booing, but there was nothing. 5 minutes later Cantwell put in another late challenge on Winks and Winks went off injured. Still Cantwell stayed on the pitch and still no reaction from our fans. I know its panto at its core, but the absence of a reaction was really noticeable. At WHL it would have been different.

I do get that, but an example I used a few weeks back was when Cantwell committed a really high challenge on one of our players, that was borderline a red (in the same way Son vs Rudiger was) but the ref didn't even card him iirc. Normally, this tends to make the opposition player a target for booing, but there was nothing. 5 minutes later Cantwell put in another late challenge on Winks and Winks went off injured. Still Cantwell stayed on the pitch and still no reaction from our fans. I know its panto at its core, but the absence of a reaction was really noticeable. At WHL it would have been different.

I don't think it's got too much to do with the old v new stadium, it's more to do with how we've been playing for so long - the whole emotional reaction/belief has been knocked to hell out of the fans too...

I'm hoping tonight might well be an inflection point = one that heads in the 'right' direction!