Son Injured | Vital Football

Son Injured

• Thread starter Removed at own request
  • Start date
R

Removed at own request

Heung-Min Son is to undergo surgery this week after sustaining a fracture to his right arm.
The South Korea international suffered the injury during our win against Aston Villa on Sunday.
Following surgery, our medical staff shall be reviewing management options for Son’s rehabilitation with the player expected to be sidelined for a number of weeks.

Glad we didnt sign a striker.

Purely down to the summer window and Mopo for me.

No striker so flogging Kane to death -
Son has to step up - Jose said he was in red zone - injured
Moura next?

The only option is Troy but Mourinho is more likely to continue with Dele and Lucas as an attacking pair and bring Gedson into the line-up as another attacking option.

The only option is Troy but Mourinho is more likely to continue with Dele and Lucas as an attacking pair and bring Gedson into the line-up as another attacking option.

Dele false 9 I guess.

How much more misfortune can this Club have with injuries. We have ten huge weeks coming up where virtually every game is a must win. Just as it was beginning to look as if our season may end far better than it started, this is a huge setback. Without both Kane and Son we are potentially in serious trouble, both in terms of who is going to score the goals, and who is going to exert pressure on opposing defences, nobody can match HK's finishing quality, and nobody can match the pressure applied by Son's relentless running. Moura up front pretty much on his own is far too lightweight, and to expect Parrott to come in as a novice at the highest level, and do what is necessary at this stage of the season is wishful thinking. With very few options, my preference would be for Alli or Lamela to play as a false nine, but I for one will be hugely surprised if this latest setback doesn't wreck our season totally.

How much more misfortune can this Club have with injuries. We have ten huge weeks coming up where virtually every game is a must win. Just as it was beginning to look as if our season may end far better than it started, this is a huge setback. Without both Kane and Son we are potentially in serious trouble, both in terms of who is going to score the goals, and who is going to exert pressure on opposing defences, nobody can match HK's finishing quality, and nobody can match the pressure applied by Son's relentless running. Moura up front pretty much on his own is far too lightweight, and to expect Parrott to come in as a novice at the highest level, and do what is necessary at this stage of the season is wishful thinking. With very few options, my preference would be for Alli or Lamela to play as a false nine, but I for one will be hugely surprised if this latest setback doesn't wreck our season totally.

Its not misfortune, its really not.

On a fracture - ok I've heard of post op lasers on fractures that are supposed to help healing be quicker, but is that proven and we might even do it anyway?

yes on a fracture, and it works have first hand experience, and have since sent a lot of people with breaks from ireland across to ipswich to have it done. for example a good friend of mine both broke his tibular and fibular (prob spelt wrong) on a friday evening, had laser on the monday and was racing 5 days later in germany, in a european champions ship event and won all 3 races with albeit a broken leg week previous. local doctors had initially told him 8 weeks healing time then removal of cast then physio. he literally walked back onto the plane on the monday 3 hrs after the treatment with his cast removed,

Bad luck, but it always happens when a position is left exposed with no signings. Even good strikers go through dips in form as we have repeatedly seen. It just does not make sense to have one proper striker in the squad !! Chance for Troy now and with Bergwijn, Alli, Lamela, Loco and Moura supporting who knows ?

yes on a fracture, and it works have first hand experience, and have since sent a lot of people with breaks from ireland across to ipswich to have it done. for example a good friend of mine both broke his tibular and fibular (prob spelt wrong) on a friday evening, had laser on the monday and was racing 5 days later in germany, in a european champions ship event and won all 3 races with albeit a broken leg week previous. local doctors had initially told him 8 weeks healing time then removal of cast then physio. he literally walked back onto the plane on the monday 3 hrs after the treatment with his cast removed,

That frankly sounds unbelievable! I'll have to do some reading.

Can't recall when during the match he injured himself. Unless it is due to RSI, repeatedly raising his arm to ask how he missed that chance.

Did he not have an arm injury before?

Right at the start, Sonny sprints onto a ball and is barged very hard by the defender, quite a heavy impact, Son then goes down onto same arm at high speed. He goes off and the medic and he probably think it's a bruise so comes back on. Son was clutching his arm and the medic kind of gingerly feeling it.